2014 Rock Hall nominees (inductees announced)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Angel
    Telling someone to kill themselves is.
    No it is not. It is simply a good idea in her case.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Good for KISS to finally get in! Now let the Gene circus begin with whether Ace and Peter get to go.

The end list of inductees didn't quite reflect the fan votes. Seems to me Deep Purple was in the top five. Linda Ronstadt I can't agree with. Even in her prime she wasn't that huge an act. She kinda drifted away from rock pretty quickly too. The rest of the list I can say all have valid claims to the Hall.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
        Good for KISS to finally get in! Now let the Gene circus begin with whether Ace and Peter get to go.

Apparently, it's supposed to be up to the RRHOF what "version" gets inducted, and therefore who gets invited...

But then you think about the VH clusterfuck, so who the fuck knows what'll happen....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The end list of inductees didn't quite reflect the fan votes. Seems to me Deep Purple was in the top five. Linda Ronstadt I can't agree with. Even in her prime she wasn't that huge an act. She kinda drifted away from rock pretty quickly too. The rest of the list I can say all have valid claims to the Hall.
          The winner of the fan vote counted for one out of the 700 ballots counted.

The Rock Hall’s fan poll counted as one ballot among the 700 or so industry professionals, including journalists and current inductees, who made the final determination.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            The winner of the fan vote counted for one out of the 700 ballots counted.
            Well that seems totally fair....
            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Apparently, it's supposed to be up to the RRHOF what "version" gets inducted, and therefore who gets invited...

But then you think about the VH clusterfuck, so who the fuck knows what'll happen....
              Wonder if Eric Carr will be inducted?
              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Carr died so he wouldn't have to witness this train wreck...

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Wonder if Eric Carr will be inducted?
                  I think it will be Simmons, Stanley, Frehley, Criss, Kulick, Carr, and maybe Singer. Vincent (see above posts) seems like too much of a pain in the ass to deal with. Thayer...for what?

One of the guys on Sirius asked on the air "does Tommy Thayer get inducted?" and I had to laugh. Where does the influential Kiss era end? When they took the makeup off? Revenge?
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

It's even going to include future members...

Comment

• mug
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2005

Nirvana blows! All the rest deserve it. Kiss my 1st show ever. Feb.3 1977.

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Hall & Oates, Cat Stevens, and Linda Ronstadt made it in at the same time?

They should change the name to "1970s AM Radio Hall of Fame"
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Satan
                          Hall & Oates, Cat Stevens, and Linda Ronstadt made it in at the same time?

They should change the name to "1970s AM Radio Hall of Fame"
                          Hahaha. Nice.

Surprise...surprise..Nirvana makes it in on their first try and Deep Purple still haven't been invited to the party. It really isn't a surprise since Nirvana is just the type of band the HOF just loves to induct. They have probably been rubbing themselves for months just thinking about it. Regarding Kiss, i think they induct the original 4 members and that is it. IMO i think from the first record through Destroyer is what they look at. Ace and Peter will get invited...Gene and Paul can't do anything about that. Now whether they play together...that is totally up to Gene and Paul. They don't have to play with Ace and Peter if they don't want to. (of course the fans will want this and Kiss is always concerned about what the fans want aren't they?) They will have to stand together at the podium when the acceptance speech is done...all that show up that is. That, my friends, is going to be the can't miss moment of the program.
                          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Like I have said before, Deep Purple slit their own throats by becoming a revolving door joke of bit players standing in for the actual band. KISS is certainly guilty of this as well.

Nirvana made it in their first year of eligibility because everybody knows who the three guys were in the band, and if Chad Channing (who played drums on their first album, Bleach) is inducted, it isn't going to bother anybody.

But who exactly "is" Deep Purple (insert Bill Clinton joke here)?

I suspect the parties involved (Gillan/Blackmore/the RRHOF committee/whomever) couldn't agree on the answer to that question. and it's not like the "Hall" has been consistent in this policy (Spam gets in for VH, but Dio doesn't for Sabbath, etc.)

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Satan
                              Like I have said before, Deep Purple slit their own throats by becoming a revolving door joke of bit players standing in for the actual band. KISS is certainly guilty of this as well.

Nirvana made it in their first year of eligibility because everybody knows who the three guys were in the band, and if Chad Channing (who played drums on their first album, Bleach) is inducted, it isn't going to bother anybody.

But who exactly "is" Deep Purple (insert Bill Clinton joke here)?

I suspect the parties involved (Gillan/Blackmore/the RRHOF committee/whomever) couldn't agree on the answer to that question. and it's not like the "Hall" has been consistent in this policy (Spam gets in for VH, but Dio doesn't for Sabbath, etc.)
                              Sorry, i only know 2 of the 3 guys in Nirvana and cannot name the other. Personally i would say the Deep Purple mach II lineup would be the one to go in and be done with it. No need to look beyond In Rock and Machine Head and they should get in on that alone.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                                Sorry, i only know 2 of the 3 guys in Nirvana and cannot name the other. Personally i would say the Deep Purple mach II lineup would be the one to go in and be done with it. No need to look beyond In Rock and Machine Head and they should get in on that alone.
                                I agree with you 666% on that. But I doubt either Gillan or Blackmore would. Their egos are no doubt playing a part in this.

Comment

Working...