Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Combat Ready
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/86dD3c4J2wo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/86dD3c4J2wo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

CNN Very Good Story

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

RIP, RJD...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NP2gGuP62-c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NP2gGuP62-c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Guitar Shark
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Flag
          What I'm hearing you say is that you'd like to go to the next level.

Ok, Ted. Next level...coming up!

One last chance to apologize, because I'm a nice guy.
          I've defended you in the past, but that ends right now if you keep this shit up.
          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• The Flag
            Banned
            • May 2010

Alright, but only because it's you asking.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
              Head Fluffer
              • Aug 2004

Sad news. RIP RJD

Sunday morning about 12:30am I was at the Steel Panther show @ the House of Blues in Vegas. Mid way through the set Russ came out and said they just heard Dio died. Crowd was like wtf? They then tore into the opening of Rainbow in the Dark and dedicated it to Ronnie. They didn't finish it because nobody could sing like RJD.

I got to see RJD a few times solo. Great, great show every time. Going back today through all the Rainbow & Sabbath stuff as well today. Just remembering all the great work.

+++

Also Lars from Metallica had several nice stories about meeting Dio back in the 70s and what a nice guy he was.

Dear Ronnie,
              I just got off stage in Zagreb. I was met with the news that you've passed on. I'm kind of in shock, but I wanted you to know that you were one of the main reasons I made it onto that stage to begin with. When I first saw you in Elf, opening for Deep Purple in 1975, I was completely blown away by the power in your voice, your presence on stage, your confidence, and the ease with which you seemed to connect to 6000 Danish people and one starry-eyed 11 year old, most of whom were not familiar with Elf's music..........

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Flag
                Alright, but only because it's you asking.
                Actually, it's just common decency.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Dio - Final Performance w/Heaven & Hell - The Mob Rules (partial)
                  <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sM16MYfRBVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sM16MYfRBVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Pencilled Ronnie James Dio

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/2330483/pencilled_ronnie_james_dio.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_2330483"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2330483/pencilled_ronnie_james_dio/"></a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">The best video clips are right here</a></font>

Comment

• kissfan1976
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2010

Tony,Geezer,Bill & Vinnie should get together and stage some kind of DIO tribute.
                      Ozzy should even participate.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Been cranking Rainbow, Sabbath and Dio all day.

A true titan of metal - this guy sang on three albums that are more than classics, they are legendary - 'Rainbow Rising', 'Heaven & Hel', and 'Holy Diver'. No one can match that.

R.I.P.

As for the petty squabbling in this thread, you should all be ashamed.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ace diamond
                          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

i got the news yesterday morning from a very close friend of mine.
                          i am very saddened and quite devestated that we have lost ronnie.
                          last night i put on "master of the moon" and just blasted it while i sat and wept.
                          saturday night, something kept telling and just nagging at me to listen to ronnie's music, be it black sabbet, dio, rainbow, elf, heaven and hell, anything.
                          somehow i just knew his lights were about to go out.
                          and now that he is gone i just feel this massive void has been left in the cosmos, as well as in my heart.
                          ronnie was a very powerful person with massive amounts of energy.
                          when a huge source of power like that goes out, it leaves a massive void in it's wake.
                          forgive me, i'm rambling. i loved and respected ronnie very much.
                          i always have and i always will.
                          i once wrote when doing a write up on dick dale, that:
                          "to be forgotten, that is true death. as long as there is at least one person who still remembers you, and still listens to the legacy of music you leave behind when you are gone, you are never truly gone and dead."
                          well, ronnie, your memory and your music will always live on with me.
                          let's have one more pint for the road, old buddy...........i'm buying!

i've attended several of his concerts over the years, and i had the absolute pleasure and honour of meeting him and shaking his hand and having a bit of a chat with him may 2, 2009 in san bernardino, california, usa, at the best buy in store signing for "the devil you know" heaven and hell album release.

I thanked him for all the years he has given music to us all.
                          ronnie was a true gentleman. he had a very powerful aura about him.
                          he also had a great sense of humour, and a most impressive memory.
                          rock in peace, ronnie.
                          with the utmost love and respect do i give my best and kindest regards to wendy,
                          ace diamond experience.
                          RONNIE JAMES DIO, YOU WILL BE EVER SO GREATLY MISSED.
                          Last edited by ace diamond; 05-17-2010, 03:40 PM.
                          Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                          When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Vocalist Graham Bonnet (RAINBOW, MSG, IMPELLITTERI, ALCATRAZZ) has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"It was a horrible day yesterday.

"I want to thank him for being a good friend, and drawing the map for me, when I was in doubt of the role I would play in RAINBOW.

"My musical background was so different from his but I listened and learned the way to be a replacement, as such and followed the master of hard rock singing, and the name he used to call me — 'Gray'... the only American that abbreviated my name that way. It was funny to hear...

"Thanks, Ron!! And Wendy, I know, will keep him in her heart forever.

"My love goes out to him and his family...

"Only one Ronnie!"

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                              Hey Buttfucker, did you report me to Photobucket???
                              I'm sorry to further take away from this sad topic but this post was some much needed comic relief.
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Rockline

The July 7, 2010 edition of the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" will be a tribute to legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio — best known for his work with BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW and his own band DIO — featuring clips of interviews with the singer that were originally broadcast between 1981 and 2009.

Hosted by Bob Coburn, "Rockline" airs at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET,

For more information, visit rocklineradio.com

Comment

Working...