Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

HAARP?? Where's Phil The Stalker when you need him?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The only HARP I want to see at the moment is this one.......

And since it's two hours til St. Patrick's day, that sounds like a great idea.....
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Didn't we have a nuclear power thread/discussion several months back?

I wonder how the pro-nuclear power people feel now?
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
          I wonder how the pro-nuclear power people feel now?
          I feel the same way about it as I always have.

How does Glen BecKKK tell you to feel, Forrest?
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

It's starting to look too much like a bad Hollywood b-apocalyptic/zombie movie over there.

And it'll only be a matter of time before the panic, fear and nuclear paranoia will make manifest over here. I's say this is going to be in national headlines starting next week.

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Fallout is a valid concern but the fear mongering media will blow it all out of proportion, as usual.

Instead of the typical blame game going on we should learn how to make Nuclear energy safer.....learn from the mistakes. Seems to me putting the holding tanks on top of the reactor was a bad idea and having the backup power necessary to keep the reactor cool should go without saying. Face it....nuclear power isn't going anywhere. The strides made in the "shelf life" of the waste has been tremendous.....down to 30 years as opposed to thousands of years. Still the biggest problem I've had with nuclear power has been what to do with the waste but to think we'll ever do away with nuclear power is a fantasy.

Nuclear power should just be one small piece of our energy pie. Renewable energy should be our biggest investment in the coming decades......clean coal and fossil fuels will only put a band-aid on the problem and will never be the solution.

The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission sought to tamp down American fears of nuclear fallout, stressing Thursday there was no present radioactive risk to US territory from Japan's quake-stricken atomic reactor.
              "All the available information continues to indicate Hawaii, Alaska, the US Territories and the US West Coast are not expected to experience any harmful levels of radioactivity," the NRC said.
              Link
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If this goes really badly the US and UK will continue to be too scared to build new reactors which is a terrible shame.

People just don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that 24 000 Americans die because of coal reactors EVERY year.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Nor do they understand that coal and the likes pollute our country far more than cars do!

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                    Face it....nuclear power isn't going anywhere.
                    It's only going to increase -especially in third world nations in the near future. The demand for energy is immense simply because if you look at what sells in the marketplace it's plasma tv's computers, washing machines - products that consume energy. Most of America's coal-fired plants are obsolete and under-funded for repairs which leads to gas-fired plants that are more expensive to operate which has lead to a whole coal vs gas debate among who robs of the consumer's pocketbook during cold winter months. The only viable and immediate alternative is nuclear power plants and what gets me is that no one seems to bitch as long as they have an outlet to plug their computer into but once a disaster such as Fukushima happens people knee-jerk in response to have them either inspected (which most already are), or shut down - but of course, still want to watch football on the plasma every Sunday.

Green technology such as windmills or solar farms are not yet feasible to meet the onslaught of energy demand - it has to less than 1 to 2%. Most "energy experts" (whoever they are) are stating what needs to happen is the psychology in how we use power in order for it to sustain itself. I'm not talking about those squirley light bulbs or that fact that your computer monitor is Energy Star rated but where that electricity to run it comes from and to accept it as the only alternative. Don't be surprised if in the next 20 years you start to see nuclear plants growing faster than Walmarts in your back yard.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

God damn it. When did I start talking like NitroExpress?

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

When you ran out of lesbian movies to watch and got bored ??

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          The only HARP I want to see at the moment is this one.......

And since it's two hours til St. Patrick's day, that sounds like a great idea.....
                          Ha! I just had some on tap at the local bar and grill. I'm wearing my green Converse Allstars too.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                            God damn it. When did I start talking like NitroExpress?
                            I was in Englewood not too long ago. You must have inhaled my radiation.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

They just need to build state of the art coal power plants. I have a friend working on his PHD he's doing his dissertation on clean coal. There is all sorts of technology there that makes the whole coal combustion process cleaner. It's a hell of a lot less damaging than fracking wells for natural gas. A coal plant also doesn't contaminate the soil and air with cesium and radiation if shit happens.
                              Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-17-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

The freaks don't want to hear that Nitro...

Comment

Working...