Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Yep, this is killer!! They were hanging around Pantera a lot around this time.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
      Skid Row album "Slave To The Grind" is a pretty good.
      Yes. Yes, indeed.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yep, this is killer!! They were hanging around Pantera a lot around this time.
        I love the slight key change at 1:02. That's right, they were gettin' their Pantera on!

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
          Robert Plant's voice is horrible
          His voice now isn't up to singing a large bulk of Zeppelin material, that's for sure. A bit odd that so many want to see him reform with Zep still, because there are more songs in the Zep catalog than not that he simply wouldn't be capable of pulling off.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Seems like Plant either lost his edge or just does not want to sing like a bad ass anymore.. Even back in the 80's he was singing with that watered down tone. It is a shame. Led Zep was one of the baddest bands ever until VH came out of course.... Such a variety in the style of all their songs. Amazing. JPJ is still my fav bass player to this day.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Seems like Plant either lost his edge or just does not want to sing like a bad ass anymore.. Even back in the 80's he was singing with that watered down tone. It is a shame. Led Zep was one of the baddest bands ever until VH came out of course.... Such a variety in the style of all their songs. Amazing. JPJ is still my fav bass player to this day.
              I love the song Little By Little. That slightly unsettling keyboard part, the minimalist guitar approach, shit even Phil Collins wicked little snare rolls. "I can breathe again!!" Good song to blast when you've just overcome some bullshil hurdle in life.

Comment

• gbranton
                Veteran
                • Aug 2005

Seems like Plant either lost his edge or just does not want to sing like a bad ass anymore...
                He has simply turned into a giant vagina.

I don't want to hear his pussy ass whine about not being able to hit this or that note anymore:

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Page got old. There really is lead in Led Zeppelin now.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Bob_R
                    LOL! Really? I must say I appreciate your honesty and to each their own.

But, not me fella!

Just turned 57 yesterday. I'll take Nancy.

Ok now, would you facefuck her for bragging rights, then? LOL!
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      His voice now isn't up to singing a large bulk of Zeppelin material, that's for sure. A bit odd that so many want to see him reform with Zep still, because there are more songs in the Zep catalog than not that he simply wouldn't be capable of pulling off.
                      To the person who loves led Zeppelin it does not matter if Robert sounds great. For them it's seeing him up there with JP & JPJ (and hopefully Bonham jr.) playing their favorite songs. Much like many of us so happy to see EVH & DLR together again.

I don't think anyone believes he will nail the beginning scream of Immigrant Song ever again. And that's ok. They need to do it like The Police did it. One final hurrah! filling stadiums around the world & giving their fans closure, 1 last night of memories, and a chance to say goodbye properly.

*I would be torn in going. On 1 side, I've never seen Led Zep before. On the flip, I would feel guilty using a ticket being only a casual fan that would prevent someone hardcore from attending.
                      Last edited by sadaist; 03-19-2012, 01:01 AM.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        Subhuman Race by Skid Row is a great, mean and kick ass CD. I highly reccomend it to those who haven't heard it. Everything They've done sans Bas is pretty bad. If I were to rate my favorite 3rd albums by a group, this one would be pretty high up on the list.
                        I agree. I reviewed it in the reviews thread.

You can't argue with the songs on that record.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Page got old. There really is lead in Led Zeppelin now.
                          Some of his ex girlfriends will have graduated high school by now.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

The thing about Anthrax is A.I.R. was the very 1st song I learned all the way through. I'd play the cassette on my stereo, plug my Hondo through a distortion pedal & into my $50 Gorilla amp and play along. So much fun. Thank goodness for Scott Ian writing chunky easy riffs that hacks like me could learn and feel like we could play heavy metal for real!

Among The Living is one of the greatest metal albums ever recorded. Top 10 I'd say.

*I know AIR was before Among The Living.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Their moment in the sun had long since passed by the time of the post 9-11 Anthrax scare but I did still feel a bit sorry for them.

People went off like they were called 'Twin Tower Plane Attack' or something.

Comment

• BenJammin
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                                Incommunicado!
                                Too bad.
                                "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

Working...