X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keeyth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Part Cherokee here as well. And I'd consider it a very high honor to have an elder from AIM drive 1357 miles to see me, let alone gift me with a warrior shawl.
    I would too. In fact, one of the highest honors you could get.
    Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Keeyth
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Unfortunately, there are a few. Ben Nighthorse Campbell comes to mind, although he left the Senate for health reasons.

Can't understand it myself. The conservatives certainly never did anything for the Indians.
      That's for sure.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

From a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll:

'Interestingly enough, while the press has given Sheehan credit for galvanizing the anti-war movement, 80 percent of Americans say Sheehan's actions have not changed their attitudes towards to the war. The remaining 20 percent are split down the middle with 10 percent saying Mrs. Sheehan makes them more likely to support the war and 10 percent saying her actions make them more likely to oppose it.'

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham

'Interestingly enough, while the press has given Sheehan credit for galvanizing the anti-war movement, 80 percent of Americans say Sheehan's actions have not changed their attitudes towards to the war. The remaining 20 percent are split down the middle with 10 percent saying Mrs. Sheehan makes them more likely to support the war and 10 percent saying her actions make them more likely to oppose it.'
          Actually, in real terms, that's a win for the opposition since more now oppose the war and BUSH's policy than support it.

Comment

• Keeyth
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2004

'Interestingly enough, while the press has given Sheehan credit for galvanizing the anti-war movement, 80 percent of Americans say Sheehan's actions have not changed their attitudes towards to the war.
            That's because they were already against it before her...

Comment

• Cathedral
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Keeyth
              That's because they were already against it before her...
              I had the exact same response come to mind.
              I don't think the poll is an accurate indicator that minds were changed.
              I don't think polls in general can be trusted unless the entire population is involved.

Say you're at a party and there are 10 huge tubs full of apples for the dunking game.
              Well, in each tub is an equal number of apples but a different concentration of red one's, yellow one's and green one's in each.

Without looking at all 10 tubs and knowing exactly how many of each color are in each tub, you will not get an accurate number of the total on each color by only looking in one tub.

The percentages are only based on those examined and not the entire lot.

My gut feeling is a better indicator of who, what, when, where, and how than any poll has been since Clinton was elected the first time.
              I had to start over then because i was wrong on that prediction.
              I was convinced that America knew better than to elect Slick Willie, but i was wrong on that one, been right since though and that is a better percentage than any poll i have seen about anything.

Polls are by default, incomplete indicators of what the people really think as a whole.

Polls in my opinion are simply tools for reporters to use to occupy air time, it gives them something to talk about.
              But it's sad if people do actually change their views based on such incomplete data.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Not to mention how the questions are phrased or asked.

I don't trust polls one bit.
                http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

That's good, because 76% of the people in this forum think you're an idiot.
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Keeyth
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                    I had the exact same response come to mind.
                    I don't think the poll is an accurate indicator that minds were changed.
                    I don't think polls in general can be trusted unless the entire population is involved.

Say you're at a party and there are 10 huge tubs full of apples for the dunking game.
                    Well, in each tub is an equal number of apples but a different concentration of red one's, yellow one's and green one's in each.

Without looking at all 10 tubs and knowing exactly how many of each color are in each tub, you will not get an accurate number of the total on each color by only looking in one tub.

The percentages are only based on those examined and not the entire lot.

My gut feeling is a better indicator of who, what, when, where, and how than any poll has been since Clinton was elected the first time.
                    I had to start over then because i was wrong on that prediction.
                    I was convinced that America knew better than to elect Slick Willie, but i was wrong on that one, been right since though and that is a better percentage than any poll i have seen about anything.

Polls are by default, incomplete indicators of what the people really think as a whole.

Polls in my opinion are simply tools for reporters to use to occupy air time, it gives them something to talk about.
                    But it's sad if people do actually change their views based on such incomplete data.
                    yep..

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Tragic.

Bush: Vacation Ruined By 'Stupid Dead Soldier'

August 31, 2005

CRAWFORD, TX—President Bush concluded his summer vacation by holding an informal press conference Monday to address grieving mother Cindy Sheehan, saying "her damn dead son ruined my whole summer vacation."

Bush addresses the press during his vacation.

Bush addressed Mrs. Sheehan, who was not present, by saying "a mother should not have to bury her son this way, by which I mean allowing her son's death to destroy his commander-in-chief's one chance to relax and unwind."

Sheehan, whose son Casey died in Iraq in April 2004, has led a vigil outside of Bush's Crawford ranch since early August, urging the immediate withdrawal of troops from Iraq and demanding a meeting with Bush.

"This is a terrible tragedy," Bush said. "If this dead soldier of a son had the ounce of sense he needed to keep his worthless ass alive, my last few weeks might have been peaceful. I mourn the loss of the beautiful August mornings, and the sweet afternoons that could have been spent on the porch swing listening to the songbirds. All Americans mourn this loss."

When asked why he has refused to meet with Mrs. Sheehan, Bush said, "Listen, I came here to relax. I want to fish, go biking with Lance Armstrong, play with my dogs, chainsaw some brush, and get back to nature. 'Course, it's hard to do that when you have to constantly listen to the mother of some dummy who didn't have sense enough to stay out of a damned war zone."

Bush added: "I'm more exhausted today than I was when I started this vacation."

Security concerns stemming from the presence of the anti-war protesters gathered around Sheenan's "Camp Casey" prevented Bush from making public appearances in Crawford, including ordering his annual cheeseburger at Goode Company Barbeque.

"I was really looking forward to that burger," Bush said. "And I could have had it too, if it wasn't for that soldier getting his stupid ass blown off."

"We're supposed to be over there showing the Iraqis how to get it done, not acting just as dumb as they are with all their stupid dying," Bush added. "I tell you, it feels like every other month since I started this job, somebody gets himself killed just to mess up my holiday."

When asked to address recent public suggestions, including Sheehan's, of immediate withdrawal from Iraq in light of mounting casualties, Bush said, "I don't want to think about that now. We can discuss that back in Washington. For now, let's relax and have a good time."

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said Bush's remarks reflect the administration's stance on casualties.

"I think what President Bush is saying is that, while we certainly owe a debt of gratitude to our fine men and women serving abroad, we don't want the real dumb ones who die to interrupt our precious downtime," McClellan said. "It is the president's opinion, and that of the entire administration, that the best way to honor the brave sacrifices of our fallen soldiers is by enjoying a relaxing vacation and not thinking about their deaths."
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Keeyth
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2004

Sounds just like the Bush I know... :p

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Keeyth
                          Sounds just like the Bush I know... :p
                          You don't know ANY bush.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

You don't know ANY bush.
                            LOL!
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Keeyth
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2004

You don't know ANY bush.
                              Listen Warpig, I know your sisters Cherokee bush, and she'd tell you all about it, but right now she's got her mouth full...

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                                Commando
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                                a little harsh, dude.

canada's biggest problem is that it just doesn't have the people.

at 32 million, it's got like half the population of either britain or france.

canada declared war on germany like a week after britain did in 1939. two years before the U.S.

canada invaded one of the normandy beaches and took pretty significant casualties.

canada was one of the first countries to join the 1991 gulf war coalition against iraq. and it was involved in the 2001 taliban/afghanistan war.

(and let's not forget that the U.S. has twice tried to invade canada. during the revolutionary war, and again in the war of 1812. we're 0 for 2 against them...)

mind you, i'm sure we could take canada now if we wanted. but when push comes to shove, they're one of the tougher pound-for-pound countries out there.

(well, despite the goofy mountie outfits...)
                                thanks for bringing up the things we have done. of course big mouth has nothing to say about this

Comment

Working...