• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Rip rj dio

Message from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-16-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Oh, man...

Dio can't die, it's not meant to happen! Holy crap, c'mon! Not Dio, it can't be... it's so unfair.

DAMMIT!!!!

Dio, dude... thanks, man. Thanks for everything. Thank you for all the kickass music over the years. May all the songs you gave us give you immortality in return.

Here's to a Man who should have lived on forever...

Cheers!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Wow.

What a fucking bummer.

Am glad as fuck I got a chance to catch him fronting Sabbath a few years ago. Was amazed at how well he was still singing at his age...like, vocally, he hadn't aged a day since I had last seen him in 1985.

God bless, RJD.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I knew things weren't looking good when they cancelled the tour, but I was hoping it was just a tough roadblock, and he'd return from it.

A true rock n roll pioneer has left us. Fuck cancer.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's a shame. Over the years I've read countless things from fans saying how cool he had been to them.

Comment

• Blaze
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SK9uZXYFfr4&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SK9uZXYFfr4&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
              sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Damn, that is a significant voice to lose from the orchestra.
                "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                sigpic

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Sucks. It was so quick. He must have been in bad shape going in. Stomach cancer is rarely detrected until later stages.

Get yourself checked people!
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

So fucking sad. I'll always remember selling him a chocolate pudding pie & diet pepsi when I worked a lunch truck at the Sports Arena after his show. Music lost a giant today. Just don't have the words to describe his impact on music and what an awesomely nice guy he was. Catch that rainbow Ronnie. You are going to be severely missed.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Threads merged, thread title edited....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kissfan1976
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2010

I was fortunate enough to win tickets w/ backstage passes in 1988 and met RJD.
                        He was very cool and very friendly.

I saw him on The Mob Rules, Dream Evil, Killing The Dragon and Heaven & Hell Reunion Tours.

I have always loved his Rainbow,Sabbath and solo music and I listen to a RJD related cd at work once a day.
                        I know it sounds corny but i feel like I lost a friend.

R.I.P. Ronnie.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I didn't see him until last summer. Glad I did. Grate live voice. Cancer indeed sucks.
                          Originally posted by Cato
                          Golden, why are you FAT?
                          Originally posted by lesfunk
                          Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• High Life Man
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

Sad.

Got to see him a number of times - solo and with BS. Always a good time.

My friend met him a couple years ago on the street. Sad he was really friendly and they spent a couple of minutes talking about music.

Seriously, a bummer.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              If it were a hoax, Wendy Dio would not have posted the following at the official website www.ronniejamesdio.com
                              The rumors started what turned out to be about five hours before he actually passed away.....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• conmee
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

Shocking but expected news, as things weren't looking good as FORD points out with tour cancellation and rumors since the end of last year.

I saw Dio during Holy Diver and as headline Last In Line tour, where he had that big ass Satan stage set and the backdrop off all the lost souls bearing down on Hell similar to the album cover if I recall.

Also saw him in the Bay Area at the Cow Palace in the 90s.

Listening to Holy Diver right now... he will be missed.

That is all.

Icon©®™
                                An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                                hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

Working...