• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
    The RRHOF is a joke. Nuff said...
    Yup. It's all about this corporate shit entity that R-n-R has become. Awards - Grammys, Brits, whatever, have got fuck all to do with rock'n'roll.

That's why - despite the possible other reasons for them not showing (rehab, etc) - that VH not showing up was actually more rock'n'roll in that old 'we don't give a fuck way'. I approved of that.

The only two acts not to show up to be inducted - VH and the Sex Pistols.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ppg960
      He's likely up there with Vince Neil.

Not in weight class though.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Whiteflag
        Ignorant post.

Let me tell you a story young man. Me and my third wife were on a cruise. that is correct my first time on a ship since that fateful day and I got to give the New Jersey album a few spins. and it is quite a good record. remember now I am used to vinyl.

by your way of thinking David Lee Roth should be shot at sunrise for all the shit music he released after his bonehead decision to leave VH in 1985. which by the way was a few days before my 73rd birthday.
        Old Captain Buzzkill strikes again! I was wondering where you got off to. If you can tell me what is "quite good" about New Jersey i will certainly apologize. Is it Bad Medicine? What a great rocker that was. How about Born to Be My Baby (And i was made to be your man)? With deep lyrics like those i can see how you would be spellbound.

As for "all the shit music he released after" 1985, i don't know what you're talking about. Dave has never released any shitty music.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

I have no time for Bon Jovi, but they've been going for decades and can still sell out some of the biggest venues in the world, even though most of their newer records don't really get much air play - that tell's me they've been doing something right, even if I don't know what it is.

Are there more deserving entries into the RRHOF? Sure. But BJ deserve their place, whether I like 'em or not.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Whiteflag
            Banned
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
            Old Captain Buzzkill strikes again! I was wondering where you got off to. If you can tell me what is "quite good" about New Jersey i will certainly apologize. Is it Bad Medicine? What a great rocker that was. How about Born to Be My Baby (And i was made to be your man)? With deep lyrics like those i can see how you would be spellbound.

As for "all the shit music he released after" 1985, i don't know what you're talking about. Dave has never released any shitty music.
            Dave has never released any shitty music?

That's funny as shit ya god damn southerner!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

Deep Purple, Motorhead, Rush, Alice !! The list is long !! Maybe their the lucky one's. Sometime's I'm glad Ed & Dave stayed home. I don't hate Bon Jovi but give me a break !!! Fuck the hall.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                Yup. It's all about this corporate shit entity that R-n-R has become. Awards - Grammys, Brits, whatever, have got fuck all to do with rock'n'roll.

That's why - despite the possible other reasons for them not showing (rehab, etc) - that VH not showing up was actually more rock'n'roll in that old 'we don't give a fuck way'. I approved of that.

The only two acts not to show up to be inducted - VH and the Sex Pistols.
                At the time, the only reason I even half-wanted the Van Halens to show up was on the off-chance the CVH lineup would take the stage (being that this was still several months before the 2007 tour was offically confirmed) and play a few tunes.

Once that wasn't gonna happen, it was somehow fitting that only Hagar and Anthony turned up.

Fucking useless organization.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Whiteflag
                  Dave has never released any shitty music?

That's funny as shit ya god damn southerner!
                  LMAO!!! You are alright with me Cap.
                  RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                  LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...