• Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Half a bottle?

This is the weekend!
    So far. The night is still young, my friend.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
      At one time ELVIS claimed to be dating a "hottie Black nurse" whom he worked with. Now your typical Klansman probably wouldn't be sexually attracted to a woman of a different "race", because they often consider them to be "subhuman". On the other hand, most of his complaints about Obama seem to center around his ethnicity as much as his policies, and of course in these two threads today, he centered on the race of two violent criminals, rather than on the crime they were filmed committing. So while the KKK would probably deny his application on grounds of "race mixing", he definitely seems to have racist tendencies at the least.
      There was a music promoter who used to get us a lot of gigs back in the day who had a son and a daughter about 16-17 years old.

He turned to me and said 'I'd love if my son brought home a hot black chick, some of those girls are amazing but if I ever caught my daughter with a black guy I'd bust her fucking mouth and his'.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

You really don't know a person until you spend some time with them face to face and see how they live their life as a whole. Internet posts are pretty limiting in that regard. You can surely say I don't like what you said in your post or I don't agree. For me, I just avoid making harsh character judgements on people based on limited information. I just don't call people a racist without having lots of proof they are one. I think we throw the term around too much nowadays. I used to have a job where we investigated people and let me tell you, what we came up in the field research differed so much from what we had on file. This is all making me want to spy on Elvis now.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

At one time ELVIS claimed to be dating a "hottie Black nurse" whom he worked with. Now your typical Klansman probably wouldn't be sexually attracted to a woman of a different "race", because they often consider them to be "subhuman". On the other hand, most of his complaints about Obama seem to center around his ethnicity as much as his policies, and of course in these two threads today, he centered on the race of two violent criminals, rather than on the crime they were filmed committing. So while the KKK would probably deny his application on grounds of "race mixing", he definitely seems to have racist tendencies at the least.
          We tend to slag people hard we don't agree with politically. Let's say Alan Keys was president. I think Elvis would love the guy. A very right wing religious black president. Ford would be puking hard but I think Elvis would be in heaven.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There was a music promoter who used to get us a lot of gigs back in the day who had a son and a daughter about 16-17 years old.

He turned to me and said 'I'd love if my son brought home a hot black chick, some of those girls are amazing but if I ever caught my daughter with a black guy I'd bust her fucking mouth and his'.
            Seems like a double standard, but it's also probably a general rule that most fathers view a teenage son having sex differently from a teenage daughter, aside from the ethnicity of their partners. Wonder what his reaction would have been if his son brought home a black guy?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              We tend to slag people hard we don't agree with politically. Let's say Alan Keys was president. I think Elvis would love the guy. A very right wing religious black president. Ford would be puking hard but I think Elvis would be in heaven.
              I had some level of respect for Alan Keyes when he stood up to the Repukes who tried to lock him out of their own party's convention, and when he actually jumped into Michael Moore's mosh pit on "The Awful Truth" when all the other candidates chickened out. But that whole carpetbagging failed Senate run of his, along with the way he treated his own daughter when she came out as a Lesbian, I lost any respect for him that I had. And after that he jumped on the birther bullshit, so no chance of redeeming himself there.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                So far. The night is still young, my friend.
                You can't handle the Truth. Why no comments so far on Drums and Pianos'? BubbleMath. Gentle Giant. Come on Big Dog. Howl like a wolf.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Seems like a double standard, but it's also probably a general rule that most fathers view a teenage son having sex differently from a teenage daughter, aside from the ethnicity of their partners. Wonder what his reaction would have been if his son brought home a black guy?
                  Trust me it would not have been fucking good.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

You really don't know a person until you spend some time with them face to face and see how they live their life as a whole. Internet posts are pretty limiting in that regard. You can surely say I don't like what you said in your post or I don't agree. For me, I just avoid making harsh character judgements on people based on limited information. I just don't call people a racist without having lots of proof they are one. I think we throw the term around too much nowadays. I used to have a job where we investigated people and let me tell you, what we came up in the field research differed so much from what we had on file. This is all making me want to spy on Elvis now.

Tonight...some Chica in India was saying the best way to tell how a person thinks is to leave them alone with an animal when they think no one is looking.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-22-2011, 11:06 PM. Reason: Milk.
                    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

A lot of the people that got upset about Obama getting into power were the white lower classes.

I wondered if maybe they hated the idea of a black person being president because up until that point they thought that no matter what background they were at least they could look down on black people.

A black president ruined that feeling of superiority and made them feel like that they were now at the bottom.

Just a thought...

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

A lot of the people that got upset about Obama getting into power were the white lower classes.

I wondered if maybe they hated the idea of a black person being president because up until that point they thought that no matter what background they were at least they could look down on black people.

A black president ruined that feeling of superiority and made them feel like that they were now at the bottom.

Just a thought...
                        There's probably a lot of truth to that. And somehow they think it's even worse that the black guy in question was NOT the descendant of slaves (though his wife and children certainly are) hence the whole ridiculous "birth certificate" horseshit.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Was there ever a campaign to check Arnie's birth certificate?

Apparently over 50% of Republicans now think that Obama wasn't born in the US.

Then again 1 in 5 Americans thinks the Sun goes around the Earth...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I live in the only Democratic county in Wyoming and a lot of people here are from California so it's hard to get a grasp on what the real opinion of Obama was. He had a lot of supporters here actually. From my observation everyone was tired of the typical stuffed suit politicians and Barrack Obama seemed to be somebody different. The media surely was on his side and they continue to be for the most part. He ran a good campaign. For me he seemed too good to be true and frankly, I found it sad the country was going to hell and there were such weak candidates running. What I would love to see is a basket of candidates so good you have a hard time picking which one because a couple of them are great. On these presidential elections it's like being at a dance and all the girls are ugly.

I really don't think too many people in the lower classes bother to vote actually. I don't think you really become politically active until you have some assets to protect. I always voted but pretty much didn't follow politics until I owned commercial real estate and then you start battling the city and country. Then you find it to your advantage to get to know people on the city council. I never went to a city council meeting before that. I think two kinds of people vote. Those who's lively hoods depend on the government and those who have assets to protect. I think how you make your living is a big factor on how you vote and before that influence you typically vote how you family votes. It's kind of like religion or who the favorite family sports team is in that sense.

I really don't think Obama being black was that big of an issue other than the historical aspect of him being the first black American president. I never really heard much mentioned about his color. You would hear a lot about him being a liberal or people saying he came from nowhere and made something out of himself. You would hear the comments about him being a communist or possibly not being a natural born citizen.

The reality on Barrack Obama is let's look at what he campaigned on and let's look at his actions in office and see how they match up and ask yourself did he honor his promises and if not why? That's really the important stuff to judge him on.
                            Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-23-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                              Tonight...some Chica in India was saying the best way to tell how a person thinks is to leave them alone with an animal when they think no one is looking.

I had a Mormon bishop who once told me you can't tell a person's character by how they behave in public, you can only tell a person's character on how they spend their private time. Of course he was right. Many Mormon bishop's cheat on their wives and run ponzi schemes in their private time. In public they seem great and in fact, they ask the members of their wards all those juicy personal questions to get the temple recommend card. Maybe growing up in that church full of control freaks and hypocrites was good training for the real world. But then ponzi schemes, adultry, and lying your ass off seem to be what makes the world go around these days.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Apparently over 50% of Republicans now think that Obama wasn't born in the US.

That doesn't really sound right man. I'm a Repub and have Repub friends & I watch FOX news. Bill O'Reilly even tried to put an end to all the birther crap the other night. John Stewart even applauded him for it. I could accept if you said maybe 10% of Repubs. Maybe. But not half. I just don't see it. I think maybe the numbers you are receiving might be from a source trying to make Repubs look bad.

Half?
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...