Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blaze
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Not meaning to Necro post, however, I thought some might want to pass this on to other places.
    Elvis seems to be real busy in LA ...

I didn't sign it because I think that creationism should be taught in schools. Not necessarily the creationism from the Bible, but the possibility of higher being that "introduced us" should be part of the theoretics. When addressing creationism all theories are as valid as others at this point, and many do fit within the scientific structure as is known today.

Now as for the not teaching climate change that is ... well Elvis has a lot of free time on his hands now that he is not educating us here. Besides, I want climate change so I can see my favored mountain ridge in the Pensacola Mountains.
    I can now see the valid reason of why certain posters should not be banned.

================================================== ========

Dear,

There's no such thing as evolution. There's no such thing as climate change. And that's the law.

Outrageous as it sounds, this is the situation that thousands of science teachers find themselves in as more and more states pass radical laws promoting the teaching of creationism and climate-change denial in public classrooms.

But in Louisiana, one high school senior is fighting back.

Zack Kopplin is just 17 years old, but he knows what's right: He wants his science teachers to teach him science, not religion. Zack is spearheading a campaign to repeal the Louisiana law that pushes science teachers to deny evolution and climate change.

Zack wrote a letter to the Louisiana state legislature, and 42 Nobel Prize winners have signed it, too. Now, he's asking you to join his fight on Change.org.

Zack's campaign is working: On April 15th, Louisiana State Senator Karen Carter Peterson introduced a bill to repeal the repeal the recent legislation, but Zack still needs help to keep the pressure up.

Please sign the petition today to tell the Louisiana legislature to let science teachers teach science:

Thanks for taking action,

- Patrick and the Change.org team
    Last edited by Blaze; 05-10-2011, 09:06 AM.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Creationism has NO PLACE IN A SCIENCE CLASS. End of discussion.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

It just baffles me, it really does.

There may very well be Truth in the Bible, but that Truth is not literal - most people who consider themselves Christian would surely admit that (at least in my experience.)

Teaching evolution and other scientific theory does not have to be an assault on faith - I have no idea why fundamentalists believe it to be so.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jacksmar
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Not to throw so many too far but:

How old are you and why?
          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by jacksmar

How old are you and why?
            That does not even make sense.
            "Not to throw" what "too far"?

What you are trying to say is that a man and a woman "created" another.
            No, they did not... well maybe in essence, but what occurs with a self-replicating species is 2 "compounds" of like substance take a part of each and combines that for the replication.

That is not the same as starting with base elements injected into an environmental compound that alters the environmental toward a certain known or predicted goal for whatever reasons.

In my opinion, we have not even established exactly what are life forms. It is arrogant to think what we consider life to be the only kind or what we consider intelligence to be the only kind.

Quite honestly we could simply be a part of the food chain of predator black holes. We as humans simply cannot see time in a "godly" fashion at this point.

If or if not certain one's, for whatever reason, retain a knowledge or a spirit essence after the removal of the kinetic force , is not reliant to, if or if not, a being Superior to us by chance or purpose inject us into this environment. Not to mention to what extent was the environment manufactured and what are those building blocks. Moreover, even if we are given this knowledge, we may not be able to place such to use. In addition we may never have the ability to conduct time in a fashion where such things could be put to use instead of merely existential.
            Last edited by Blaze; 05-10-2011, 01:11 PM.
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

How old are you and why?
              Anyone over the age of 4 that thinks creationism is "science" and therefore should be taught in SCIENCE CLASS probably still has a single digit IQ - like you. Hope that fact doesn't "throw you too far".
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

If the bible is true the immoral majority are completely fucked and meek will inherit the earth after everyone else kills each other off or are consumed in the big ass fire Jesus cleanses the earth with. Maybe this is the global warming everyone is worried about.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  It just baffles me, it really does.

There may very well be Truth in the Bible, but that Truth is not literal - most people who consider themselves Christian would surely admit that (at least in my experience.)

Teaching evolution and other scientific theory does not have to be an assault on faith - I have no idea why fundamentalists believe it to be so.
                  They both are theories. Look at how much science changes over the years. We know less about this world than we know and only a fool would say they know it all. There is a lot of corruption in science as well. Scientists can be bought off like anyone else to further someone's agenda.

I think the safe place to be is to look at everything and not just pigeon hole yourself in one spot because the church, family, school, employer, or society said it's the way it is. More people need to think for themselves. I mean open up a science journal from 60 years ago and have a good laugh. Some of it will still be right on the money and a good share of it will be what in the hell were they thinking?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

The historical parts of the Bible ARE true. A lot of the people mentioned did exist. Not saying all of them, as there are a lot of parables (fables used to illustrate a point) in it.

Though the Four Gospels of the New Testament are the creation of anonymous authors, and at least 2 of them are simply derivatives of one of them.

There is much that should not be taken literally. The LOR-DUH! did not create the Universe, the Earth, Humans and all living things in 7 days and 7 nights. Anyone who truly believes that is a fucking retard.

Jebus did not magically come back to life after he died (whether on the cross or later). He is now a pile of bones somewhere in the Middle East.

Comment

• jacksmar
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Blaze,
                      All your points are valid.

How old are you and how it measured? What's the universal baseline? Is it accurate?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

One problem with anything that is written is it can be interpreted wrong. What does 7 days and 7 nights really mean? That's a measurement of time and time is relative to where you are. So is that seven days in God's time or seven days in earthly time and what rate was the earth rotating then? A day could be really fucking long compared to now. See you can come up with an explanation for anything or interpret how you want. The bible is the basic ingredients and people have cooked up all sorts of stuff from those basic ingredients. The bottom line really is what does if mean to you and what do you get from it? See this is where I hate everyone having to conform to one thing or another. I hate that shit. It always ends up empowering a few people at the top. I say believe what you want and don't push it on others. What turns the world to shit is people trying to force everyone into their way of reality instead of letting people just have their own experiences.

Comment

• jacksmar
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Hardrock you are correct. My question is was Jesus born 33 years prior to his death?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

You have these people that know everything there is to know about what would fill a thimble and are totally clueless on everything else. Then you have more generally informed people. We seem to fall into the trap just because someone is an expert in one small area well they are smart enough to know more about everything. The reality is everyone has their little piece of the universe and is probably right on some things. Then you have the control freaks who tend to migrate to finance, religion and politics (which if you look at all three they actually tend to be the same thing. People control technology) because of their mindset and they just can't stand people being empowered and thinking for themselves so they set up matrixes to contain the population in.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Hardrock you are correct. My question is was Jesus born 33 years prior to his death?
                              Not if he lived past 33 AD. And there is just as much evidence that he survived the crucifixion or had a stand-in as there is evidence that he actually died that day.

And as for the creationism thang, the Pope recently stated that there is NO conflict between Religion and Science, as Science is the study of the physical Universe, which was created by God.

But then I have gone on and on and on about this rubbish. I shutteth mine piehole about it now.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                                Anyone over the age of 4 that thinks creationism is "science" and therefore should be taught in SCIENCE CLASS probably still has a single digit IQ - like you. Hope that fact doesn't "throw you too far".
                                Originally posted by Hardrock69

There is much that should not be taken literally. The LOR-DUH! did not create the Universe, the Earth, Humans and all living things in 7 days and 7 nights. Anyone who truly believes that is a fucking retard.

Jebus did not magically come back to life after he died (whether on the cross or later). He is now a pile of bones somewhere in the Middle East.

IMO, "God" is merely a concept, neither proven nor dispelled.....
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...