X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    You should have ABSOLUTELY no problem getting a job as a CDL driver. They don't have near enough in Buffalo, they FFS don't have enough in Cali.....
    One problem. Got to have clean piss.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

3 parking tickets in a year is excessive??!!

There have been times when I was averaging 3 a week...

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        You should have ABSOLUTELY no problem getting a job as a CDL driver. They don't have near enough in Buffalo, they FFS don't have enough in Cali.....
        I have a big problem getting a license to be a CDL driver though. I can't pass a DMV physical. My eyesight's too bad. I have cataracts in both eyes and the insurance I have now won't pay for cataract surgery. I couldn't pass an eye exam in 2009 but the Louisiana DMV let me have a restricted license. When I came back here in 2011 my California license was still valid so I didn't have to take an eye test to get it back. If I tried to get a CDL they'd make me take one at the DMV here and I'd lose my class 3 license.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          One problem. Got to have clean piss.
          That's not the problem. I'd just have to wait a few more weeks. I quit smoking reefer last month.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            You may not have been provided factual information to base your claim... Most criminal background checks for employment today will include everything including traffic tickets, insurance claims, tax liens and everything on your credit report. Yes, they'll pull public records back 20 years depending on the job type...
            Unless you're applying for a job that requires a security clearance in California they can only go back seven years. I don't apply for those kinds of jobs because I got busted for smoking pot in the service. I didn't lose my security clearance but I probably should have. I could no longer carry a firearm or be part of the security force but I was still allowed to shoot the 5" deck guns. They even sent me to Naval Gunfire Support school after I got busted. I just had to complete a drug abuse program first which required me to take a drug test twice a week for a month. If I had failed another drug test I would have gotten the boot. The Navy changed their drug policy after that and started booting out first time offenders but it wasn't retroactive.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              and still on dial up..
              Nope.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                That's not the problem. I'd just have to wait a few more weeks. I quit smoking reefer last month.
                At least you quit. People ask me all the time if we're hiring, and I usually jokingly ask if they can pass a drug test. Most of them say "aw, forget it." Hey, they wanna live with their mom for another few years, fine by me.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think that's a shit thing about the US.

Employers have way too much power. It's not enough you are often reliant on them for your healthcare and they don't give you much leave they also insist on what you can do when you aren't even at work.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    At least you quit. People ask me all the time if we're hiring, and I usually jokingly ask if they can pass a drug test. Most of them say "aw, forget it." Hey, they wanna live with their mom for another few years, fine by me.
                    If it was an option I wouldn't but I prefer to keep my options open when I'm looking for a job. I didn't always think that way and it cost me one of the best jobs I ever had. I passed the pee pee test to get the job with the help of some vitamins but I had to go back the day after I got hired and take another one. I wasn't prepared the second time and came up positive for THC. My boss didn't want to fire me but he had no choice. I actually ended up getting an even better job and one of the vendors I had to deal with was the company that fired me. I'm just lucky my former boss was cool and didn't rat me out to my new boss.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Employers have way too much power. It's not enough you are often reliant on them for your healthcare and they don't give you much leave they also insist on what you can do when you aren't even at work.
                      What's even worse is some companies don't even offer you medical insurance but they demand a doctors note if you call in sick.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I agree. They can only do alcohol and drug testing here if you are working around heavy equipment.
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

That was the nice thing about Progressive. The chairman and CEO was big behind the "legalize it" movement. No testing for anything. Beers at lunch!

At the current gig blowing a .02 BAC will get one fired. If I compared company policies to politics, it would be a VERY conservative organization. Progressive was very liberal.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

I have not been drug tested in 14 years. I am in an industry where my abilities are in very high demand, with not many people being good at what I do, and I do not work out in the shop.

I have the best of both worlds. Have my own office so I can shut the door while I work and blast out the music, and I can wear jeans and old torn up t-shirts to work. And I get paid well.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I get called over for a "random" test about once a year. Last year I got called the day after I was there for my annual hearing test. I could have pissed in the soundproof box!

Went early one early January Monday morning and told the hag in charge she was wasting her time...she puffs up all proud and informs me that I'd be surprised how many people she catches after a big football weekend. That was her second mistake. We were on third shift at the time and I slept through all the football games that Sunday.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Angel
                                I agree. They can only do alcohol and drug testing here if you are working around heavy equipment.
                                We used to have a similar deal until some witty Union person brought about some action claiming it was discrimination in the weak assumption it would get stopped . Now the whole business gets tested .

Ta da
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...