X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
    I have actually been to a Nickelback concert. Couple of years ago. A friend likes them and nobody else wanted to join her so I did it for her.

I don't remember anything from the show, that is how memorable it was.
    But have your ears stopped bleeding yet?
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Really? You don't do it over there?

Try a little mayo on your pizza (just before you eat it).

I have at least two friends who dip their fries in vanilla milkshake. What's up with that? I refuse to try it.
      It's starting to catch on, but ketchup is the American fry-drug of choice. Upscale, trending "gastropubs" are opening here featuring mostly Belgian type foods like duck frites, or french fries done in duck oil and served with a variety of specialty mayo-based dips...
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-23-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

I have actually been to a Nickelback concert. Couple of years ago. A friend likes them and nobody else wanted to join her so I did it for her.
        One time I took my kid sister to a Whitney Houston concert. Do I win?

All right... we'll call it a draw.
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
          It from the comedy improv group known as "The Upright Citizens Brigade". They also did one about Orson Welles' infamous "Paul Mason Wine" outtakes.
          I loved that one as well.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
            But that's where you are mistaken, monsieur. I did not descend from you loyalists...us froggies were here long before you Brits and Yanks showed up, lol.
            Whoops! My bad! The Loyalists usually have malt vinegar with their chips....I mean fries! On a side note, one of my have distant relatives who immigrated to the Toronto-area from Scotland in the late 1800's and one of them probably served in one of the local Scottish regiments in HM's Canadian Army. My great-grandmother even kept his maple leaf lapel-pin. These Scottish tendencies to drink Scotch, have malt-vinegar with my fries, and eat black pudding--tend to pop up every now and then.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
              Whoops! My bad! The Loyalists usually have malt vinegar with their chips....I mean fries! On a side note, one of my have distant relatives who immigrated to the Toronto-area from Scotland in the late 1800's and one of them probably served in one of the local Scottish regiments in HM's Canadian Army. My great-grandmother even kept his maple leaf lapel-pin. These Scottish tendencies to drink Scotch, have malt-vinegar with my fries, and eat black pudding--tend to pop up every now and then.
              There used to be a couple of really good fish and chips places around when I was a kid. It was north atlantic cod and the big fries with some cole slaw on the side. I always doused the fish with malt vinegar but put ketchup on the fries. Mayo to me is just something you mix with ketchup to make fry dipping sauce or use as a bread spread. Dunking stuff in it straight seems nasty and I like go light on the mayo on sandwiches and stuff. it's really hard to find good fish and chips anymore.

As far as pizza goes I'm a New York style guy. I don't like thick crust or a lot of garbage on my pizza. If the crust sucks nothing else you dump on it is going to compensate for that atrocity.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                My condolences.
                Thank you :-)
                The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Angel
                  But have your ears stopped bleeding yet?

Not yet. I still have to stick tampons in my ears from that show, every now and then

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Zing!
                    One time I took my kid sister to a Whitney Houston concert. Do I win?

All right... we'll call it a draw.

Yeah, actually you do win. At least Nickelback you can tune out to a degree. Whitneys wailing is far too agressive to ignore. I am so sorry for you. I hated her singing.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      It's starting to catch on, but ketchup is the American fry-drug of choice. Upscale, trending "gastropubs" are opening here featuring mostly Belgian type foods like duck frites, or french fries done in duck oil and served with a variety of specialty mayo-based dips...

I love dips. I used to work for a swedish fastfood chain when I was young. Since then I can't eat fries without a dip. But we who worked there understood from the American customers that would come in that you guys don't have the dipping culture like we do
                      Here are the dips we had were I worked. They tasted SO good.

They have some more that aren't listed here, like Blue Cheese etc...

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

hmm.. dips. olives for me please. with a little crushed tomato and garlic paste. nice crisp crackers and quality vintage cheese. heaven

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ashstralia
                          hmm.. dips. olives for me please. with a little crushed tomato and garlic paste. nice crisp crackers and quality vintage cheese. heaven
                          Hmm, i've never tried that. Sounds good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I love dips. I used to work for a swedish fastfood chain when I was young. Since then I can't eat fries without a dip. But we who worked there understood from the American customers that would come in that you guys don't have the dipping culture like we do
                            Here are the dips we had were I worked. They tasted SO good.

They have some more that aren't listed here, like Blue Cheese etc...
                            We don't use different kinds of dips for french fries. We do for chicken wings, chicken nuggets, chips, and vegetables. Go to a party here in the states and you will see all sorts of dips. Our fast food places sell similar kinds of dips but we aren't dunking french fries in them. We are dunking pieces of fried chicken in them.

Also. To certain chefs, smothering things in a lot of sauce is a sign the food isn't good. A good steak needs no steak sauce.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

sevenlayerfiestadipreci.jpg
                              My favorite party dip is 7 layer dip.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-24-2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• envy_me
                                Swedish Love Pump
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                We don't use different kinds of dips for french fries. We do for chicken wings, chicken nuggets, chips, and vegetables. Go to a party here in the states and you will see all sorts of dips. Our fast food places sell similar kinds of dips but we aren't dunking french fries in them. We are dunking pieces of fried chicken in them.

Also. To certain chefs, smothering things in a lot of sauce is a sign the food isn't good. A good steak needs no steak sauce.
                                Here people also dip the nuggets but most people choose curry dip or sweet and sour. All other dips are meant for fries.
                                I hate dipping snacks like chips.
                                Love to dip carrots and cucumbers. As a snack that is, not in a meal.
                                Last edited by envy_me; 02-24-2013, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...