• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Land Of Confusion puts Jump to shame...
    But that tune wasn't being played on the top 40 station I was referring to, the dreary "Against All Odds" was (for some reason, I thought "Separate Lives" was from that time as well, but it was a while later), along with other cringe-worthy dreck like "I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder and those simultaneously wimpy/creepy ballads by Chicago or Lionel Richie.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Even though it is from sammy,I love it when people slam Ed,He deserves it.What i would really love to see is someone going off about alex,that guy is the most arrogant prick
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Land Of Confusion puts Jump to shame...
        That's a Genesis song there, guy.

Ed's solo in Jump trumps any pop tune from the era...
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Fair Warning's HAD to sell more than 2 mill. That's an old figure.
          It's one of the top 5 guitar albums of all time.

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
            What i would really love to see is someone going off about alex,that guy is the most arrogant prick
            I could go off on a full-fledged rant about what a shitbag of a human being I think Alex is, but it's a bandwidth issue.

It starts with the speculation of why the band broke up in the first place.....

then it goes on to Ray Daniels, and the part Alex played in that......

.....then it goes on to a point that fans of the band should really stop to think about.
            What kind of a human being would let their little brother get himself in such a fucked-up condition?
            Nevermind the fact that he's your meal ticket, but he's your goddamned brother!!!

As much as people burn on Ed for his horrendous people skills, Al should be ashamed of himself for allowing his own sibling hit the skids so fucking hard.

No wonder Ed puts his arm around a different singer every other week and call him his "burrrrtherr". The fact that his own "burrrtherr" is a nutless neckbrace motherfucker could possibly have something to do with that.

[RANT]

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
              I could go off on a full-fledged rant about what a shitbag of a human being I think Alex is, but it's a bandwidth issue...
              The fact that the dork now goes around as an ordained minister only proves that the last thing a scoundrel clings to isn't patriotism, it's religion.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                That's just it......where are the current sale figures?

If the RIAA doesn't have current sales figures, who does?
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                  It's also one of the most underrated in terms of production. Why Dave & Co. never made a record that sounded close to Fair Warning is beyond me. 1984 has its moments but never measured up.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Bottom line is this....

One singer is out there making money by selling a book that exploits how fucked up Ed was.

Another singer cared enough about Ed to pick him up off the ground and got his shit back together.

....so I don't think anyone needs to wonder who THE REAL LEAD SINGER OF VAN HALEN is!
                    Not anymore!

ROTH'N'ROLL MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

End of story.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

I could care less about how many top 40's the second generation of VH had over the original. It was never about hit songs-it was, for those of us lucky enough, about literally witnessing rock history as it happend every time VH released an album. The same can NOT be said of anything Hagar was ever associated with in his lifetime.

What's funny is that Sam said he hadn't seen Ed in 10 years, Ed looked like hell and was in a bad place during that time period, and his fat ass went on tour with VH anyway.
                      Verrrry shady.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

Every time Dave gave an interview there was a sound byte.

When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                          Bottom line is this....

One singer is out there making money by selling a book that exploits how fucked up Ed was.

Another singer cared enough about Ed to pick him up off the ground and got his shit back together.

....so I don't think anyone needs to wonder who THE REAL LEAD SINGER OF VAN HALEN is!
                          Not anymore!

ROTH'N'ROLL MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

End of story.
                          And not one complaint about having to interupt the tour so Ed could have another moment.
                          Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-13-2011, 04:23 PM. Reason: This board is so bad right now it is almost unusable.
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I'll admit I saw VH in 2004. This is something I am not proud of.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

Did you get your money back? Because that wasn't VH.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

No. It was a ... mistake. Eddie did have his flashes of brilliance if memory serves. But to hear the "Red Rocker" butcher (and I mean butcher) 'Jump' is emotionally traumatizing. I cannot ever listen to that song again..EVER! I'm serious.

Comment

Working...