X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag

I may be a cock...but at least I'm not a pretender.
    You'll never have to pretend to be a cock around here.

We believe you.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Why would I stop being pretentious when winding you up is what entertains me?

And I don't think you're idiotic at all... tell us all again why taxes should be raised right now. ha ha.
      You're here to wind me up?

sad, really.

Taxes should be raised right now on certain people and businesses.

Fuck if I care if you agree.

Tell us all again what a great plan borrowing $150 billion to dole it out to the poor and middle class is.

Why not take that money, and reinvest into our infrastructure like Roosevelt.

Good paying jobs, needed improvements.

Back to my original point of the thread....

The REPUBLICAN led congress and white house got us into this mess, and now they want to BORROW / BRIBE their way out.

And I think it sucks.

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        Investment income, a local club, as well as a few rental properites brings me a decent income.
        investment incomes + rental income =/= "earnings" for IRS purposes.

So take your check and go buy a shiny new pickup.

Comment

• Blackflag
          Banned
          • Apr 2006

Taxes should be raised right now on certain people and businesses.

Fuck if I care if you agree.
          I'm not saying I disagree with you. I'm saying every economist in the world disagrees with you. Even the most tax-happy, giant welfare-state loving democrats in Congress know there needs to be a rebate. Fuck.
          Last edited by Blackflag; 01-27-2008, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Blackflag
            Banned
            • Apr 2006

The REPUBLICAN led congress and white house got us into this mess, and now they want to BORROW / BRIBE their way out.

The only members of congress who can shirk the blame are those who voted against the AUMF.

Who is that? Kucinich and Paul? Anybody else?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

I'm not saying I disagree with you. I'm saying every economist in the world disagrees with you.
              Bullshit

But then again, it doesn't fucking matter.

I stated MY opinion on the "rebate" *I* don't like it.

If you do, bully for you. More crack money, right?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

investment incomes + rental income =/= "earnings" for IRS purposes.

So take your check and go buy a shiny new pickup.
                I guarantee you I aint getting the bribe.

But if I do, I'll happily donate it to the site for help with the new software.

But where do YOU shop for new pickups?

$1,200-1,600 for a new pickup in Yakima?

Only if the VIN is scratched off and a new ignition is installed.

Speaking of donating to the site........

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

Nowhere in the article does anybody say that raising taxes now would help the economy. You're the only one that says that.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

The only members of congress who can shirk the blame are those who voted against the AUMF.

Who is that? Kucinich and Paul? Anybody else?
                    Iraq isn't the only black hole our beloved BushCO has thrown money into, but your point is made......

So you're saying let's borrow another few hundred billion for people to shop at Wal-Mart with?

fuck

And MOST economists agree the 2001 "rebate" went to pay off debt.

Shit, cut out the middle men and give the money directly to the banks then.

Why this charade?

I'll tell you why.

2008 = ELECTION YEAR.

NOBODY is going to run on NO REBATE FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS except RP and DK

Dennis has dropped out, and Ron Paul will be cone Feb. 6th.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Nowhere in the article does anybody say that raising taxes now would help the economy. You're the only one that says that.
                      LMMFAO

No Rebate = Raising Taxes

No wonder we're where we are today.

Anybody else notice we're in a time of war[s], with massive debt and deficits?

Help!!!!!

Comment

• Blackflag
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2006

So you're saying let's borrow another few hundred billion for people to shop at Wal-Mart with?

And MOST economists agree the 2001 "rebate" went to pay off debt.
                        A. Yes, that's the idea. Even the economists in the article you cited say that's the idea.

B. Bring a quote. You have no support for that statement.

C. A recurring theme in this thread: you still have presented no better alternative. To quote you, you're just "tearing down somebody else's idea with no solution of your own."

Bottom line - like it or not - there is no better way to inject money into the economy quickly than putting cash into people's pockets immediately.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Which begs the question.....

If I'm the only moron out of 6 billion people on earth that thinks this, why are you STILL bothering to debate me?

Living the life, Blackflag.

Way to kill a Sunday. Arguing with the ONLY person in the world who thinks taxes should be raised in a time of war[s]

I also have posted threads in here calling for a $5.00 a gallon tax on most gas purchases, to be used for mass transit, light rail, and alternative fuel research.

See, I think gas is TOO cheap in this country. We're spoiled.

If you've spent any time in Europe, you'd agree.

But then again, there's that pesky Big OIl Lobby to contend with.

Tell us.....

What are YOU going to do with your Bribe?, er....I mean rebate check?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Which begs the question.....

If I'm the only moron out of 6 billion people on earth that thinks this, why are you STILL bothering to debate me?

Living the life, Blackflag.

Way to kill a Sunday. Arguing with the ONLY person in the world who thinks taxes should be raised in a time of war[s]

I also have posted threads in here calling for a $5.00 a gallon tax on most gas purchases, to be used for mass transit, light rail, and alternative fuel research.

See, I think gas is TOO cheap in this country. We're spoiled.

If you've spent any time in Euopre, you'd agree.

But then again, there's that pesky Bi OIl Lobby to contend with.

Tell us.....

What are YOU going to do with your Bribe?, er....I mean rebate check?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

B. Bring a quote. You have no support for that statement.

The majority of consumers saved or paid off a debt rather than spending it," said Matthew Shapiro, professor of economics at University of Michigan, who co-wrote the second report.

10 seconds via Google.

I've read many more.

But then again I ask you....

If I'm so bat-shit wrong, why have you spent so much time arguing this with me?

I answered your question, yet you havent answered mine.

Typical of you.

Comment

• Blackflag
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2006

No Rebate = Raising Taxes

Living the life, Blackflag. Way to kill a Sunday.

I also have posted threads in here calling for a $5.00 a gallon tax on most gas purchases,
                                1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but no rebate = leaving taxes unchanged.

2. That's about it. I busted balls all week and just got back into town, it's raining, so I'm just hanging around.

3. I think raising gas tax is actually a good idea. There's no way you could call that regressive, because working folks don't need gas to get back and forth to work. Also, a huge increase in shipping, trucking, and air travel costs would likely spur business activity. No doubt employment would increase.

I've actually spent a lot of time in Europe, and you're right...western Europe has been an economic powerhouse over the past 20 years.

Comment

Working...