Clear All
  • blonddgirl777
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by chan_bkny
    ACK! What is wrong with me today?...
    Nothing is wrong with you, Chan...
    Those mistakes happen.
    I usually type in "Words" and carry my French/English dictionnary but when posting here, I really don't take the time for that.

Tell me; Is English your first, second or only language?
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
    Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
    Originally posted by VanHalener
    ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
    Originally posted by FORD
    ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

... Can you imagine debating in a language of which you are not a native speaker?
      I can (imagine) and I do.
      Not only do I debate but I teach as well. One class is in both French and English simultaneously. I get double paid for that, because it is not easy to swich constantly and make sure that both groups of students get the exact same information...
      But it's all fun!
      Last edited by blonddgirl777; 02-19-2009, 11:57 AM.
      ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
      ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
        I can (imagine) and I do.
        Not only do I debate but I teach as well. One class is in both French and English simultaneously. I get double paid for that, because it is not easy to swich constantly and make sure that both groups of students get the exact same information...
        But it's all fun!
        That must be tough. I teach in one language, and that's hard work!
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• blonddgirl777
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by binnie
          That must be tough. I teach in one language, and that's hard work!
          It's not that tough...
          The problem is that each group tries to get the most of my time and I have to cut them off sometimes.

The fact that they don't take advantage of that class to learn the other language shows me how lazy they can be... They are late teens and I have to treat them like kids!

I seriously wonder how they will get (or keep) a job out there?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

And another thread circles the drain.....

Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• blonddgirl777
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

How do I sound?
              Sound?
              I can't hear you...

Your English reads pretty good though.

Surprising how fast you answered my question for being logged off!

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Sorry...
                Don't be sorry...
                Threads very often do that; They go from one thing to another, get into some personal fights, come back on track (or not) and then... die.
                That's the way it goes!

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

If you heard the way I sound, you'd probably be thrown off. Someone told me that I should take a class to eradicate my hardcore Brooklyn accent.
                  So what accent did that "someone" have?
                  Everybody has an accent; Southern, West Coast, New-York, Canadian, French-Canadian, English, French, Asian and so many others...

Since a lot of people on this planet speak English, who gets to decide wich accent has to change for THEIR's?
                  Last edited by blonddgirl777; 02-19-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

If you heard the way I sound, you'd probably be thrown off. Someone told me that I should take a class to eradicate my hardcore Brooklyn accent.
                    Nah, accents are part of who we are. No part of you should be 'eradicated'.
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                      Nah, accents are part of who we are. No part of you should be 'eradicated'.
                      Only closed minded people complain about accents... Usually the ones that can't see passed their own village!

And it's all about where you are. Back in Cali., people told me I had a great accent and to never lose it. Back in TO, they said I had an African-American accent (go figure?). Here, most French-Canadians say that I have no accent at all...

I like most accents, unless they are too deep that I can't understand a word of what one sais!
                      Last edited by blonddgirl777; 02-19-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If you want to break it down by geography, how about Pacific-Asians, South East Asians, etc?

Let me as a questions of all of you here. What are non-Asians called? Occidentals?

Is Oriental an offensive term then in the US?

It's funny there are definitely differences across the pond.

For example colored is a bad one in the UK I think because it was used in South Africa and seemed synonymous with apartheid but still seems to be ok in the US? Similarly I think oriental is ok at the moment in the UK eg you might find it on a government form. Not sure how it could be offensive. Oriental means Eastern I don't see people being upset about being called Western. Up until the last few years here chinese food was routinely called a 'Chinky' but you hardly ever hear that now. Some people must have made the decision. It was a phrase that I never heard in malice and wasn't derogatory so shouldn't be offensive but what would I know? If the chinese found it offensive then it was offensive. I'm just not sure it wasn't well meaning Caucasians that stepped in instead.

Cheers!

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Is Oriental an offensive term then in the US?

It's funny there are definitely differences across the pond.

For example colored is a bad one in the UK I think because it was used in South Africa and seemed synonymous with apartheid but still seems to be ok in the US? Similarly I think oriental is ok at the moment in the UK eg you might find it on a government form. Not sure how it could be offensive. Oriental means Eastern I don't see people being upset about being called Western. Up until the last few years here chinese food was routinely called a 'Chinky' but you hardly ever hear that now. Some people must have made the decision. It was a phrase that I never heard in malice and wasn't derogatory so shouldn't be offensive but what would I know? If the chinese found it offensive then it was offensive. I'm just not sure it wasn't well meaning Caucasians that stepped in instead.

Cheers!

Back in 1993, I said the word Oriental in a class in Oakland, Ca. and I got the looks. Then, a Korean friend explained to me that Orient is to be used for all of the countries and Asian is to be used for the race of people. Here, you can't say Chinese (eaven if the person is from China). You have to say; "A person from the Republic of China".

It's the P.C. way to go.

You can't say; A black person, you have to say; A person of the black race.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                            Here, you can't say Chinese (eaven if the person is from China). You have to say; "A person from the Republic of China".

It's the P.C. way to go.

You can't say; A black person, you have to say; A person of the black race.
                            WHAT???? Damn, you Quebecers take things far, don't you???

The rest of Canada - we still say Chinese and Black.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                              WHAT???? Damn, you Quebecers take things far, don't you???

The rest of Canada - we still say Chinese and Black.
                              Ignore her.

We all do.

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                For example colored is a bad one in the UK I think because it was used in South Africa and seemed synonymous with apartheid but still seems to be ok in the US?
                                Not really. There was a CNN anchor who got a lot of heat a couple weeks ago for using the words "colored people" in a sentence, even though in context, it wasn't intended as derogatory, because he was discussing the NAACP at the time.

Perhaps its time for that organization to update their name, but as a (mostly) white man, it certainly isn't my place to tell them so.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...