• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yount
    Commando
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I can go along with most of that.
    Hey Sesh you're a Scotsman you've gotta love the big Fish from Midlothian right? My 2nd favourite singer after DLR.
    Fish changed me overnight when I first heard him. Script was my intro LP - a good place to start. BTW love the 20-minute Grendel on the bonus disc!!

Hounds freeze in silence bewitched by the reptile spell
    Sulphurous essence pervades round the grassy dell
    Heorot awaits him like lamb to the butcher's knife
    Stellular heavens ignore even children's cries

Screams are his music, lightning his guide
    Raping the darkness, d-d-death by his side

Chants rise in terror, free round the oaken beams
    Flickering firelight portraying the grisly scene
    Warriors advance, prepare for the nightmare foe
    Futile their sacrifice as even their hearts must know

Heroes delusion, with feet in the grave
    Lurker at the threshold, he cares not for the brave, he cares not for the brave
    Last edited by Yount; 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• BenJammin
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Yount
      Hey Sesh you're a Scotsman you've gotta love the big Fish from Midlothian right? My 2nd favourite singer after DLR.
      Fish changed me overnight when I first heard him. Script was my intro LP - a good place to start. BTW love the 20-minute Grendel on the bonus disc!!

Hounds freeze in silence bewitched by the reptile spell
      Sulphurous essence pervades round the grassy dell
      Heorot awaits him like lamb to the butcher's knife
      Stellular heavens ignore even children's cries

Screams are his music, lightning his guide
      Raping the darkness, d-d-death by his side

Chants rise in terror, free round the oaken beams
      Flickering firelight portraying the grisly scene
      Warriors advance, prepare for the nightmare foe
      Futile their sacrifice as even their hearts must know

Heroes delusion, with feet in the grave
      Lurker at the threshold, he cares not for the brave, he cares not for the brave
      A Fish fan eh? One of my favorite duets ever, him and Sam Brown. Sam's a relatively unknown artist in the USA, but she's f'in awesome. First noticed her on the 'Concert for George [Harrison]' tribute doing Horse to Water.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This is 'Horse to Water', sorry this one isn't in sync but catch it while you can, they keep taking this down and don't put it on the CD/DVD even if you buy the full version.
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Last edited by BenJammin; 03-14-2012, 07:46 PM.
      "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• Yount
        Commando
        • Jan 2012

Incommunicado!

Comment

• Headly1984
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2011

I guess I don;t care for Boston based Rock bands - I think Aerosmith and Godmsack both, suck, B level band at best - maybe that is a popular opinion tho ' ?

AS was considered a led zeppelin rip off band in the 70's & smack sure as hell started off as a Alice in Chains cover band - even ripped off their band name from a AIC song title and damned near ripped off an album title too - faceless/facelift ?

boston is good at putting out rip off bands apparently

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
            Sniper
            • Apr 2004

I think Stairway to Heaven is Led Zeppelin's best song.
            I think Aerosmith is the greatest American rock band.
            I love Kiss. They have a huge catalog that I never get tired of.
            I think Use Your Illusion is greater than Appetite.
            I hold Roth's solo catalog in equally high regard as his Van Halen work.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
              I think Stairway to Heaven is Led Zeppelin's best song.
              I think Aerosmith is the greatest American rock band.
              I love Kiss. They have a huge catalog that I never get tired of.
              I think Use Your Illusion is greater than Appetite.
              I hold Roth's solo catalog in equally high regard as his Van Halen work.
              I pretty much agree with these.Although I think Use Your Illusion is on par with.Nothing is superior to Appetite
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• fourthcoming

Unpopular music opinion: Def Leppard got better when they got rid of Pete Willis and inserted Phil Collen. THEY DIED WHEN THEY GOT RID OF PETE WILLIS!!!!

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yep. High & Dry remains the best album Def Leppard ever did. Pyromania was good, but not great (probably because it still had enough of Pete Willis left on it before he was fired) Hysteria was tolerable. Everything after that - complete crap.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Yep. High & Dry remains the best album Def Leppard ever did. .
                    Hell yes! 'Mirror Mirror' still rocks my world, love the album.....
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                      'Mirror Mirror' still rocks my world,
                      With all due respect... that's a very gay statement... just sayin'

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Yep. High & Dry remains the best album Def Leppard ever did. Pyromania was good, but not great (probably because it still had enough of Pete Willis left on it before he was fired) Hysteria was tolerable. Everything after that - complete crap.

I really like Hysteria. The song Hysteria is just such a clean cool guitar riff. If a rock band is going to do a ballad, no one does them better than old Def Lep.

And to me Pyromania is one of the greatest albums of all time. ALL TIME!

But yeah, complete crap after that. Just as VH died with "Hellooooo Babbbyyyy", Def Leppard died with "Do you Wanna Get rocked?".
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                          Hell yes! 'Mirror Mirror' still rocks my world, love the album.....
                          Originally posted by Mr Walker
                          With all due respect... that's a very gay statement... just sayin'

Only if by "gay" you mean "Fuck yeah bro! that song fucking rules!!!!"
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                            Unpopular music opinion: Def Leppard got better when they got rid of Pete Willis and inserted Phil Collen. THEY DIED WHEN THEY GOT RID OF PETE WILLIS!!!!

I think way too much importance is placed on him. Similar to Cliff Burton. They might have declined when Pete was out.....but they actually died when Steve died. And to make sure they stayed dead, they hired Vivian Campbell - professional band killer.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

I don't care for 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. 'The Wall' is a million times better.

Comment

• Headly1984
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                                I don't care for 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. 'The Wall' is a million times better.
                                Ever see/listen to the movie Live @ Pompeii ?

If you are not familiar with it - it kind of bridges PF from the trippy jam era to DSOTM - shows footage of Waters working on developing some of the sound effects used on DSOTM - but is mostly live early works .. Amazing stuff imho

Animals is probably my favorite floyd besides Pompeii and the earlier work, between the end of Syd and DSOTM - when they were still progressive trippy jamming - Echos, and such

The Wall - a masterpiece. and I can't say I haven't heard it 100 times but maybe I am burnt on it or just older and the content is less palatable - currently The Wall is something I could delete from the record collection and never miss

Comment

Working...