X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by thome
    Then you Ok the Torture of the terrotists and colaborators who performed the first World Trade Center bombing...?

And all the MR'ers, -Your- man Clinton, tortured.

Or were they given CANDY AND A NEW BICYCLE!!!

Next....
    They were tried and convicted under the legitimate Constitutional laws of the United States of America and/or State of New York.

Same with the terrorists who bombed the Murrah Building in OKC. Tried, convicted, and in the case of McVeigh, executed. All under the law, as it should be.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• thome
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Mar 2005

In my best upper Boston Jewish Jackie Mason voice..."If you had a nose like this you would eat ants too".

The only line I ever remember^

Of course it is John Byner doing Jackie but c'mon Mason was the shizz.

YouTube - the Ant and the Aardvark - 03 - The Ant from UNCLE

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        They do it anyways. Then they kill 'em.

Here, we get the intel, they get to have Snickers and coffee, and live to mumble to Mecca one more day.
        I thought you wanted to get American soldiers killed, then taunt their mothers about it, faggot.

Go sell a guitar, retard...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by thome
          We invaded Iraq before all of this retoric posted in all of these torture threads and the events described within, took place.

NEXT
          You are completely wrong.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by swage33
            Un-fucking-believable! I guess they decapitated a journalist because we did. It is delusion of the highest order that would lead you to believe that they will follow our example. They are going to give our guys the worse treatment possible....regardless of our behavior. You are fucking sick if you think these guys even dreamed about reason. They are Arab, Muslim extremists and THEY HATE OUR GUTS! I'll tell you what, sweetie...if they cought you wandering around with the cure in your hand they would KILL YOU. A grown up would get this...I just.....how old are you?

You're a retard. The guys that "decapitated" the journalist and whoever else are pretty much all dead. And the reason many of them were able to kill Americans was because we stupidly invaded Iraq giving them ready access to US troops and contractors...

And don't call me "sweetie," I'm not your sister...

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              You're a retard. The guys that "decapitated" the journalist and whoever else are pretty much all dead. And the reason many of them were able to kill Americans was because we stupidly invaded Iraq giving them ready access to US troops and contractors...

Shirley,.. You Jest..?

We all know why you throw out bait like this, but I will comment anyway.

Well,.... There he goes again, creating the story that terrorism and murdered journalists was created by The BCE.

The Invasion of Iraq happened before 911.

The handgun got up and killed the poor sonovabitch not the psyco terrorist.

If the BCE wouldn't have funded the -Wright Brothers- we wouldn't have to worry about planes flying into buildings.

Haliburton fueled the jets on the runway and left the keys in it.

Next....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Not enough attention from Blaze, Thome? Fuck off...

Comment

• thome
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Mar 2005

Ooochie dat hurtz..

Meester,..Neek Due Freache

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

To say the more active one is in judeo-christian western religious participation... they are more supportive of torture is somewhat misleading and not a clear measurement of the penchant for violence against others.

I think if you take religion out of the poll you'd still get roughly the same percentage of half the population of any demographic supportive of torture under certain conditions.

On the other hand those deeply entrenched in any religion... historically violence against others tends to be quite prevalent. Over the last 5000 year more humans have died as a result of religion than any other motivation.

The current trend of a more secular minded folks are starting to see the intelect in the effectiveness or lack of in violence. Take the religion out and people tend to chill and think stuff out.

The whole debate is an interesting dichotomy... religion tends to support and sell peaceful non-violent coexistance among peoples at it's root. Yet the more deeply committed... most tend to be the most ruthless, violent people on earth.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

The whole debate is an interesting dichotomy... religion tends to support and sell peaceful non-violent coexistance among peoples at it's root. Yet the more deeply committed... most tend to be the most ruthless, violent people on earth.
                      There was a whole History Channel episode on the subject of the Death Penalty and laws of execution, with a number of legal, judicial and psychological experts in the discussion who were interviewed.

Basically, along a broad swatch of society not just those with Judeo-Christian based mores, throughout Western Civilization going back to Greek and Roman times capital punishments and torture purged society of corrupt values and distorted morals such as we see today.

Back then, torture and execution was the accepted expectation of crossing boundaries of behaviour which we're beginning to see a lack of cause-and-effect in the younger generation that lacks both discipline and the reward mechanism of receiving from the results of their efforts.

A recent Sean Hannity interview with the John McCain I watched on Fox News, Sean asked "do you believe in torture when all other forms of interrogation fail" McCain said "I don't believe in it because it is illegal under the Geneva Convention which we're signed on to."

Comment

• swage33
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

don't call me retard, sweetie....I'm not your buddie, Ford.
                        High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• Big Train
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

This study is profiling....and profiling is WRONG. I always wanted to try out a lib saying...might even draw it up on a sign and walk around.

The study's usefulness is based around how the questions and followup questions were posed and answered. Were they comfortable with torture FOR religious reasons (which would say whether or not the correlation means a damn). Secondly, were they more comfortable with the idea as an alternative to murder (which has other religious ramifications)? The article only indicates questions like: Under certain circumstances, are you more comfortable with torture?

It's stupid to use religion as an identifier to make make a comparison. Just as effective might be to say , how do poor people feel about torture? Are the middle class ok with it? You would probably get the same results. But that doesn't move the news needle like attacking people's beliefs does.

I was raised a Protestant, it's our nature to question things, like half-assed studies delivered by half-assed reporters.
                          Last edited by Big Train; 05-03-2009, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Big Train
                            I was raised a Protestant, it's our nature to question things, like half-assed studies delivered by half-assed reporters.
                            But not your nature to question the manner in which your rule book was edited.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

Bronze Star w/ 'V' device winner Joe Galloway unloads on Obama, Pelosi, Bush, Cheney and everyone unwilling to address torture with the same vigor he did to the NVA in the Ia Drang Valley November, 1965

Joseph L. Galloway is a military columnist for McClatchy Newspapers and a former senior military correspondent for Knight Ridder Newspapers; he is co-author of the national best-seller “We Were Soldiers Once … and Young.”

Ledger-Enquirer.com | 05/03/2009 | Washington still dancing the torture minuet

Wrestle with that, chickenhawks!
                              Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-03-2009, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by swage33
                                don't call me retard, sweetie....I'm not your buddie, Ford.

You're right, this is a clear offense to the mentally challenged...

Comment

Working...