• Show
Clear All
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    I think this whole thread should be moved to a

threesome pm.

sorry its only a 2 person " snow love shack"...

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Man, you ain't gonna believe this...

This Saturday, my other band's gonna do the same thing that the Beatles did: We're gonna play on a fuckin' roof. And we ain't even that popular yet!
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Ally_Kat
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

sexy! take pictures!
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Carmine
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

and I would suggest NOT playing your first game of "BOTTOMS UP" before the show!!!!!

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I'm gonna have to get a roll o' film first...

But yeah, pictures will be taken. (I hope...)
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Now I know pics will be available later: Our drummer's girlfriend is comin' along for the ride. or

Comment

• Coyote
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Man... I'm starting to get worried 'bout this gig.

1) It's 130 Km away.
                2) We have to use two cars, and none of us have gas for either one.
                3) There's two bands before us
                4) It's in a shithole of a town
                5) It's on the rooftop of the local watering hole
                6) We can't cancel it, on account of the guy, who got us the gig, "losing his face".
                7) Our setlist is pretty much similar to the one at our last gig about two years ago. :eek:
                8) We weren't informed of this until last week.

Someone tell me that it's gonna be OK!

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

On second thought, someone just con me into thinkin' it'll be OK...

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

isn't it preferable to be later in the lineup?

And to a drummer's girlfriend

<~ is a drummer's girlfriend
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Ally I hope you're stocking up on beer!

Comment

• Coyote
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                        isn't it preferable to be later in the lineup?

And to a drummer's girlfriend

<~ is a drummer's girlfriend
                        Didn't know that... (But the woman I was referring to can be a bitch at times.)

Anyway, here's a quick low-down on how it went: Can you say "Hindenburg"?

The first sign was the remark "Hey you guys, the dude who does the sound ain't here, he had a gig to go to. But he'll be back at 12:30." We played at midnight. Do the math. (plus, the whole thing started an hour late.) So the guy who did the sounds was the "DJ", who apparently was deaf. Try to yell at him, he won't hear...

"Well, were there any people at all?" you might ask. Well, yes, but not for us. By the time we went on, people had gotten tired of live music a little, and apprently decided that they should concentrate on drinking.

We played two sets, roughly 20 songs. The bands before us played 6 or 7 songs each. (We were "the headline act". Whoop-de-do.)

Between sets, our second guitarist, Ilkka (a.k.a. Copperfield, 'cause he always makes his plectrums disappear), told me that I should sport a "fuck off" look when I play. (His idea of rock'n'roll is...umm... different. He's a bit more punk than rock, y'know.) Which came automatically, 'cause the P.A. was fucked up (two monitors, aimed at the singer. Our drummer couldn't hear shit, I couldn't hear shit, especially when Copperfield switched to a clean sound), there was only a few _drunken_ patrons jammin' in front of us tryin' to tell us how to play.

We made money out of it though, 200$, from which we spent 60$ on gas and food. And Copperfield's cousin (who got us the gig) is gonna take his cut from the cash. So that gives us 80-120$ to divide amongst us.

15$ (or so) for a gig located basically in the middle of nowhere is not good, IMO. But try tellin' THAT to Copperfield, though: He'll start whinin' n' weepin' about how we just couldn't back down from it, on account of his cousin losin' face or some shit like that.

The biggest mistake we made was that we got bored. Plus, we took pictures of the other bands, and forgot to ask someone to take pictures of US!

I swear, that's the last time that airhead's gonna book gigs for us. (Copperfield, that is...)

Had to vent a little, sorry folks...

Comment

• vhsinger22
                          Groupie
                          • Apr 2004

what kind of stuff do ya play?? any links? homepage? mp3's? i know thats a lot of questions(lol) but im in a band too! and musicians are always wanting to hear other bands. so give me some info bro.! here is my homepage www.eruptionmusic.com
                          look,i'll pay you for it...wtf?

Comment

• vhsinger22
                            Groupie
                            • Apr 2004

look,i'll pay you for it...wtf?

Comment

• Coyote
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vhsinger22
                              what kind of stuff do ya play?? any links? homepage? mp3's? i know thats a lot of questions(lol) but im in a band too! and musicians are always wanting to hear other bands. so give me some info bro.! here is my homepage www.eruptionmusic.com
                              Nice homepage ya got there, broham.

We play contemporary rock.(think Blink 182 with guitar solos and without the kiddy-humor, and you're close ) No links or homepage, sorry. None of us know how to HTML. Mp3's, umm... I posted them over at DDLR.com a year or two ago... Propably gone now... (But if ya want, I'll figure out how to post 'em here.)

Plus, we're (most likely) starting from a clean slate. Our drummer's bored of the original material, the singer's bored, and yours truly as well. One reason might be that "Copperfield", our main songwriter, is currently into punk-rock. Heavily. Whereas I, and maybe the aforementioned members would love to do something in the vein of Thin Lizzy & =VH=. (Well, mostly me... LOL.)

Last edited by Coyote; 08-06-2004, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Hummarstra
                                Commando
                                • Feb 2004

Goddam!! This thing is 22 fucking pages long!!!

Comment

Working...