2014 Rock Hall nominees (inductees announced)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
    Okay...fuck 'em. Lets see that nutswinger Eddie Trunk defend this one.

Gene Simmons won't let Ace Frehley and Peter Criss perform if KISS makes the Rock Hall

Gene Simmons' tongue got him in trouble ... again. Well, maybe not trouble, but at least the news.

The bassist for KISS told radio.com that if the band finally makes into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, former bandmates Peter Frehley and Peter Criss won't be allowed to perform. He did concede that they had the right to attend the ceremony, but they wouldn't be welcomed on the stage.

“No! How many chances in life to do you get? Both of those guys had three chances to be in the band. Three times they [expletive] it up. They were every bit as important as we were at the formation of the band.

“When you have a cancer in your system, its best to cut it out as fast as you can. It used to be part of your body, it turned into cancer. You gotta cut it out. I believe that both Ace and Peter are happier now. They belong home, and doing autograph shows in clubs. They’re happier.”

Simmons is no stranger to outrageous statements. They're a staple on his reality show, "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels,'' and he's been doing it since KISS, co-founded with Paul Stanley (and still member) first took the stage.

Emails to the Rock Hall for comment were not immediately returned.

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/in..._river_default
    I've been calling for them to be inducted forever, but Gene has to stop being a dick. The guy seems to have forgotten what rock n' roll is all about. Why does he give a shit about Ace and Peter drinking and doing drugs, especially now? You don't want to perform with them at the ceremony if inducted? Fine. But why not allow them to be onstage? They have as much right to be there as Gene and Paul. And please, Gene, don't you DARE get up on that stage with the scabs accepting a trophy, and not allow Ace and Peter. What are you going to do Gene? Get up there with only Paul? Then make a speech about how you want to thank Ace and Peter for their contributions, while they sit at home? You know why you're still selling out arenas? Because KISS was starting to slide into early 80s-type apathy, and you reuinited with Ace and Peter and did some tours that revived you. The albums certainly aren't selling anymore, but you can sell the fuck out of an arena, even with the scabs. That's because of those two guys!
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
      The albums certainly aren't selling anymore, but you can sell the fuck out of an arena, even with the scabs. That's because of those two guys!
      Well, they're making subtle changes in their touring nowadays...

For example, look at this video from last night at Budokan in Tokyo....

Budokan isn't big to begin with, I've been there several times back in the day. Only seats about 10,000 for concerts to begin with, but look at how close they moved the stage... There can't be more than 7 or 8 thousand there....

Not that that's chump change, Chickenshit would love that crowd....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Krispy wasting her time writing out her shitty opinions on music as if anyone gives a shit what she thinks.

Have a Draino cocktail and shut the fuck up.
        Back so soon after your last hissy fit, cry baby?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Satan
          Everything you say here is a valid statement. But I'm reasonably certain that what has kept Yes and Kiss out of the running for as long as they have been (Deep Purple as well) is the high turnover rate within the bands. It's easier for the Hall of Fame to induct a band if they know who they're talking about when they mention the band's name, and can avoid the headache of having dozens of people on stage who can't fucking stand to be in the same room with each other.

Even bands with fewer personnel changes - like Van Halen, Ac/Dc, and Black Sabbath - were inducted several years later than first eligible, and even then, results were a mixed bag - Brian Johnson and (regrettably) Sammy Hagar made the cut, Ronnie James Dio did not (a crime, in this Devil's opinion).

So as I said, send invitations to the original members of KISS, the Machine Head lineup of Deep Purple, and the "Union" lineup of Yes, and call it good.
          I can't wait until Queensryche is inducted...

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            I can't wait until Queensryche is inducted...
            ugh...

But that brings up another argument: how many bands of a certain sub-genre are worthy of induction? Now that Nirvana is likely to get in, what other Seattle/grunge bands make the cut? Pearl Jam, probably. Soundgarden? AIC? Or do they induct Nirvana as the representative of the "alternative" label? Sure, the other bands sold well and were popular, but were they influential enough?
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

AIC and STP need to be in there. Their first two albums = 4 masterpieces, in my opinion. They both took rock guitar to a new level and really no one else has since then. So I guess who have they really inspired that's worth a shit? All kinds of unknown people without record deals I guess. And Godsmack, whoopty doo there.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                AIC and STP need to be in there.
                Um, no they don't.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Back so soon after your last hissy fit, cry baby?
                  Please, show us the hissy fit, cunt. Just make shit up, you stoned, know-nothing about music, boring asswipe.
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I would say you're throwing one right now.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Shhhhhhhh.....

Yes, BOTH do........
                      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Hardly, bitch. Find a fucking clue....or even better stop surfing while wacked out of your head on weed all the time.

Even better- kill yourself and stop wasting our time.
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

And there's another one.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Ahhhh shaddup, ya bore.

Here's a tip- disagreeing with you isn't throwing a fit. Get a clue.
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And the class of 2014...

Nirvana
                              KISS
                              Hall and Oates
                              Peter Gabriel
                              Linda Ronstadt
                              Cat Stevens

Ahmet Ertegun Award winners – nonperformer inductees – are the Beatles’ late manager, Brian Epstein, and the Rolling Stones’ first manager, Andrew Loog Oldham

The E-Street Band, the group behind Hall of Famer Bruce Springsteen, was designated to receive the Rock Hall’s Award for Musical Excellence
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Ahhhh shaddup, ya bore.

Here's a tip- disagreeing with you isn't throwing a fit. Get a clue.
                                Telling someone to kill themselves is.
                                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...