Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Say what you want about Virginia, but alot of brilliant minds were wasted yesterday by an individual that apparently had an extreme dislike for his classmates, teachers,etc..
    I myself do not own a gun and never will. I do not like being in the presence of a gun.
    But I dont think guns kill people. I can lay a loaded gun down on a table in room full of people and that gun is not going to kill anyone.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Did anyone hear or see the services held today, led by the President ??

What's up whtn the Muslim minister (or whatever he is) leading the service and having people pray to Allah ??

Did they get on their knees ??

"People who have never met you are praying for you," Bush said. "They're praying for your friends who have fallen and who are injured. There's a power in these prayers, a real power. In times like this, we can find comfort in the grace and guidance of a loving God."
      President Bush April 17, 2007

Comment

• VanHalener
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Saw some of it Elvis, but not enough to answer your question about the knees. I did, however, catch some of the reports of bravery by students and teachers. One man, a lecturer at VT and a holocaust survivor, placed his body between the gunman and his kids in an attempt to save their lives. WHAT A GREAT MAN!!!!!!!
        A true hero! Other heroes are coming into the light.

God bless them all and their families.
        ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Yeah, I heard about him too...A real hero...

So, my Army buds, friends and family, let me ask...

How does this event affect you ??

Or, does it bother you at all ??

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

OOPS!

Double post...

Comment

• Ally_Kat
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

What's up whtn the Muslim minister (or whatever he is) leading the service and having people pray to Allah ??
              Yahweh, God, and Allah are all names for the same diety. I've been in many Christian settings where God was called Allah. I believe it is Aramaic for Father.

Jews, Christians, and Muslims can essentially pray together with little issue as long as Jesus and/or Muhammad aren't mentioned or referenced.
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Not to mention the magical flying pink teapot

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vanhalener
                  Saw some of it Elvis, but not enough to answer your question about the knees. I did, however, catch some of the reports of bravery by students and teachers. One man, a lecturer at VT and a holocaust survivor, placed his body between the gunman and his kids in an attempt to save their lives. WHAT A GREAT MAN!!!!!!!
                  A true hero! Other heroes are coming into the light.

God bless them all and their families.
                  Sounds like the usual media bullshit spin to me.

I'm not cricising basic human instinct here but lets face it if even 2 or 3 students had been 'heroes' then the casualty figure would have been 1 or 2 rather than 30+.

It's just one guy with a couple of handguns...

Usual media crap where victims become heroes to make everyone feel better about the world.
                  Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-17-2007, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                    Say what you want about Virginia, but alot of brilliant minds were wasted yesterday by an individual that apparently had an extreme dislike for his classmates, teachers,etc..
                    I myself do not own a gun and never will. I do not like being in the presence of a gun.
                    But I dont think guns kill people. I can lay a loaded gun down on a table in room full of people and that gun is not going to kill anyone.
                    Yup it's time to give every country in the world nukes and see what happens. WMD's don't kill people, people kill people...

The proof that having no gun control is a bad thing is the US. It's that simple.

More people are killed in the US each year accidentally than defending themselves. The US has 20 or 30 times the gun death rates of any other civilised country.

It's a mental block you people have.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Panamark
                      Australia 1996

Google Martin Bryant. Killed 35, and wounded another 37 in one
                      outing. Totally indescriminate, Men, Women, Children, Infants...

Our Prime Minister effectively banned guns the following
                      day. We havent had a mass shooting since.
                      Same here wiith Dunblane. We just banned all handguns for everyone.

Of course it might happen again in the UK or Australia but it's much much less likely.

America is nuts and that's up to them but the hand wringing and crying in their media is a bit hard to take. You make your choices.

If you think it makes you in some way more free having effectively no gun control then you get thousands of people killed each year with guns. Stop weeping about it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                        True, but this time it was a 24-year-old from Shanghai here on a student visa.
                        Actually from South Korea and had lived in the US since he was 8 years old for what it's worth.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Viking
                          Interesting little tidbit from the Chicago Sun-Times.....

Authorities were investigating whether the gunman who killed 32 people on the Virginia Tech campus in the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history was a Chinese man who arrived in the United States last year on a student visa.

The 24-year-old man arrived in San Francisco on United Airlines on Aug. 7 on a visa issued in Shanghai, the source said. Investigators have not linked him to any terrorist groups, the source said.

Police believe three bomb threats on the campus last week may have been attempts by the man to test the campus’ security response, the source said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/...041607.article
                          I wonder if they will print an apology...

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            We just banned all handguns for everyone.
                            Except for the criminals.

America is nuts and that's up to them but the hand wringing and crying in their media is a bit hard to take. You make your choices.

If you believe anyone other than the killer chose to have 32 innocent people wasted, go fuck yourself and then die slowly in a fiery car crash asshole.

If you think it makes you in some way more free having effectively no gun control then you get thousands of people killed each year with guns. Stop weeping about it.
                            Drunk driving takes the lives of many more people than guns. Should we ban alcohol? Tried it, it didn't work. How about we ban automobiles? Horses aren't nearly as dangerous.

While we're at it, let's ban kitchen knives. Lord only knows how many people have been killed by those. Don't forget baseball bats, bicycle chains, rocks, and basically any blunt object that could smash someones head in.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

It's a mental block you people have.
                              Kind of like you UK fellas with proper dental work, huh?

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Just pisses me off that one suicidal douchebag after another decides to shoot a bunch of innocent people first before offing themselves.

Am hoping these fuckers, rapists and pedophiles have a special section of hell waiting for them.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...