A Nugent interview even jhale would like...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yount
    Commando
    • Jan 2012

I read about Henry Rollins going to see "The Nuge" can't remember where exactly, but the story goes, Van Halen apparently came on stage like they owned the place. They were opening act. Dave had ALL eyes on him, some were chanting bad shit at them, other half of the crowd were going crazy for them. Then when Teddy came on the crowd kept chanting for Van Halen. So Ted approached the mic stand and yelled "Fuck Van Halen!"
    Something like, from that moment on, the rest of the gig was shit. Ted had kicked his own arse. Van Halen were king.

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

From VHND.com

I forget what year it was but I made my annual trip to the arena to see Ted Nugent. It was the best show you saw that year, every year. His band was lethal, and Nugent had amazing tone with that hollow body Gibson. What a show, what songs, what a man. On the third voyage to the Nuge there was a great change. There was an opening band that actually stayed in the memory. Usually the opener was a blur but this time it was a band called Van Halen. I remember they hit the stage and went into “Runnin’ With The Devil” after Diamond Dave made his drum riser leap. He acted like his band was the headliner and there was no other band on that night.

I remember very well when Eddie performed “Eruption” and the whole place was in disbelief. At the end of it, he looked down at his hands and shook his head like he didn’t know what came over him. It was amazing. The set was a monster.

" I remember very well when Eddie performed “Eruption” and the whole place was in disbelief."

Nugent came on a while later and a few songs in, people were chanting “Van-Ha-Len!” over and over and waving newly bought VH t-shirts until the Nuge came to the front of the stage and yelled, “Fuck Van Halen!!!” He then retreated to his cabinets and played the rest of the show looking down at his wedge monitors. Move over Ted!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Longer version of the story here, with better sound quality....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Yount
            Nugent came on a while later and a few songs in, people were chanting “Van-Ha-Len!” over and over and waving newly bought VH t-shirts until the Nuge came to the front of the stage and yelled, “Fuck Van Halen!!!” He then retreated to his cabinets and played the rest of the show looking down at his wedge monitors. Move over Ted!
            I've said it before but the thing about Nugent and Gene Simmons for that matter is that these guys don't have the big excuse most people particularly rock musicians have of being drunk, stoned, high, buzzed whatever.

If you are a dick when you are sober that means you are fundamentally and in essence a dick.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              I've said it before but the thing about Nugent and Gene Simmons for that matter is that these guys don't have the big excuse most people particularly rock musicians have of being drunk, stoned, high, buzzed whatever.

If you are a dick when you are sober that means you are fundamentally and in essence a dick.
              Gene was a school teacher in spanish Harlem. He said he quit teaching because he was too narcisistic to be a school teacher. Ted is just plain nuts. Both are entertainers and have done pretty well for themselves. Let's face it, could you picture either of them doing something normal for a living. They would be so fired. It's rock and roll Shesh. It's a business the loose and unscrewed roll down into. Hell. David Lee Roth is a nut job as well. If you want sanity, hey go to the philharmonic symphony.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• motherchicken
                • Nov 2009

I could understand Ted getting pissed about the crowd chanting for the opening act while he was starting his set. I'm sure the "fuck Van Halen" wasn't personal. He could have said fuck you to the crowd and walked off. I saw Rainbow do just that at Alpine Valley. UFO was the second of three bands that evening. Duke Jupiter opened. Nobody knew who they were. They had one song that got radio play but I can't remember what it was. UFO kicked ass. It was early 82. I think they were touring to promote a live or greatest hits album. They played a couple encores then left. The crowd was still yelling UFO when Rainbow came on. They started playing Stone Cold and the crowd kept yeling for UFO. After a few minutes Blackmore threw his guitar on the ground and walked off the stage. The rest of the band followed. The crowd yelled even louder for UFO. Duke Jupiter came back out and tried to play but everybody kept yelling UFO. They turned all the lights on and we all left. Even in the parking lot crowds kept yelling for UFO. I wonder if the tour continued with Rainbow headlining after that.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                  Nugent's reputation has prevented me from ever really listening to his music.I have always heard he is a crazy gun nut which does nothing for me so I have always assumed his music will do nothing for me.Is he actually any good?
                  I had the advantage of being turned onto Ted when he was the Motor City Madman of the 70's. I had no idea what his politics was. Back when all those Fender amps were blowing. I think he might have been the loudest act I have seen.

Comment

• Frodo
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Apr 2004

yes, it has nothing to do with him fucking an underage girl........ no you wouldn't no anything about that would you???????????or would you???????
                    besides his music was generic.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Frodo
                      yes, it has nothing to do with him fucking an underage girl........ no you wouldn't no anything about that would you???????????or would you???????
                      All these guy's back then were fucking young girls ! You know why ? They got away with it. They were called groupies. It just so happens that it is more public knowledge with the bigger acts of the 70's because they were in more magazines & books have been written about it. Do I agree with it ? No. But they all did it.

Comment

• motherchicken
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                        All these guy's back then were fucking young girls ! You know why ? They got away with it. They were called groupies. It just so happens that it is more public knowledge with the bigger acts of the 70's because they were in more magazines & books have been written about it. Do I agree with it ? No. But they all did it.
                        I'm sure a few of them abstained from fucking underage girls but there were plenty that did. If a chick is at least 16 she should know what she's doing if she decides to give up the poontang. 18 year old dudes getting busted for doing their 16 or 17 year old girlfriends should not be treated the same as a 40 year old man fucking a 13 year old. But it happens. I believe Ted was accused or admitted to messing around with a12 or 13 year old. If that's the case he should have been treated just like Roman Polanski. Except for the allowing him to flee the country part.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                          Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Frodo

In all actuality some rockstars in thier 20s banging 16 year old girls with fake id's hot pants and high whore hair back in the 70's isn't that bad..( I have always preferred older women, they have something to talk about other than whattever 16 year olds talk about) This age difference isn't that much. When they are filing in and out like barn animals you may not have time to know she is daddys girl..lol.

Fucking young girls is the lie,..... he probably had to beat these little horndogs off with a bat.

The problem is many dislike the Nuge because of his politics and the way he looks now. Back in the mid 70's he was a stud and many women came from miles around to mate with the king, "man idol".. just like in the monkey tv documentaries the best stallion gets the mares and women are fucking animals, literally.

His music was anything but generic it was fenominal and still holds up unlike, 80% of the rest of the music layed down, then and now.

I am sure most of this is nothing more than monday morning 1/4'backing. By people who dislike him in todays light.

So, in the kindest way possible shaaaadapppp.
                          Last edited by clarathecarrot; 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM.
                          2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                          clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• motherchicken
                            • Nov 2009

I don't dislike Ted for his politics or the way he looks now. I dislike him because I agree with much of what he stands for but he runs his mouth too much and gives liberals ammo to say all conservatives are buffoons like him. And the story about him avoiding induction by acting insane with a load of shit in his pants and now trying to portray himself as a guy who would go to some other country and kill everyone single handedly make him look like a bullshit artist.
                            And as far as his music goes his first album showed he had talent but by the time he had a couple albums out he couldn't focus on anything but pussy. Too bad. That first album was a classic.
                            Last edited by motherchicken; 10-27-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

I have no issue with anyone who runs from war.

Those boots he was to fill will get filled .

You can call him what you will I personally would never judge a man on wether or not he ran like hell from war.

If you call him a pussy you probably have never been there.
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                                In all actuality some rockstars in thier 20s banging 16 year old girls with fake id's hot pants and high whore hair back in the 70's isn't that bad..( I have always preferred older women, they have something to talk about other than whattever 16 year olds talk about) This age difference isn't that much. When they are filing in and out like barn animals you may not have time to know she is daddys girl..lol.

Fucking young girls is the lie,..... he probably had to beat these little horndogs off with a bat.

The problem is many dislike the Nuge because of his politics and the way he looks now. Back in the mid 70's he was a stud and many women came from miles around to mate with the king, "man idol".. just like in the monkey tv documentaries the best stallion gets the mares and women are fucking animals, literally.

His music was anything but generic it was fenominal and still holds up unlike, 80% of the rest of the music layed down, then and now.

I am sure most of this is nothing more than monday morning 1/4'backing. By people who dislike him in todays light.

So, in the kindest way possible shaaaadapppp.
                                Oh if you don't want to give your political opposition a target you would have to live the lifestyle of a monk. Why do you think wild parties are thrown around centers of power? It's to get people baited into compromising positions so they can be blackmailed.

We all know Ted is a maniac but then of course that's why he's in the rock and roll business. If you have a problem with drugs or underage girls then why in the hell are you hanging around in a David Lee Roth website? One of the interview questions Big Ed Anderson was asked by David Lee Roth himself was do you have a problem with underage sex?

Dave indulged, Ted in indulged. We all probably would have. It's breaking the law and doing carnal stuff and celebrating it and writing songs about it. Who the fuck cares. It's a Plaster Caster, Sweet Connie, snort the world up your nose and set it on fire world. It's expendable and it's dangerous. Rock and Roll is all about being in the moment and celebrating the expendable. It's not about building a something important that lasts for a thousand years. It's creative trash. It's creative filth. Remember a war is an excuse to do anything and rock and roll is more about war than peace. Peace is boring.

So please. Share the filth and don't be a prude and don't be a wimp.
                                Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-27-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...