• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
    hopefully Sam will be the voice of the audiobook, then we can chop it up into things like "i am a big fat fuck." there's a fucking contest to have!
    the audiobook is out.

unfortunately Hagarita is not the narrator.

there goes that great idea. thanks a lot, you big red turd.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

He maybe an asshole, but Sammy is very good at playing the media game - every couple of days, another interview emerges.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

for someone who claims not to care what they do, Hagar sure does talk an awful lot of shit about VH.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

He certainly uses the VH name a lot. However, I can't help thinking that he speaks about VH so much because interviewers ask him about it - with a guy so bitter, they're bound to get a soundbite....
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
            man...I guess we did run all the jokes to death about Hagar's anal experience with the aliens...
            "Some kind of Alien, heads for the opening."

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
              He certainly uses the VH name a lot. However, I can't help thinking that he speaks about VH so much because interviewers ask him about it - with a guy so bitter, they're bound to get a soundbite....
              he should take the high road and shut the fuck up...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                man...I guess we did run all the jokes to death about Hagar's anal experience with the aliens...
                Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                "Some kind of Alien, heads for the opening."
                "to my master I've become a slave"...

Yep. Sado-maso homo aliens, even.
                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  he should take the high road and shut the fuck up...
                  Anyone that brings out a video of people saying how great he is for giving 0.01% of his income to charity for tax reasons is not going to take the high road on anything.

He is a pathetic little man who won the lottery.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Dec 2008

This is what happens when you drink too much Cabo Wabo.

Another pile of BS from Sammy!!!
                    I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

This guy has a lifetime Roth Army membership anytime he wants it....

Classic Rock Corner
                      The Aliens Should Have Kept Sammy Hagar
                      By Craig Hlavaty, Tue., Mar. 22 2011 @ 10:50AM Comments (14)

​Judging by the headline, you already know where Rocks Off stands when it comes to Van Hagar versus a David Lee Roth-fronted Van Halen. We love to hate Sammy Hagar, almost to the point where we actually like him a little bit.
                      We can't even explain that feeling. It's like how when you were young and hitting puberty and you had that weird tinge in your pants when a pretty girl walked by, but replace the like with hate and you have an idea of what we mean.

So when we found out in the recent Rolling Stone interview and various blogs touting his new autobiography, Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock, and now that he claims he was visited and briefly abducted by aliens, we wished that they could have just kept him.

No matter what time in his life he was abducted, it would have infinitely better for the world, whether he was four, 24, 54, or today, or tomorrow. Plus, he's a ginger, and not the cool redheaded chick who scratches your face and sets your car on fire. He-Gingers are cruel and inhuman monsters.

But what's confusing is that back in the '80s he had blonde hair most of the time, like in the "I Can't Drive 55" video. We agree that when you drive that slow, you know it's hard to steer and that you can't get your car out of second gear. What used to take two hours now actually takes all day. Agreed, Sammy.

​If you know us personally, you will remember that we have an almost instinctual hate of Hagar. You can say his name out loud around us and before you get to the second syllable in his last name we will have already said "Fuck Sammy Hagar".
                      Even when we were young and first getting exposed to Van Halen through MTV and the radio, we knew it was wrong that someone else was singing for the band after David Lee Roth left, like how you are born knowing that murder and rape are wrong, that's how we felt about Hagar.

If only aliens would have kept him instead of throwing him back, we could have maybe had Ronnie James Dio or David Johanssen fronting Van Halen after Roth. Who knows what we would have happened with Hagar, but we sure as shit wouldn't have to have heard "Dreams" or Finish What Ya Started" ever.

Just watch YouTube videos of Halen with Roth and Halen with Hagar. At which party would you be more likely to get laid, drunk, coked-up and/or stoned? Not the Hagar one, where you would have to ask a girl what she was thinking while you massaged her feet after you gave her a pedicure.

Then we take a step back and realize that more than likely that Hagar is a nice guy offstage, which we assume is true by reading interviews. As long as he wasn't singing Van Halen songs on a stage in front of cognizant humans, we could probably kill a bottle of tequila with him, and tell boy stories.

And at 63 years old, he probably has some cool stories to tell, as long they aren't about being in and turning Van Halen into a tall, frosty glass of liquid human shit.

So in essence, him being taken by extraterrestrials would be for the good of mankind, almost making him a savior figure, disappearing from the planet a la Jesus Christ so we wouldn't have suffer the pains of "Why Can't This Be Love?" and "Love Walks In."

But we just listened to "Right Now" three or four times in a row, so now we are torn all over again. OK, where's that cat o' nine tails? We got some self-flagellation to do while we crank "Hot For Teacher."
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

'almost to the point where we actually like him a little bit.'

lost me there.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Aug 2010

Oi they missed out my question to spammy, the bastards.

"Spammy, Why are you such a COCK?"

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

And at 63 years old, he probably has some cool stories to tell, as long they aren't about being in and turning Van Halen into a tall, frosty glass of liquid human shit.
                              Amen.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Now THAT says it all.

Comment

Working...