X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I notice noone has used the phrase 'act of God' which opens a whole can of worms...
    I know i have no need to go there with you, we understand each other as much as we can agree on with that subject, so i ain't going there again, lol.

But worm soup with a side of crackers sounds tasty indeed, Mmmmm Mmmmm Good!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I wasn't having a go at anyone.

It's fucking impossible to imagine 23 000 people being killed in a single event. I was trying to put it in some sort of perspective.

I took a course recently in Geography specifically dealing with disasters, both natural and manmade.

Natural disasters of this type usually bring casualties of this order as recently as several times in the last fifty years, particularly in India and Bangladesh. Horrific, huh?

Have a nice day.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The death toll has been updated to 32,000 this morning. Sri Lanka has raised their toll by 6,000 alone.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          The death toll has been updated to 32,000 this morning. Sri Lanka has raised their toll by 6,000 alone.
          A pity really, considering most of these nations didn't heed tsunami warnings from the United States fearing it would interrupt their tourist industry. All hail GREED.

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Update: we're at 40,000 now and still climbing:

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

In Sri Lanka a train was derailed by the waves. 1,000 people right there. This is just horrible.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

80K and rising
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ODShowtime
                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Jesus Christ it doubled just now? God help those poor people. I read an article titled "Asia loses entire generation of children"

Puts things into perspective, something I need often.
                gnaw on it

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                  A pity really, considering most of these nations didn't heed tsunami warnings from the United States fearing it would interrupt their tourist industry. All hail GREED.
                  Really B3? I didn't know we could predict 8.9 Ricter scale earthquakes. After that WMD debacle, I don't think our word means much at this point. Do you?

Especially in the part of the world where its never happened before.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                    Jesus Christ it doubled just now? God help those poor people. I read an article titled "Asia loses entire generation of children"

Puts things into perspective, something I need often.

Media reporting 40K

I have 2 friends staying in Jakarta right now for a wedding, and they say the numbers to be announced will be 80K.

I try and imagine what we'd be thinking/doing if it had happened of the one of OUR coasts. Tsunami warning systems or not

Comment

• ODShowtime
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      I have 2 friends staying in Jakarta right now for a wedding, and they say the numbers to be announced will be 80K.

I'm glad to hear your friends are ok.

Many parts of Sumatra (and probably other countries too) haven't even been reached yet. The toll will rise in the coming days and weeks even. 100s of Americans are still missing.
                      gnaw on it

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                        I'm glad to hear your friends are ok.

Many parts of Sumatra (and probably other countries too) haven't even been reached yet. The toll will rise in the coming days and weeks even. 100s of Americans are still missing.
                        thanks OD

Comment

• ODShowtime
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

We're at 59,000 and counting:

Asia Disaster Yields Its Dead, Toll at 59,000

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.
                          gnaw on it

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Really B3? I didn't know we could predict 8.9 Ricter scale earthquakes. After that WMD debacle, I don't think our word means much at this point. Do you?

If they don't want to listen, fuck them. They have their own leaders to blame. I guess their leaders can blame our leaders for not being "trustworthy," although the NOAA is totally seperate from the CIA et al. It's just a pity they didn't want to "listen."

Especially in the part of the world where its never happened before.
                            I guess God's plan of thinning the herd is in progress.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I guess God's plan of thinning the herd is in progress.
                              That's the way Osama Bin Laden thinks.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I'm starting to get concerned about the horrible festering conditions with 1000s of bodies rotting in tropical heat and the sitting water and destroyed sanitation. This can lead to terrible outbreaks and even new diseases springing from the mass. This could reach a global scale if we're not careful.
                                gnaw on it

Comment

Working...