X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
    As long as it isn't the 25th-29th, that is when the electric light festival is this year, we get 100s of impounds during this thing!
    I'll look......it's a family reunion in TC but I'm sticking to the story that I can only make it Sat and Sun.......one perk of owning your own business, you can blame it on having to run the business
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

I like E but he did go bonkers. What he said to Seshy is inexcusable IMO

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        John Ashcroft too!

It was problematic when the whole mod team became non republican.

ELVIS was one of the 3 or 4 'friends' I had here back in the day 15 years ago. At the point I took over he was happy.

It's a shame how he went.
        Oh yeah, Ashcroft! Man, I got into a few good battles with him!!!

I'm not sure what happened to E but if there was ever a better case that a black President could push someone over the edge, it was him

I'm not even sure he believed all the nonsense he was posting near the end......best guess, he was doing it for the reaction more than a heart felt belief!
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I wouldn't and didn't ban him for that.

I banned him because he said 'Ban me'.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

ELVIS used to be somewhat of a normal human being. I spoke with him on the phone a few times back in 2002. He has family up here in Cascadia, and we were supposed to meet up at the Dave & Spam show at The Gorge that year (and possibly at the Atomic Punks show a couple days earlier) but I never did find the guy.

I missed his last little meltdown due to my annual spring technological clusterfuck keeping me offline for most of April, but from what I understand it was pretty damned awful.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• TFM_Dale
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2009

The dude in the second vehicle just stopped in and wanted to know why his bill was more than 50.00 lol.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
                Oh yeah, Ashcroft! Man, I got into a few good battles with him!!!

I'm not sure what happened to E but if there was ever a better case that a black President could push someone over the edge, it was him

I'm not even sure he believed all the nonsense he was posting near the end......best guess, he was doing it for the reaction more than a heart felt belief!
                He was posting 80 times a day.

He also thought that it was all about him, that I couldn't possibly ban him and lose that traffic.

He fundamentally misjudged it. I don't get paid for traffic because I don't accept advertising. It all comes out my pocket so if ELVIS posts 80 bits of crazy shit and things are quiet and there are only another 20 posts that day then suddenly I'm the dummy paying to spread that shit.
                This was a real problem for me for a while because I also didn't want to break the ethos of the site so I ended up having to spend lots of time on debunking his shit. For a while I could justify that time with the argument that people would read it and learn shit but when he asked me to ban him I thought 'great I won't need to do that any more'.
                His ego thought that couldn't happen. He either misjudged it hugely or he wanted banned.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2009

Send me a million dollars

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

I hope the guy gets some help or gets in a better place in life........I never thought you banned him for any other reason than he asked for it, BTW!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                      I missed his last little meltdown due to my annual spring technological clusterfuck keeping me offline for most of April, but from what I understand it was pretty damned awful.
                      It was stuff about wishing my kids would die but to be honest we say the same thing most days as in between their rare moments of heart melting cuteness they are incredibly annoying little shits.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, that's fucked up bringing anybody's family into it, especially kids.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

It would definitely have been easier and more fun for me to keep the gang hut of mod pals, wait for the Rothfans site to inevitably implode and then see who came back. This becomes more attractive given the fact that many of that crowd never came back anyway.
                          Rothfans 3 or 4 or whatever came about after The GOAT hired a manager and the manager told the GOAT and his band to blow us off. Warham, who owned the first couple of Rothfans offered some cyberspace or whatever to improve whatever The Goat site morphed into and it went from there. Rothfans wasn't opened to compete with the Army it just sort of happened. The first Rothfans was a kindler gentler Roth site that turned to shit. When the first RFs died other sites sprung up but they didn't last long either. TCR is about the only site that lasted that kind of spun off this site. At least I think it did. I don't know it's exact origins. I was invited to join TCR after another site folded that had a bunch of Army people as members.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Well to me it's kind of fucking crazy mad ironic having a thread where a bunch of people who tried and failed to fuck this site up permanently discuss whose fault it was apart from them that there are less posts here now.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FORD
                              Yeah, that's fucked up bringing anybody's family into it, especially kids.
                              Yep!

Even when I was sparring with him towards the final E meltdown he just wasn't the same E..........the wit and the banter were gone, sad really.

Brother Nat's videos to prove a point

I will say this, I thank E every time I watch those vids, though! It's fucking comedic gold

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

E's posts were becoming more and more psychotic and desperate as the days went on.
                                He clearly viewed sesh as part of his pre "revelations" lets defend our selves against the man fantasy.
                                He would post stuff to prove points he hadn't read to support points he hadn't really explained. And got more and more irritated if you called him on it or worse didn't give him attention about it.

Am sure he views banning as some victory of some sort against the enemy, am just not sure any one in his bunker cares.
                                In the end it was a little sad.
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...