Queensryche planning to fire Geoff Tate? Backstage knife drama!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

The video's embedding was not disabled by request when I posted it, but no matter.

The ignorant fuck continues to whine:

Blabbermouth.net focuses on the latest heavy metal and hard rock news, reviews and music featuring tour dates and release dates

GEOFF TATE: 'I Don't Ever Wanna Be In A Band Again' - June 11, 2013

Metal Kaoz recently conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below.

On whether he is writing any new music at the moment:

Tate: "I'm working on a new album now. I just started writing it, and I hope to have it out early [next] year.

"My goal is to write albums and put them out without a lot of time going by. In the past, I've had to wait for years to put records out, and I don't wanna work like that anymore; I wanna be more immediate with my art. So I wanna put out a record every six months….

"It's not hard at all [to write and record an album that quickly]; it's just making the time, because it's difficult to write when you're on the road. You just have to be disciplined about it.

"I've spent the majority of my career waiting for the guys in the band to write, or to come up with songs, or to be ready to write, or to be done with going to the dentist so they can come to rehearsal, and that kind of thing, and I'm just done with that now; I don't need to have to worry about that, so I can put out records at my own pace.

"I either write by myself or I write with a group of people that I choose, which I'm very into; I like working with, in a collaborative sense, different people, and I don't ever wanna be in a band again — a band band that sticks together through thick and thin and all that. I've already done that. I wanna work with different groups of people and I wanna constantly be changing it up to make it interesting and different. And I wanna play with as many great players as I possible can. Because I can. I can call up [former JUDAS PRIEST guitarist] K.K. Downing and say, 'Ken, hey, you've got time, two weeks in November, to play a short tour?' I can do that. And why not? Why not have that experience of playing with these fantastic players. That's kind of what I started doing on the last record, 'Frequency Unknown' — working with all these great players who I admire."

On which moniker he will release his next album under:

Tate: "I don't know yet what moniker I'm gonna release it under yet. I haven't decided yet. Hopefully by November [when the legal dispute between Tate and his former bandmates in QUEENSRŸCHE over the rights to the group's name is scheduled to go to court], it will all be settled.

On what his chances are of winning the court case in November:

Tate: "Honestly, what the whole thing is about is money. It's a corporate dispute, and corporate disputes have a formula that is in place that is set by the state and the federal government as to how the dispute is settled. So that's what we'll be going with — the formula that the state set forth. And it's just about money — who is going to compensate who? That's strictly the whole thing. It doesn't have anything to do with who said what, it's just a matter of exchanging money, which is kind of ridiculous at this point, but that's what it's about."

On the details of the album that he is currently working on:

Tate: "I can't about it too much at this point, but I can tell you that it's a trilogy — it's three albums that all relate to each other; it's a story. It's something I've been working on quite a long time, and I'm finally in a position to do it now. So I'm very excited about it. It's a very cool and very interesting subject. It's very topical, it's very 'now.' I can say that it's an international story, it's set in a number of different countries around the world, and it has some central characters who are involved with an international incident. It has to do with virtual currencies and Internet banking and stock trading."

Comment

• Whorehey
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Listening to a stream of the new album by the other four guys
      with the new singer. This blows away what I could stomach
      from "Taters All-Stars".
      'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

I just saw the Dropping The Needle podcast with Mitch Lafon and Michael Brandvold when they interviewed the Tater Tot and oh my god they all looked like they wanted nothing to do with each other. Geoff whined through the entire interview and Mitch and Michael just wanted to tell him to shut the fuck up.
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

This thread just keeps going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going & going !!!! Amazing to me really. Band hasn't done shit for 20 years ! And now it's what 3 different bands or something ?? Lol.

Comment

• Whorehey
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

I'm all about my favorite bands wasting time/potential...

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Got the new REAL QR album yesterday. It is pretty good, though a bit overproduced for my taste. I feel there is too much in the way of "ambient sound-effect" crap on it (similar to Rage For Order), but overall it is a fine piece of work.

It actually sounds like Queensryche, unlike tater's piece of shit CD with a bunch of unrelated hired guns. I give it 4 out of 5. I would like it more if the arrangements were a bit more stripped down, as in O: MC, but that is just my opinion.

Comment

• Whorehey
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2012

The Rest Of The Band are playing a festival in McHenry, IL
                this Saturday. My friends are trying to talk me into going.
                I don't want to. Anyone on here planning to go?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Not me. But if you mean QR with Todd on vox, all my friends who saw them in Gnashville in March said they were totally kickass.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Another new tune I kinda like...

Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

I saw their new CD at Best Buy yesterday, and I almost picked it up. I hesitated because the front cover of the case had a new group pic, but the back of it was blank, no song-listing whatsoever.
                      I wasn't going to buy it if all it was just re-interpretations of the old Tate shit.

Now that I know there are new tunes on it, I'll have to go back there and get it. Seeing as how I'm going to see them in a few days, It's probably a good idea anyhow.

Comment

• fraroc
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2012

Tater Tot is once again being a douche.

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc

Not only is Rudy a great bassist, he also has the power to magically switch basses LOL

But in all seriousness, this guy is the Anton Fig of the bass guitar. Ozzy, Quiet Riot, Vandenberg, Whitesnake, Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force, Dio, Blue Oyster Cult, Animetal USA, and now Queensryche.....Such an amazing resume'. You really should read his book Off The Rails, it's a pretty good read.
                          Even more amazing is the number of albums he's credited for playing on, where he wasn't even in the band until after the album was finished. Hell, he did it three times in one band (Quiet Riot).

How many studio albums has Rudy actually played on, I wonder?
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• fraroc
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Satan
                            Even more amazing is the number of albums he's credited for playing on, where he wasn't even in the band until after the album was finished. Hell, he did it three times in one band (Quiet Riot).

How many studio albums has Rudy aa ctually played on, I wonder?
                            Not that many actually. He definitely played bass on 3 Quiet Riot albums. Metal Health, Condition Critical, and Guilty Pleasures. He also played on Whitesnake's Slip Of The Tongue album (one of their best albums btw) but for the most part, Rudy is known for being a very good live bassist and that's what makes him so attractive to these heavy metal groups.

Comment

Working...