• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
    Continental all-season tires, maybe.

The Michelin Pilot Super Sports I run aren't any good under 32 degrees. Max performance summer tires.

How good are they at jumping though?

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      How good are they at jumping though?
      I've seen that before. Funny shit.
      Speaking of jumping. I loaned my 72 Blazer to my boss to go wheeling knowing that he was prone to driving borrowed vehicles like he stole them. When he brought it back all 4 rims were bent and it had no oil pressure.The dude that went with him said everything was cool until he saw some other guys jumping their two wheel drive pick ups. He figured 4 wheel drives were sturdier and jumped the blazer a couple times. Instead of paying for the repairs he traded me a car and cash for it. The legal owner of the car went with me to the DMV, filled out lost title paperwork and I registered it no problem. The next day I found out my boss had traded it in on a used van then repoed it after they repoed the van. I decided I'd better sell it before the real owner found out I had it. In the end I turned a small profit but it wasn't worth the hassle or the sleep I lost thinking I might get busted for stealing the car from the car lot.
      Last edited by cadaverdog; 11-16-2016, 04:09 PM.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Continental all-season tires, maybe.

The Michelin Pilot Super Sports I run aren't any good under 32 degrees. Max performance summer tires.
        I fucking nearly died driving with Z-rated summer tires in a snow fall. I just assumed they were all seasons...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          My old boss had one of those. He was a douche, and it was a horrible vehicle.
          Did you ask him if he likes his VW Toureg?

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            I fucking nearly died driving with Z-rated summer tires in a snow fall. I just assumed they were all seasons...
            When the rain really comes down here you see all kinds of sports cars along the sides of the road in the bushes or in a ditch that hydroplaned off the interstate because they had high speed rated tires that are worthless in the rain and snow.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
              When the rain really comes down here you see all kinds of sports cars along the sides of the road in the bushes or in a ditch that hydroplaned off the interstate because they had high speed rated tires that are worthless in the rain and snow.
              I almost went into a graveyard, which might have cut out the middleman....

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

I almost went into a graveyard, which might have cut out the middleman....
                I got a ticket for exhibition of speed, doing a burnout on a dead end street in front of a cemetery the day after I got my driver's license. The same cop pulled me over earlier and gave me a warning because I squealed my tires pulling away from a stop sign. I'm sure he knew I was lying when I claimed it was unintentional but he cut me some slack anyway. He must have been following me for at least a half hour before I figured the coast was clear and pulled down that dead end street.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Coming soon...Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Coming soon...Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

850 HP, 9.80 1/4 mile time.

Every license plate should have BMF on it!

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

And some feel the internal combustion engine should go away! Skip to 1:25 of this first video, and see what it's like to stand near a 10,000 HP fire fucking breathing Hemi V8. If that doesn't give you a boner, you ain't a man! FACT!

Go to the 2:40 mark of this one if you want to get right to ferocity of the blip of the throttle.

Comment

• qikgts
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

If that doesn't give you a boner, you ain't a man! FACT!
                        The smell of burning Nitro is like nothing else and the sounds/feeling, well if anyone hasn't been right next to them, you must experience it at least once in a lifetime!

Until I got a "taste" for it, breathing in the fumes would make me feel like I was suffocating and I'd run away. I had to find a way to stomach it because I wanted to be right there watching as they were warming them up, seating the clutch, etc.

Now, I go right up to the front of the line in the pits and just stand there while they're running, plugging my ears of course. It cracks me up every time when they finish and I turn around to find I'm usually the only "fan" left there right on top the rope line without a gas mask.
                        You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I think I saw FORD and NickDickless getting the fuck out of there, in that first video! They thought they were there to hear the whine of a battery powered weedeater.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think I saw FORD and NickDickless getting the fuck out of there, in that first video! They thought they were there to hear the whine of a battery powered weedeater.
                            Fuck you old man, you're a pussy that doesn't even change his own oil....

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Fuck you old man, you're a pussy that doesn't even change his own oil....
                              We both know I spend more time in the garage getting my hands dirty, than you've ever dreamed of. That's why I have man hands, and you have soft feminine hands, with manicured nails.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by qikgts

Now, I go right up to the front of the line in the pits and just stand there while they're running, plugging my ears of course. It cracks me up every time when they finish and I turn around to find I'm usually the only "fan" left there right on top the rope line without a gas mask.
                                They used to run the Jet Car Finals at the local drags in my hometown. We were 20 feet or so behind the staging area about even with the bleach box right next to the track behind a short chain link fence. Two Jet cars were staging. I just noticed everyone else had moved away from the fence and started moving myself but it was too late. The blast was just enough to burn all the hair off my legs. Good thing it was only staging. The blast from the jet engines at launch would probably set you on fire.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...