• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
    Don't you need alcohol before a gig? I'd need it
    I didn't know you were in a band. What instrument do you play?
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      I didn't know you were in a band. What instrument do you play?
      "I'd need it" as in I would need it. As a condition, if I was in a band I would need a drink before going on stage. I didn't say I need it in present.
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Not going to knock the importance of proper hydration, but I never got an energy boost from water alone.
        Water isn't a carbohydrate. If you are going to be running a race it's good to eat some pasta about 40 minute to a half hour before and then eat some sugar right before you start. My swim coach used to make us squirt honey into our mouths and swallow it right before we made our lap run. You want to be hydrated.

I used to volunteer with the search and rescue around here and one of the biggest problems I found is people weren't hydrating themselves and they were getting heat stroke. Water is the best thing to drink for hydration. Without it your body starts to systematically shut down.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

"I'd need it" as in I would need it. As a condition, if I was in a band I would need a drink before going on stage. I didn't say I need it in present.
          Please forgive Nitro. Swedish is his first language.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

To deal with the stage fright? I hear you don't want to bother an entertainer before a show. They go into a real intense mental area and they are keyed up. Even the ones who have done it for years.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              Please forgive Nitro. Swedish is his first language.
              Actually I don't have my contacts in so I'm lucky I could make sense of any of it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I know something all of us need and all of us wants.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-16-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                  I am waiting for Shakie to line up himself in a thread with..HEY Stop it with the, Gap Shit!®©™

Going on to long ...months now..This Gap!®©™

Get over The Gap!®©™
                  Stop Gap!®©™
                  Enough With The Gap Allready!®©™
                  Too Much Gap!®©™
                  Can't We all Just Get Over The Gap!®©™

MIND THE FOOT FACE GAP®©™

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

To be honest. I'm more interested in these little Dave Show things Dave has been doing than Van Halen. Eddie hasn't written anything earth shattering for years. I find Dave just going over to Japan winging it more interesting. I mean the guy really does kind of live the James Bond lifestyle. Very Rock and roll. Most people don't have the talent or the will to pull it off and end up in a cubicle somewhere.
                    I just don't want Ed to -NEED- to put something out ..I -NEED- him to -WANT- too..then and only then will he and it will be good, bet on that.

I also liked your take on the Roth Show..Dave tells a great tale..and he should, storytellers are hard to find and don't need to be looked upon as historical landmarks, to earn my respect.
                    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

To deal with the stage fright? I hear you don't want to bother an entertainer before a show. They go into a real intense mental area and they are keyed up. Even the ones who have done it for years.
                      as long as all the gear's working and we get a short soundcheck, i'm all good.
                      the stagefright was pretty intense in the early days though, and i would smash a few beers right before going onstage; but you just learn to deal with it. these days i'll drink or not just depending on how i feel on the day.

one thing that gets me everytime though; always, always in the car on the way to the show i get a nagging feeling that i've forgotten some vital piece of gear/cable/whatever... but i never have. you get really inventive at dealing with problems after a while.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

The only thing that bothers me is having to do a song live that we didn't have time to get down real great in practice. Then of course if you are getting paid for a gig you are a bit more concerned. The worst was having to play recitals as a kid and be judged.

Cables seem to be the things that get forgotten. Then you have the other bands that accuse you of stealing their cables so they can steal yours. I finally color coded all our cables so they look different so there is no question they are ours.
                        Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-16-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

hearing you there, nitro. between the 5 of us we have enough cables and power leads for 3 bands!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                            I just don't want Ed to -NEED- to put something out ..I -NEED- him to -WANT- too..then and only then will he and it will be good, bet on that.

I also liked your take on the Roth Show..Dave tells a great tale..and he should, storytellers are hard to find and don't need to be looked upon as historical landmarks, to earn my respect.
                            If I have to ask myself "Is this entertaining?" then it's not entertaining. You should just enjoy it as a natural result of experiencing it. I watch those Roth Shows and it's pretty entertaining. Frankly, I watch the current Van Halen and I find myself getting bored from it. I'm kind of like. Yeah I've heard this all before. Those guys look old. For old farts they are still doing pretty good. But there is no magic or WOW! factor to it for me.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                              hearing you there, nitro. between the 5 of us we have enough cables and power leads for 3 bands!
                              Even the other band members say your cables are theirs. I broke down and bought me a Dimarzio cable with gold shielding and see through insulation. My bass is a gold top so it matches. There is no question that is my guitar cable. My cable matches my bass. They call me Goldfinger now. LOL!

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

we share all our stuff anyway, the theory is we're all gonna be in the same place at the same time. your cable, my cable?

don't really matter, as long as everyone has one!

back on topic, red bull makes me queasy.

Comment

Working...