X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by binnie
    The Name of The Rose is wonderful - in true Eco style it is a little wordy in places, but well worth savouring.....
    Loved foucalts pendulum ... A great read
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by envy_me
      It hasn't come out in swedish yet, I think it'll come out in september or october. I am SO buying it. If you enjoy that one maybe you'll enjoy The story of O
      Read it years ago. Disturbing ending. "O" makes "Grey" look like a children's book.
      Last edited by Sensible Shoes; 07-02-2012, 06:21 PM.

Oh dear.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

If you are going to buy Fifty Shades for your wife, remember to budget for the handcuffs

and blindfold she will eventually TELL you to purchase.
        WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

If you guys like the kind of litterature as Grey and O, do NOT let anybody fool you into buying something by marquis de Sade. It's waay to much, I wouldn't even call it erotic, it's just plain violence. Made me feel sick after couple of pages. It's NOT sexy.
          Last edited by envy_me; 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM.
          The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
            If you are going to buy Fifty Shades for your wife, remember to budget for the handcuffs

This all reminds me Of when me and the wife decided to spice up our sex life ... So I went in one night and said .. Honey Any chance we can do that rape fantasy I've always fancied .. She said ..fuck off , I replied that's the spirit

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by vandeleur
              This all reminds me Of when me and the wife decided to spice up our sex life ... So I went in one night and said .. Honey Any chance we can do that rape fantasy I've always fancied .. She said ..fuck off , I replied that's the spirit
              Lol... So, did she rape you
              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

'shark attack; greg norman's guide to aggressive golf'

lol

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

I read Name Of The Rose a LONG time ago. Kickass book, and I felt the casting in the movie (Sean Connery as the elder monk) was great.

I just finished the latest Carrie Fisher book "Shockoholic" tonight. Not a lengthy book. Fairly hilarious. Knocked it out in 3 hours.
                    Yesterday I finished "Howling At The Moon", an autobiography of CBS Records mogul Walter Yetnikoff
                    A few days ago I finished a bio of Charlie Parker written in the early 70s called "Bird Lives" that was a good read about the tragic life of a badass musician.
                    And just before that I finished "Shout Sister Shout!" a biography of the incredible gospel guitarist and singer Sister Rosetta Tharp.

2 hours ago I started reading "The Illustrated Bloodline Of The Holy Grail", one of many factual historical books that basically demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus had children, the bloodline survived to this day, the Catholic Church have lied to the human race for over 1700 years, and Christianity as a religion is based on a pack of lies. But that has been cussed and discussed in numerous other threads.

That is currently what I am reading.

Am going to start something else tomorrow. I usually read 3-4 books simultaneously. A little of one, then a bit of another, until I get done with them all. Sorta like watching bits and pieces of various shows on Tivo, back and forth, lol.
                    Last edited by Hardrock69; 07-03-2012, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Man I so couldn't do it that way , I gotta read 1 at a time , gotta get in to it and keep at it . If I put it down for a couple a days its usually a bad sign and I always struggle to get back into it .

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

Interesting thread!

I've just finished a novel by Nick Hornby, "How to be good", which was fun, but I was disappointed with the writing itself.

Just before, I had read Ian McEwan's "Solar", and that, on the contrary, was Writing!
                        It's about a Nobel Prize in Physics, his life throughout the 2000s as he tries to fulfill a project of solar panels, between a series
                        of conferences, an expedition in the North Pole...
                        He might be a short, fat aging man, but his love life is still animated. The problem is, his 5th wife wants to divorce, and her lover
                        is a young colleague of his.
                        I was completely absorbed in the plot of Michael Beard's chaotic life, loved that book! It's greatly built, and scattered with fine passages
                        full of humor. The only point I didn't like was the pretty long technical developments here and there.
                        I was divided between hate and sympathy for him.

I've ordered "An Atonement" by McEwan, but there's some shipping trouble, I'm not even sure to get it before going on vacation, so I've started
                        "The World according to Garp" by Irving.

This thread should become a classic.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

I read solar I'm holiday which was good and very interesting but I read it then read life by Keith Richards which is an absolute Stella read so solar kinda got forgotten about a bit lol

Comment

• Yount
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2012

Crazy From The Heat take #64

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

It's difficult enough to get her to do the housework without that...

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2010

I'm currently reading " Greg Allman - My Cross To Bear " . A very interesting and entertaining read .

I just read the chapter titled " October 29 . 1971 " which is the day his brother and legendary

guitarist Duane Allman died in a motorcycle accident in Macon , Georgia . I'll have the entire book

read by this weekend for sure . Cool stuff .

Comment

Working...