• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
    I
    So i stand behind the soldiers in any case.
    Too bad your Administration doesn't.

Why are they slashing Veteran Benefits?

Why do they make a Sargeant the SCAPEGOAT for Abu Grahib when it came from the top?

Why isnt Armor a TOP PRIORITY with Bush/Runny?
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• blueturk
      Veteran
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
      Indeed. Let's see 'em. Now. Most of them rolling around the Internet have been made up and that's a FACT.
      On July 16 of last year,Bush told an Amish group in Pennsylvania that "I trust God speaks through me.Without that,I couldn't do my job." Of course, you can't trust those damn Amish though.What do they know about faith?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        Too bad your Administration doesn't.

Why are they slashing Veteran Benefits?

Prove it. You can't because it simply isn't true. Veterans Benefits spending is actually up 27% from the previous Administration as per Factcheck.org.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Why isnt Armor a TOP PRIORITY with Bush/Runny?
          Which armor are you referring to?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
            Prove it. You can't because it simply isn't true. Veterans Benefits spending is actually up 27% from the previous Administration as per Factcheck.org.
            MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Chat Web Search:

MSNBC News
            Jan. 24: What happens when soldiers return home after fighting in Iraq? Do they get the benefits they need to survive? Many veterans organizations say no. NBC's Chip Reid reports.
            Nightly News

Veterans groups gripe about military benefits
            Do troops get what they need when they return?
            By Chip Reid
            Correspondent
            NBC News
            Updated: 7:31 p.m. ET Jan. 24, 2005They risk their lives and endure brutally violent conditions on tours of duty that average almost a year. What sustains them through it all is the dream of coming home. But what's next? When returning troops reach U.S. soil, do they get the help they need?

"It should be the No. 1 priority of this country to recognize their efforts and, when they return, to ensure that the benefits are available to them," says Peter Gaytan with the American Legion.

Too often, though, resources and programs are not available, according to many veterans organizations.

For example:

Health care: More than 10,000 U.S. troops have been wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, overwhelming the veterans health care system in some states — where injured veterans wait months to get help.
            Education: The GI bill gives veterans money for college. But vets groups say the funding doesn't match what school really costs.
            Death benefit: The families of the nearly 1,500 U.S. troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan receive only about $12,000.
            CONGRESS CONSIDERS CHANGES
            Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., proposed the HEROES Act (Honoring Every Requirement of Exemplary Service) on Jan. 24, 2005. Here are the key parts of the proposal:

— Raise the death gratuity from $12,420 to $100,000 retroactive to the war in Afghanistan
            — Raise maximum servicemen's life insurance (SGLI) from $250,000 to $400,000

"Twelve-thousand dollars is a paltry and miserly amount," says Sen. George Allen, R-Va.

Now some members of Congress want to increase the benefit to $100,000.

The problem in all these issues, according to veterans groups, is too little money. In a time of war, they say funding for veterans should be going up. But veterans groups are worried that when President Bush issues his budget proposal next month, veterans programs will be frozen or maybe even cut.

Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., a big advocate for veterans, learned how hard it is to increase funding. He was chairman of the House Veterans Affairs Committee, but not anymore.

"It's our contention that in the eyes of the leadership he did too good a job," says Dennis Cullinan of the Veterans of Foreign Wars. "He was clearly pushed out. It's unprecedented."

The president's choice to be the new secretary of veterans affairs was asked Monday if veterans will get the assistance they need.

"My commitment in taking on this job, if I am given the privilege, is to the veterans and their needs, because I feel it, and they deserve it," Jim Nicholson told the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee.

But Nicholson stressed that funds are finite and left open the possibility of cuts in programs as the troops come home.

© 2005 MSNBC Interactive
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

LM, you countered my argument with an article on proposed legislation. Legislation I agree with, by the way. It doesn't exactly counter my original argument, however, does it? I'm a member of two veterans groups. We'll always ask for more....regardless who is in office and regardless how much they give us to begin with. That is how the Federal Budget game is played.

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                God and the Bible are fairy tales ??

In a word.... YES!
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• YAH'WEH
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by blueturk
                  On July 16 of last year,Bush told an Amish group in Pennsylvania that "I trust God speaks through me.Without that,I couldn't do my job." Of course, you can't trust those damn Amish though.What do they know about faith?

is it for you to question faith?

Comment

• blueturk
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by YAH'WEH
                    is it for you to question faith?
                    Good Lord (no pun intended)! I was being sarcastic.

Comment

Working...