• envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9590[/ATTACH]
    My favorite party dip is 7 layer dip.
    Wow, never seen anything like that.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

The vegetables and dips are pretty much a snack or an appetizer. Chips and dip are party food. You throw a party and there usually is a table full of all shorts of vegetables, chips, and dips.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

I often like Ajvar with fries. Or mustard. Or ketchup with a lot of black peppar in it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

It's a pretty popular Mexican style dip in these parts. My wife makes it. Here's a recipe that is pretty close to how she makes it.

This 7-layer dip is super easy and a beautiful dish to entertain with. I have a big colorful platter that I put it on. It's always a hit!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I pretty much have to have Heinz ketchup. Everything else is crap to me.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I think my wife substitutes cilantro instead of lettuce. If we go to parties we bring that dip and it's always a hit. People love it. It's great with corn tortilla chips or carrot sticks.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

But a bunch of that dip and a big sack of chips is handy to have when you are smoking weed and get the munchies. LOL!

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

I think my wife substitutes cilantro instead of lettuce. If we go to parties we bring that dip and it's always a hit. People love it. It's great with corn tortilla chips or carrot sticks.
                  We don't have refried beans here. Do you eat each layer seperately or do you mix it all together when you eat it?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                    We don't have refried beans here. Do you eat each layer seperately or do you mix it all together when you eat it?
                    You can eat it however you want. You can make your own refried beans if you can buy pinto beans. It still would probably be good even without the refried beans as long as you have the guacamole in there.

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                      Whoops! My bad! The Loyalists usually have malt vinegar with their chips....I mean fries! On a side note, one of my have distant relatives who immigrated to the Toronto-area from Scotland in the late 1800's and one of them probably served in one of the local Scottish regiments in HM's Canadian Army. My great-grandmother even kept his maple leaf lapel-pin. These Scottish tendencies to drink Scotch, have malt-vinegar with my fries, and eat black pudding--tend to pop up every now and then.
                      The best is poutine. Fries with gravy and cheese curds.
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        Tell ya what, Triple D did a feature on a guy working out of a food truck that made one which amounted to a heavy seafood chowder served over fresh made french fries, and the stuff looked awesome.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                          Aye lassy, ya poot tew much flavorrrrrrrrrrr in it!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                            Whoops! My bad! The Loyalists usually have malt vinegar with their chips....I mean fries! On a side note, one of my have distant relatives who immigrated to the Toronto-area from Scotland in the late 1800's and one of them probably served in one of the local Scottish regiments in HM's Canadian Army. My great-grandmother even kept his maple leaf lapel-pin. These Scottish tendencies to drink Scotch, have malt-vinegar with my fries, and eat black pudding--tend to pop up every now and then.
                            There's a lot of Canadian influence here, so a lot of people actually use malt vinegar. I only like it on curly-Q fries, but I don't like curly-Q fries that much. We actually have the only non-Canadian location of Jack Astors, a canuck chain restaurant where they advertize poutine...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

We don't use different kinds of dips for french fries. We do for chicken wings, chicken nuggets, chips, and vegetables. Go to a party here in the states and you will see all sorts of dips. Our fast food places sell similar kinds of dips but we aren't dunking french fries in them. We are dunking pieces of fried chicken in them.

Also. To certain chefs, smothering things in a lot of sauce is a sign the food isn't good. A good steak needs no steak sauce.
                              Real chicken wings are served with blue cheese and barbecue is for fucking kiddies!

Also, anyone coming to Buffalo and wanting to sample the local wings (they're chicken wings, not "Buffalo wings") would be best served by avoiding the typical tourist traps and their bullshit stories about inventing wings. The biggest offenders are The Anchor Bar and Duff's, both of whoms' wings are way overrated. You're much better off hitting a small pub/tavern type place like The Nine-Eleven Tavern or Mammosers...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                                I love dips. I used to work for a swedish fastfood chain when I was young. Since then I can't eat fries without a dip. But we who worked there understood from the American customers that would come in that you guys don't have the dipping culture like we do
                                Here are the dips we had were I worked. They tasted SO good.

They have some more that aren't listed here, like Blue Cheese etc...
                                I think it's cause fries are (wrongly) considered a side dish here, next to the burger whereas in parts of Europe fries are more of a large appetizer, maybe...

Comment

Working...