X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Actually from South Korea and had lived in the US since he was 8 years old for what it's worth.
    Yes, I know. At the time of the original post, it was reported heavily as a 24-year-old Shanghai male with a student visa. Hence this updating post when I came back and saw no one else had updated the shooter profile.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Didn't VT have a "gun ban"?

How ironic of them to be slaughtered like that...
      Last edited by Coyote; 04-18-2007, 12:39 AM.
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Yep Virginia banned guns from it's universities including those with conceiled carry permits.

I have a conceiled carry permit and I have also taught self-deffense classes. If you have a firearm for protection you must be willing to kill someone. No warning shots or using the weapon to intimidate. You must be willing to kill.

Most people aren't and this is the problem. With the increase of terrorism there has been some really neat breakthroughs on non-lethal weapons. CO2 machine guns that fire pellets full of burning chemicals or hot pepper powder. The police have had wonderful luck with this system and it was used in Salt Lake City to dispense a riot.

They also have shotgun loads that are non lethal and put people down with plenty of pain.

Even lethal weapons lack shocking power. People have been hit with 9mm rounds and have managed to kill the person who shot them and lived.

What's needed is shocking takedown power and it can be done non-lethaly.

What option this opens up is more people can carry such weapons to take out terrorists but the asshole at VT was a terrorist in my book.

People are more willing to use non-lethal weapons and if they will put down a dangerouse foe, then why not get them out in the hands of people because law enforcement can't be everywhere. Why not have a civilian deffense force trained to use some of these new none lethal weapons?

A nutcase can aways find a weapon. They can make pipe bombs and hell, lets make a flame thrower that can cook a whole classroom. It can be done. Nothing shocks me anymore. We live in a world full of lots of guns and a black market willing to sell them just like drugs.

We live in a day and age where law enforcement can't do it all. We need a civilian deffense force and we live in an age of new weapons that can take bad guys down hard without killing them. They just make them hurt like burning hell. Then we can have Abu Graib fun with the bastards.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
          Yahweh, God, and Allah are all names for the same diety. I've been in many Christian settings where God was called Allah. I believe it is Aramaic for Father.

Jews, Christians, and Muslims can essentially pray together with little issue as long as Jesus and/or Muhammad aren't mentioned or referenced.

LMAO!

A Christian CANNOT pray without referencing or mentioning Jesus Christ, PERIOD !!!

And Yahweh is not Allah...

Comment

• VanHalener
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            If you have a firearm for protection you must be willing to kill someone. No warning shots or using the weapon to intimidate.
            Carrying a weapon for the purpose of self defense and for the defense of others means that the barer of arms is willing to kill in lawful self defense. It in NO WAY requires me to pull the trigger, let alone take a life when I am forced to defend myself or others with a firearm. My reactions are not entirely predetermined, as I hope yours are not. Preparedness and proficieny go hand in hand with self defense, along with an understanding of the law of the land.
            The circumstances which force a person to defend one's life will dictate if someone dies, or is saved by the defusing power of the sight of a weapon ready to fire. It's all circumstantial. I am not going to kill a person who just pulled a knife on me, but I will pull my gun on that person, give warning if there is time, then fire on that person if he continues in his efforts to stab me. Fuck him, he tried to kill me with a knife. I will meet deadly force with deadly force and take a life if it saves my life or that of another innocent person from a violent criminal act.

There are no absolutes. Just be ready.

We should never have to worry about being ready for such things in our schools. God Bless Virginia Tech and her families.
            Last edited by VanHalener; 04-18-2007, 02:42 AM.
            ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• frets5150
              Commando
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by vanhalener
              Carrying a weapon for the purpose of self defense and for the defense of others means that the barer of arms is willing to kill in lawful self defense. It in NO WAY requires me to pull the trigger, let alone take a life when I am forced to defend myself or others with a firearm. My reactions are not entirely predetermined, as I hope yours are not. Preparedness and proficieny go hand in hand with self defense, along with an understanding of the law of the land.
              The circumstances which force a person to defend one's life will dictate if someone dies, or is saved by the defusing power of the sight of a weapon ready to fire. It's all circumstantial. I am not going to kill a person who just pulled a knife on me, but I will pull my gun on that person, give warning if there is time, then fire on that person if he continues in his efforts to stab me. Fuck him, he tried to kill me with a knife. I will meet deadly force with deadly force and take a life if it saves my life or that of another innocent person from a violent criminal act.

There are no absolutes. Just be ready.
              We should never have to worry about being ready for such things in our schools. God Bless Virginia Tech and her families.

Sorry if you pull it out you better use it no warning shots.He lunged at you and you pulled the trigger plain and simple.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

He's comming right for ya !!!

Hmmm...

Comment

• scamper
                  Commando
                  • May 2005

Yup it's time to give every country in the world nukes and see what happens. WMD's don't kill people, people kill people...

The proof that having no gun control is a bad thing is the US. It's that simple.

More people are killed in the US each year accidentally than defending themselves. The US has 20 or 30 times the gun death rates of any other civilised country.

It's a mental block you people have.
                  Yeah, we should be more like you. NOT

Comment

• scamper
                    Commando
                    • May 2005

Sesh, does have a point about our media whores. I can't believe how quick they got to VT and started grabbing students to interview, it's sickening.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Yep Virginia banned guns from it's universities including those with conceiled carry permits.

I was talking to a guy from Virginia last year who said he was at a gun fair where they were selling a vehicle mounted M60.

Comment

• VanHalener
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by scamper
                        I can't believe how quick they got to VT and started grabbing students to interview, it's sickening.
                        The part I cannot stand is when the media is out of facts and the specualtion circus begins. They start asking the most ridiculous questions and fill "Gaps" in airtime with BS.
                        ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Ellyllions
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2006

Shesh, we do have gun control laws. But we also have laws against illegal drugs, and illegal trade practices. Actually we have more laws on the books than any other country in the world.

And how does that work for our judicial system?
                          "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            LMAO!

A Christian CANNOT pray without referencing or mentioning Jesus Christ, PERIOD !!!

Elvis, if Allah is not Yahweh, then who was Jesus praying to? Because He called God "Alaha", which over time with language changes turned into the present Arabic word for God "Allah". If you don't believe me, pick up a Bible that is translated into Arabic and tell me what name that use to refer to God.

Yahweh = Elohim = Jehovah = God = Deus = Dios = Alaha = Allah = whatever other language reference to God one can mention.

Don't let hatred blind you, Elvis. Judaism and Islam both view Jesus as a great rabbi/prophet of God. Christians go as far as saying that Jesus was the incarnation of God on Earth. Judaism and Islam go, "no, he's not, you silly gooses." Islam goes ahead then and says that Muhammad is the last prophet of God (prophet in the same vein as Abraham, Moses, etc). Judaism and Christianity goe, "no, he's not, you silly gooses." Fights break out, one side hates the other two, the other side tries to discredit the other, all sides hate each other. We're all apart of one huge dysfunctional religious family. It would be like you trying to say that Lutherans and Evangelicals each pray to different God.

And I pray without mentioning Jesus all the time. The majority of Christians believe in the trinity. If God = Jesus = Holy Spirit, why do I need to pray to God AND Jesus? It's a little redundant, and treating them as two different dieties is not within the monotheistic confines that Christianity is in. I accept that God came down in the form of Jesus and that thru the work that was done with His time here and because of such, I have a better opportunity to know Him. And I believe that God will come back thru Jesus, as Jesus has become the designated form of God that humans interact(ed) with. What happens on that other side, I don't know. No one knows. We all can only claim what we believe/have an idea about.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

While we're at it, let's ban kitchen knives. Lord only knows how many people have been killed by those. Don't forget baseball bats, bicycle chains, rocks, and basically any blunt object that could smash someones head in.
                              Right......

If this crazy assed shithead had a knife or a baseball bat, he might have pulled off the first kill, the chick in the dormitory. Probably not the RA and definitely not 30 fucking people in the classrooms.

Single murders are always possible with other weapons. Mass killings are NOT, because you have to get up close and personal with any other weapon.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                LMAO!

"Allah" is merely the Arabic name for God. There are Arabic speaking Christians all over the Middle East who pray to the Father by that name.

Just as Abraham is called Ibrahim by many Muslims, "Allah" is a variation on the original Hebrew name "Elohim", which is the name used in the original Hebrew text of Genesis 1:1

You can make the weak argument that Muslims are praying to some "false" God, just as those who hate Mormons claim they pray to a "false" God and a "false" Christ. But as far as I know, there's only one Creator.

And I believe He's more concerned with how you live your life and treat others than He is with whether you call him God, Yahweh, Elohim, Allah, Jehova, Wakan Tanka, or Big Bearded Dude Who Lives In The Sky.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...