Some lucky soldiers allowed to celebrate the holidays with their families!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat

The only people who "spoke in tounges" were the apostles. They were given the gift to talk to people in those peoples' own language. They needed it to help start and spread the new-found Church. This whole business of speaking gibberish and having others translate it to the group sounds exactly like what it says in the Bible that you should not be doing as far as false prophecies and adding to God's works, seeing how it's an alledged language only known by God and those special enough to have it are considered mainly to be giving direct messages from God.

I also find it hard to swallow that whole notion some of the denominations have that you are not saved and are going to hell if you don't speak in tounges especially when I always come across many references they themselves make that it is a prophetical gift. Not everyone is called to be a prophet of the Lord and to suggest that one may go to hell because they aren't is judging. That is the job of someone else higher up
    Speaking in tounges was a gift of the Holy Spirit. Not THE gift of the Holy Spirit, as in not the only one, but **a** gift of the Spirit, one among many described in Paul's writings.....

1 Corinthians 12

1Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

2Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

3Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

There's a stable down the block from me. If not, I have a big backyard. I can build a nice stable and have some room for it to walk around
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• jacksmar
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Nick, I don’t think it was an A2 in the late 80’s. The USAF may have had a different issue. We all qualified with the M16 and later .38. I like the .38 and carry a simple 5 round with target loads. In my home is another story.

Don’t steal my lines; come up with your own Nick. The jack off to Limbaugh was pretty good but he lost any credibility with the drug thing. Fucking hypocrite. Drug users are weak and insecure. Just one too many is what I always hope for those idiots. The fix that should kill a drug user should always be the next fix.

Sorry if the facts get in the way of President Clinton. How about stealth communist?
        Nick the line you took issue with is straight from the Communist Manifesto. Sorry you can’t see how the drug laden counter culture of the late 60’s and early 70’s used this verbatim for their positions.

Nick, seriously. Guys like me don’t macho pose. Only young bullet proof guys that have something to prove do that. Old guys that do that won’t be old long.
        A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
          Nick, I don’t think it was an A2 in the late 80’s. The USAF may have had a different issue. We all qualified with the M16 and later .38. I like the .38 and carry a simple 5 round with target loads. In my home is another story.

It was an A1 until 86', then was "improved" to fire three-round bursts instead of full-auto, which the troops reportedly hate.

Don’t steal my lines; come up with your own Nick. The jack off to Limbaugh was pretty good but he lost any credibility with the drug thing. Fucking hypocrite. Drug users are weak and insecure. Just one too many is what I always hope for those idiots. The fix that should kill a drug user should always be the next fix.

Some of the most brilliant novelists, poets, artists, and musicians used drugs. Sometimes it was gratuitous consumption, sometimes it was claimed the drugs unleashed creativity or allowed one to be closer to God. I don't know since the only illegal drug I ever used was pot (actually somebody slipped me a mickey of LSD I believe, but I can't prove it).

We are a culture of junkies that abuses caffine (ME!), alcohol, and prescription drugs. I have a harder time drawing a fine line between illegal drugs and the dependent prescription culture we have become.

Sorry if the facts get in the way of President Clinton. How about stealth communist?

What facts? The guy who helped enable NAFTA was a "stealth communist?" I highley doubt it! By the way, he's a multi-millionare from all of his speaking engagements. Sounds more like an entrepreneur to me.

Nick the line you took issue with is straight from the Communist Manifesto. Sorry you can’t see how the drug laden counter culture of the late 60’s and early 70’s used this verbatim for their positions.

Nick, seriously. Guys like me don’t macho pose. Only young bullet proof guys that have something to prove do that. Old guys that do that won’t be old long.
          [/b]

Now you are displaying the classic syndrome of "Monolithic Thinking," which is lumping everything you hate/love or whatever into one large amalgamation. In fact, there were many groups struggle in the sixties, and certainly not all were hippies. In fact the "New Left" of the sixties and early seventies had a sharp break with the "Old Left" (Communist Party USA) that they thought were corrupt sellouts to the Soviet Union. Most anti-war demonstrators regarded with them contempt.

Certainly some groups were communistic in the sixties, but there were plenty of right-wing fascist groups to counterbalance that as well as a Federal Government that broke laws and conducted illegal espionage activities on it's citizens.

I was even in a course on Beatnik Literature. The overall thesis of the course stated that Reagan's conservative revolution of "individualistic" philosophy was in fact a direct offshoot of the sixties counter-culture's "New Left."

The New Left was also obsessed with individual liberation, and if you read the writings of, for instance, The Students for a Democratic Society (SDS-Tom Hayden), you'll find in fact that they were in many ways vehemently opposed to a strong centralized "Federal" government and favored "Participatory Democracy," which is a very nebulous term and difficult to define. But I believe it was akin to a representational government at a collective regional level (i.e. the classic town hall meeting). By the way, there are numerous right-wing groups that have espoused the same thing.

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
            More of the same from you, Warham. You really have nothing to say.

Which post are you talking about? Which one of your posts even comes close to articulating what Ally has written? And which website did you copy it from?

Nice language, co called Christian! Do you kiss your pastor with thtat mouth?
            More proof that you don't read before you post replies.

Why don't you go back and read the posts?

Comment

• Ally_Kat
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Speaking in tounges was a gift of the Holy Spirit. Not THE gift of the Holy Spirit, as in not the only one, but **a** gift of the Spirit, one among many described in Paul's writings.....
              My friend is in one of those faiths I talked about and, even though she's one of those people who will give and give even when she has nothing to give, she's been told she is going to hell because God doesn't want to save her all because she can't do that gibberish thing. Her whole congregation meets up and they all start standing there while the guy leading it -- I don't know whether to call him a priest or a minister, or what -- but after everyone has enough of "communication", he tells them what secrets God has told them all. I keep telling her to fake it. If they are all being legit, the guy will notice. If it's not and a bunch of people are messing around to appear "saved", then they'll figure she's been baptized and they'll leave her be. I tell her the worst case is that they'll notice, but they already think she is destined for Satan, so what's to lose?

I'm sorry, but that whole thing seems sketchy to me. And even there, Paul says we are many members of one body. Why is it in those faiths that EVERYONE has to have this gift, or that they go to hell? I've asked and I'm told it was because of the Apostles being baptized in the Holy Spirit. Well, unless my reading comprehension is really off, after that in my NIV, they went up to random people and those people could understand what the Apostles were saying in their own native language -- not speaking some unknown tounge. Where did this gibberish version come from? It's really ranking up there with the people on tv who "heal" people for me.

Now, I will admit I don't know much outside the everyone must speak it or go to hell part. Everything I've looked up as basically summed up to that. If there's some sane side of this that isn't as visible, I'm willing to hear it out. But as of the moment, I'm pissed that a teenage girl, who has a lot of decisions to make that will help pan out who she'll be once she is grown, was told not to bother anymore cuz she's going to hell. I'm sorry, but that's seriously fucked up.
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                More proof that you don't read before you post replies.

Why don't you go back and read the posts?
                Because you have not written one.
                Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
                  Demon, still throwing names and comparisons. That’s the thought provoking stuff I look forward to. Usually comes from hating America. That’s what you have to do though to make yourself FEEL better. Rush doesn’t get me hard like he does you. That’s an easy one.
                  You are the only one talking about hating America.

Dude, take a Paxil!

Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                    My friend is in one of those faiths I talked about and, even though she's one of those people who will give and give even when she has nothing to give, she's been told she is going to hell because God doesn't want to save her all because she can't do that gibberish thing. Her whole congregation meets up and they all start standing there while the guy leading it -- I don't know whether to call him a priest or a minister, or what -- but after everyone has enough of "communication", he tells them what secrets God has told them all. I keep telling her to fake it. If they are all being legit, the guy will notice. If it's not and a bunch of people are messing around to appear "saved", then they'll figure she's been baptized and they'll leave her be. I tell her the worst case is that they'll notice, but they already think she is destined for Satan, so what's to lose?

I'm sorry, but that whole thing seems sketchy to me. And even there, Paul says we are many members of one body. Why is it in those faiths that EVERYONE has to have this gift, or that they go to hell? I've asked and I'm told it was because of the Apostles being baptized in the Holy Spirit. Well, unless my reading comprehension is really off, after that in my NIV, they went up to random people and those people could understand what the Apostles were saying in their own native language -- not speaking some unknown tounge. Where did this gibberish version come from? It's really ranking up there with the people on tv who "heal" people for me.

Now, I will admit I don't know much outside the everyone must speak it or go to hell part. Everything I've looked up as basically summed up to that. If there's some sane side of this that isn't as visible, I'm willing to hear it out. But as of the moment, I'm pissed that a teenage girl, who has a lot of decisions to make that will help pan out who she'll be once she is grown, was told not to bother anymore cuz she's going to hell. I'm sorry, but that's seriously fucked up.
                    Speaking in Tongues is a gift like FORD said...Gifts from the Holy Spirit are many and not everyone has every gift. I believe some people have this gift. No everyone does. Some people have the ability to discern this (interpret it) gift and others do not. Ally, it sounds as if your friend needs to get out of this church. If they are preaching that everyone either has this gift or is going to Hell, then she's being misled in my opinion...
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Holy shit(quite literally)...

Every day I learn more about how whacked out and disturbed even mainstream superstitions in the US are...

Speaking in tongues?

LMFAO!

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Holy shit(quite literally)...

Every day I learn more about how whacked out and disturbed even mainstream superstitions in the US are...

Speaking in tongues?

LMFAO!

Comment

Working...