• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme

is this the clip in question?

BTW, Hagar's stage presence is a fucking joke compared to Roth's.

Hell, even go watch the US Fest where Dave was fucking high and drunk as ever-looking fuck and he blows this garbage out of the water.
    Ed fucking nailed that solo though.... Beat the shit out of Page's version....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Ed fucking nailed that solo though.... Beat the shit out of Page's version....
      Let's not get carried away !! Fuck I have 50 Zep bootlegs where Jimmy plays it better than the one on the album. Page was better live than it's led on to belive. There is some bad stuff from 77 through 80 that suck's when he was fucked up but give me a break. I'm listening to a Dallas 75 show as I write this and Page is ripping it up !! That version is worse than the one on Live Without A Net That is fucking brutal !! Better than Page Fuck off !!
      Last edited by 78/84 guy; 03-30-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        Let's not get carried away !! Fuck I have 50 Zep bootlegs where Jimmy plays it better than the one on the album. Page was better live than it's led on to belive. There is some bad stuff from 77 through 80 that suck's when he was fucked up but give me a break. I'm listening to a Dallas 75 show as I write this and Page is ripping it up !!
        Now how did I know that was going to happen....

I meant compared to the studio version, sheesh....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's a great solo but it's kind of THE Eddie solo from that point on. If you see that solo you then don't really need to see too much else from him.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

Sure you did !!?? It's pathetic man, Ed couldn't play someone elses lick's to save his life !!!

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
              Page was better live than it's led on to believe.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

It's the nature of the board. You made the mistake of saying the sky was blue when you knew someone would come along and say it's orange.

But it's not orange. I have Zep boots where Pages playing is absolutely fucking horrendous.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Tell me that The Song Remains The Same ''LIVE'' from the soundtrack The Song Remains The Same is not better than the Album version and i'll let you blow me !!

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Here's a prelude to your question: ask me if I care and I'll let you blow Elvis.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                      It's the nature of the board. You made the mistake of saying the sky was blue when you knew someone would come along and say it's orange.

But it's not orange. I have Zep boots where Pages playing is absolutely fucking horrendous.
                      So do I. But he was great live up to 77 when he started doing to much blow. So really if you think it's true great but it's not !! All the 77 L.A. show 's are great. If you don't have the boot's to back up your talk shut the fuck up !! Fuck I have some 69 through 75 show's that are better than some band's legget releases.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Here's a prelude to your question: ask me if I care and I'll let you blow Elvis.
                        Sound's like you care. Or why would you say a fucking thing about something you know jack shit about ?? I don't care if you hate Page or not as a person, he was probably the second best guitar player in the world next to Hendrix. PERIOD !!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It's a great solo but it's kind of THE Eddie solo from that point on. If you see that solo you then don't really need to see too much else from him.
                          Enough said !! It's about time we had some fun around here !! It's been boring as fuck lately !!

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Oh. you mean Delbert Hendrix of 125th Street?

Got me there.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

Oh. you mean Delbert Hendrix of 125th Street?

Got me there.
                              So cute, But so bitter !! Don't be bitter. Your comebacks are alot better than this on a good day. I keep up on your ass !! Think Jimi would really be playing on the streets if he was still around ?? I wonder !! Hummmm.
                              Last edited by 78/84 guy; 03-30-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

This thread has no purpose.

I'm out.
                                Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-30-2011, 09:29 PM. Reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ&feature=related
                                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...