X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I think a lot of psychiatry is bullshit especially the therapists listening to people whine all day. Extreme inbalances can be helped though and people at least stablised and I would rather it was done using drugs than by a cult using simple mind control/hypnosis tricks and taking all their money off them.

Cheers!

Exactly.

Not only by mind control crap but by just even giving vitamins and protein shakes!!

That Lisa MacPherson became so delirious that he began throwing herself across the room, hurting herself and all the Scientologists did was give her vitamins and protein shakes!!! Unfuckingbelievable.

The sad thing is that Scientology was the impetus of MacPherson for going loopy in the first place. Liike every good Scientologist, she was giving "thousands" of dollars to the Church and when her publishing business went down, she started to lose it --- mostly because the 'Church' kept asking for more money and she didn't have any.

And when she went a bit crazy, they took her to the Scientology headquarters and were against any form of pyschiatric assistance or drugs, when she really did need them.

She was even kept there against her will --- she wanted to leave Scientology and leave them entirely.

When she became more sick, finally the idiots decided to take her to a hospital --- but get this ---- they drove 45 minutes to a hospital where she could be treated by some "Scientologist Doctor"!! Instead of just going to the nearest county hospital.

Before then it was too late.

Fucking assholes.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• BenJammin
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

I think a lot of psychiatry is bullshit especially the therapists listening to people whine all day. Extreme inbalances can be helped though and people at least stablised and I would rather it was done using drugs than by a cult using simple mind control/hypnosis tricks and taking all their money off them.

Cheers!

I think psychiatry is good medicine in theory.

In actual practice, most of those head doctors just want to throw the latest SRI and some xanax at you and send you home.

Unless you are forking over major bucks for continuous therapy with them, they aren't going to seriously try and get to the bottom of your problems.

For the majority of people, it's probably better just to have some good friends that will listen to you blow off steam.

BTW, Tom Cruise is another victim of ego inflating wealth and fame (ie. he's an idiot but people close to him will only tell him he's a genius). As someone else alluded to, he needs to stick to entertaining us with his acting skills and keep the discussion of serious subjects at his backyard barbeques.

Personally I subscribe to the science of 'Shroomology'... I like to take a sabbatical every couple of years. It realigns my belief system!
      Last edited by BenJammin; 07-06-2005, 04:41 PM.
      "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• Mr. G
        Roadie
        • Jun 2004

HardRock says he has proof. I am just looking for ONE scientific study that proves the chemical imbalance. Just ONE study, blood test, lab test ect... In all the years Psychiatry has been around and all the billions spent you would think HardRock or Vinnie Velvet would have proof scince they are adamant about it. They are going to have a hard time since recently neurologists and Psychiatrists have come out saying that it has been a scam. I am asking to be proven wrong. Go ahead.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. G
          HardRock says he has proof. I am just looking for ONE scientific study that proves the chemical imbalance. Just ONE study, blood test, lab test ect... In all the years Psychiatry has been around and all the billions spent you would think HardRock or Vinnie Velvet would have proof scince they are adamant about it. They are going to have a hard time since recently neurologists and Psychiatrists have come out saying that it has been a scam. I am asking to be proven wrong. Go ahead.
          I'm not gonna argue over the merits of Psychiatry.

But, don't you see that people have died because they were not given the proper care and under PROPER medical attention???

Do you honestly think your Scientology can cure people of emotional distress, depression and so on????

What kinds of therapy does Scientology prescribe to?? Vitamins???

Gimmie a break.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. G
            Vinnie Velvelt and HardRock69 I have answered many of your questions and you have not answered not one of mine.

1. Ok perhaps you have answered some of "VinnieVelvelt's" questions, but I have never asked you any questions, therefore your claim that you have answered my question is a FALSEHOOD (otherwise known as a LIE).

HardRock finally just went away for a while went I pushed him for an answer and now he is back. Good. Lets do this one at a time. He said he had proof of the workability of Psychiatry but that it is irrelevant. How is having proof irrelevant?

2. I never said I have proof of the "workability of psychiatry". You have made up ANOTHER LIE. It seems you have been paying close attention to L. Ron Hoover's teachings, as you are demonstrating a fairly weak proficiency in the art of the "smear campaign".

Come on guys if you are going to ask questions you are going to have to answer some. Your reply will be one of three: 1.You either know it's bs and are afraid to admit it. 2. You actually don't know but don't really care. 3. You will tell me to go screw myself because I am asking pointed questions and you have no answer.

3. Even though I have not asked you any questions (though I am asking myself why I am bothering with your foolishness as I type this), I will lower myself extremely to get down to your level, and will speak plainly and simply so a person of your inferior intellect MIGHT be able to comprehend on the level of some dim Cro-Magnon awareness:

Psychiatry may help some people (as with Scientology), but that is primarily due to an advanced form of the Placebo Effect.

The above sentence is my answer.

Now, in the last paragraph of one of your recent posts you claimed once again that I would answer in one of 3 ways.

So if we take that as 3 individual claims, it can be readily seen that you have been proven wrong 3 times in one paragraph, as I did not answer as you claimed I would.

You obviously have severe difficulty in comprehension, and your communication is seriously offline.
            You would be better off seeking therapy from a half-wit chimp than the Xenu-worshippers you place your misguided faith in.

I am way beyond any of your petty OT levels and do not usually concern myself with such trivial affairs. This is why I did not bother to further reply until now.
            Your puny attempts to slander members of the David Lee Roth Army are only serving to make yourself look ever more like a spiritually-weak imbecile.

May you have no Larg, and may your chairs break when you sit on them, shoving great splinters of wood up your bungholio.
            Last edited by Hardrock69; 07-06-2005, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

And one other thing....having proof is very relevant.

There is proof that L. Ron Hoover viewed himself as being mentally unsound.

There is proof that he was a liar, a thief, and a con artist, and was viewed as such by many thousands of people over the past 50 years.

That is all VERY relevant.

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

Mr.G i shouldnt pile on like this but you may have a chemical
                imbalance rite now. You keep arguing a issue YOU dont really
                seem to care about either way "Why am I in the middle, why cant
                YOU make up MY mind FOR ME" Thats what HOCUS POCUS
                does to YA.Thats what SKEEENTOLOGEE is.

Comment

• Mr. G
                  Roadie
                  • Jun 2004

Anyone tired of this thread yet? throughout this long thread I have answered many questions but asked only one: a scientific study that proves the chemical imbalance theory. Obviously nobody can come up with it. And thome, I was asking to be proven wrong, I guess you didn't understand that, fair enough.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We've just proved your whole belief system is wrong is that not enough for the moment...?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

And as far as chemical imbalances affecting mental behaviour, any man that has ever lived with a woman knows that as a fact from having to put up with their PMS once a month.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

We've just proved your whole belief system is wrong is that not enough for the moment...?
                        But it's not a belief system, it's a system of "doing." That 'doing' which is reaching into your wallet and sending it to the hierarchy.:p

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Funny how some peeps "need proof" that there is such a thing as a chemical imbalance.

Claiming that there is NO scientific evidence that there is such a thing, and that there is NO scientific evidence to prove that psychiatry and/or drugs can treat such a problem.

Yet at the same time there is NO scientific evidence to prove that Dianetics works. Well, there is just as much evidence that Santa Clause is real, anyway...

Interesting also how some people when confronted with proof of Scientology's illegal and unethical activities they ignore such proof, as if ignoring it will make it all go away...as if it never happened....

Yes I am tired of this thread.

Owning someone who has no defense is, shall we say, boring.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

True.

If his mind has been that weak for so long then it's unlikely that we're going to make him see what is directly in front of him.

It's amazing these cults can still find gulliable people now that the internet is there to expose their cons to the victims.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              Funny how some peeps "need proof" that there is such a thing as a chemical imbalance.

Claiming that there is NO scientific evidence that there is such a thing, and that there is NO scientific evidence to prove that psychiatry and/or drugs can treat such a problem.

Yet at the same time there is NO scientific evidence to prove that Dianetics works. Well, there is just as much evidence that Santa Clause is real, anyway...

Interesting also how some people when confronted with proof of Scientology's illegal and unethical activities they ignore such proof, as if ignoring it will make it all go away...as if it never happened....

Yes I am tired of this thread.

Owning someone who has no defense is, shall we say, boring.
                              Exactly.

This Mr. G wouldn't even comment on the Lisa MacPherson story.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

True.

If his mind has been that weak for so long then it's unlikely that we're going to make him see what is directly in front of him.

It's amazing these cults can still find gulliable people now that the internet is there to expose their cons to the victims.
                                I'm surprised that this Scientology shit has been around this long.

Well, I guess it will when it keeps on getting thousands of dollars from celebrities like Cruise.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...