Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

yeah, was a bit rrreeoouw there, kristy.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

BTW! Check out the dictionary for these definitions:

LOSING!

WINNING!

Comment

• ace diamond
        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS

LOSING!

WINNING!

this is the single greatest post ever made on this site!
        if i ever see you in the bar, i'll buy you the adult beverage of your choice!
        :bottle:
        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Sammy Hagar on Eddie Van Halen in New Memoir: 'What a Fruitcake'

He tells Rolling Stone, 'If they do make a record, it better be f-ing good'

By Andy Greene
          MARCH 3, 2011 5:00 PM ET

The new issue of Rolling Stone - on stands and in the digital archives now - has an exclusive excerpt from Sammy Hagar's new book Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock. In the book Hagar reveals what a mess Eddie Van Halen was when he first met with the guitarist to discuss a reunion tour in 2004. "He finally invited me over to this giant, extravagant house that he and Valerie had built before she split," Hagar writes. "It looked like vampires lived there. There were bottles and cans all over the floor. The handle was broken off the refrigerator door. There were spider webs everywhere."

Eddie also told Hagar how he cured his tongue cancer. "He told me he cured himself by having pieces of his tongue liquified and injected into his body," Hagar wrote. "He also told me when he had his hip replacement, he stayed awake through the operation and helped the doctors drill a hole. What a fruitcake."

Photo Gallery: Van Halen Through The Years

Earlier this week we posted the first part of our interview with Hagar – he talked about why he wrote the book and his belief that he'd one day front Van Halen again.

Here's part two, where he speaks out some more about Eddie Van Halen and the future of the band.

The last new Van Halen record came out 13 years ago.
          It seems crazy when you say that. I've been out of the band longer than that and the record we made was '92 or '93.

I was talking about the Gary Cherone album in 1998.
          Oh. [Laughs]. I didn't know that counted [Laughs hysterically].

Eddie keeps saying that he's recording a new album with David Lee Roth. Do you think that's ever coming out?
          I hope so, but I don’t have a lot of faith in those guys’ work ethic. It just seems like they’ve had every opportunity in the world to make a record. They’ve had two singers, and three singers if you want to count Gary. Gary’s a good singer, there’s nothing wrong with him as a singer, he’s a good guy.

They’ve had Dave or me these past few years. If they wanted to be reasonable either one of us would have done a record with that band. I love that band. Eddie’s got his own studio, his brother lives about two miles away, plays drums, Eddie plays guitar, bass, keyboards... Why wouldn’t they make a record in all that time? Something’s really wrong. So to think that that’s fixed now all of a sudden... I have a hard time believing that.

Photo Gallery: Van Halen Reunion Rehearsals

Eddie always claims to have a lot of riffs. I don't know whether they have any actual songs.
          That’s what Dave’s job is. That’s what my job was. Eddie was always telling me that Wolfie had all these great song ideas, which I believed. For God’s sake, he’s a kid! He’s fresh as a daisy, man. Bring him in. Let him write all the material and you just kind of produce it and arrange it. But there's some quirk that I don’t quite understand, and I kind of brought it up in the book. I don’t really understand quite where these guys are coming from sometimes. There’s just some quirky problem. They are so dysfunctional over there, and the organization is Ed now. You know? [Laughs] I don’t think there’s much to come.

I will make one statement that you will love: If they do make a record, it better be fucking good. We’ve waited a long time and it better be fucking good, man. Do not make a mediocre record, folks. Because if you do, not only am I gonna be on your ass, but everybody else is too, because it’s been a long time, you’ve had time to put together something great.

Eddie and Dave both seem pretty eccentric these days, but in very different ways. Can you imagine them working together on an album?
          Nah, I can’t. They took a long time to get it back together. They aborted about 20 reunions, as we all know. But the last one, I was betting against that too. I thought, ‘Oh this will never happen.’ After I went out and did some shows with Dave and said, ‘Wow, now I understand why these guys can’t get back together.’ You know, they’re both quirky.

They did the reunion, they finally got that done so maybe they’ll finally get a record out. It would be great – the fans deserve some new Van Halen music. And as great a musician as Ed is, he really needs to be more prolific because we need more great music out there. There’s a lot of bad music out there. We need guys like Eddie Van Halen.

Sammy Hagar: "I Would Love to Make Another Record With Van Halen"
          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
            "He also told me when he had his hip replacement, he stayed awake through the operation and helped the doctors drill a hole. What a fruitcake."
            LMAO!
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

...and his belief that he'd one day front Van Halen again.
              Sammy Hagar: "I Would Love to Make Another Record With Van Halen"

FAT FUCKING CHANCE YOU FUCKING RONALD MCDONALD WANNABE!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BITEYOASS

LOSING!

Comment

• ace diamond
                  Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

"It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
                    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

this is the single greatest post ever made on this site!
                        if i ever see you in the bar, i'll buy you the adult beverage of your choice!
                        :bottle:
                        I don't know if I'll be able to get in the bar. Because I'm an F-18 bro!

BTW, that's a real pic of me in an F-18 with a bad-ass paint scheme. No BS!

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

From a Cleveland sports fansite I frequent:

"I don't know what Red Rocker thought he was doing, but is sure as fuck wasn't Van Halen.

Sammy : Rog Moore :: Dave : S Connery

Every single classic VH song featured Dave. Every. Single. One.

Van Hager was just another bloated boring corporate rock band. Van Halen was the back drop of a wasted teen aged youth too dumb to know punk existed. Bondo Cutlesses & Chevvies, Mikey's wide mouths, a little weed, and chicks that dressed like Fast Times at Ridgemont, and crusing LS Blvd from 185th to Eastlake.

That's Van Halen.

Shitty MTV videos and Eddie's thumb in his mouth = van hagar"

Classic, and this guy is a primarily a hip-hop fan.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

What a meathead. You know Sammy, it's bad enough when women wear capri pants but to see you in them gives new meaning to the term fashion disaster. Did you get those at Eddie Bauer or Goodwill? Your gut, rat-faced goatee and stingy unwashed hair also leave a lot to the imagination of a so-called "rock star." You look more like an out-of-shape homeless serial killer who sucks on Vegas Cabo-Wabo burger grease from dumpster bins. As for your interview, I couldn't be bothered. 25 seconds in and I was about to put my fist through the monitor.

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                              What a meathead. You know Sammy, it's bad enough when women wear capri pants but to see you in them gives new meaning to the term fashion disaster. Did you get those at Eddie Bauer or Goodwill? Your gut, rat-faced goatee and stingy unwashed hair also leave a lot to the imagination of a so-called "rock star." You look more like an out-of-shape homeless serial killer who sucks on Vegas Cabo-Wabo burger grease from dumpster bins. As for your interview, I couldn't be bothered. 25 seconds in and I was about to put my fist through the monitor.
                              I may disagree with you often on topics of classic rock. But that was pretty amazing.
                              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• hambon4lif
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

He's actually wearing a fucking pair of red CROCS after he accuses Dave of "looking gay".....

Comment

Working...