X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    I have very mixed feelings for this "victory" for Obama. Firstly, it is no more Obamacare than it's GOP-Congresscare and there are a lot of provisions in this thing that are blatant giveaways to the insurance industry...
    Maybe it's a stepping stone to a proper system though?

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

For all of Fox News and their jack-booted lackeys in Washington and the people they have tried to brainwash:

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        No surprise from a Supreme Court that sides with corporations. That's who wrote the healthcare bill or may I say the largest tax increase in US history. The screwball thing about the mandate is employers will drop their employees from the insurance and pay the fine because it will be cheaper. So more people will lose their health coverage.

Actually, since everyone will have access to healthcare (like the Developed nations have unlike the 3rd world USA), they drop from their "oh so good" employer plans and into the national pool, strengthening the whole national pool, which will have lower premiums for them then they had under their employer plan. Sorry, I worked in Insurance.....the Health Care side explained all this.... Even our Brokerage there found the employer health care plans unworkable.

And having lived in Europe, I know their health care is 10X better than the American System, despite what Rush (who has never lived in Europe) and all the others who have never tried it, bullshit about it, thereby keeping their Red State believers sick and poor.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

US Defence spending has doubled in the last 12 years from a point that was already insanely high.

Stop borrowing money to kill people you don't know for reasons that you don't understand and you can have as much Obamacare as you want.

Have you politicians bribed with campaign contributions from people who want to build hospitals instead of weapons, move jobs from defence contractors to healthcare providers.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-28-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The problem with a socialized military is that there are lots of people who don't contribute to the cost of bombing people.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              The problem with a socialized military is that there are lots of people who don't contribute to the cost of bombing people.
              I'll repeat it - You have the kids of those making those decisions participate in the fighting, you won't have nearly as many wars....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                Blame your boy John Roberts, he ended up being the swing vote....
                ...just as I predicted he would be.

Opie Roberts has ALWAYS taken the side of corporatism. And what could be more corporatist than mandates payments to the insurance industry?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  I'll repeat it - You have the kids of those making those decisions participate in the fighting, you won't have nearly as many wars....
                  I think at this point we've all been repeating ourselves for a few years now...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                    The Randtard speaketh...

Sen. Rand Paul says Supreme Court isn't the boss of what's constitutional

Idiot Sen. Rand Paul (Gage Skidmore/Flickr ) The wisdom of Sen. (no, really, the guy's a senator) Rand Paul : Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be ‘...

The wisdom of Sen. (no, really, the guy's a senator) Rand Paul:

Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be ‘constitutional’ does not make it so. The whole thing remains unconstitutional. While the court may have erroneously come to the conclusion that the law is allowable, it certainly does nothing to make this mandate or government takeover of our health care right
                    Yeah, just because the Supreme Court decided something was constitutional doesn't make it so! It's Rand Paul who decides that! It's not some stuffy board that says Rand Paul is an opthalmologist, Rand Paul will decide whether or not he's an opthalmologist! He'll tell you, damn it! It's in the Constitution! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Just because something's a flapjack doesn't make it a porcupine! Get me my Constitution-writing pen!
                    Isn't there some crash course that new senators get in what the Constitution is, who decides these sorts of things, and so on? Seems like there should be a crash course.
                    That color is impossible to read on tapatalk. You're going to make me go blind.
                    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Oh, got a good laugh out of this one.....

John Roberts Outrages Conservatives In Health Care Ruling
                      Posted: 06/28/2012 1:50 pm Updated: 06/28/2012 2:05 pm

In his majority 5-4 opinion on Thursday, Chief Justice John Roberts upheld the constitutionality of the signature domestic policy achievement of President Barack Obama's administration, the Affordable Care Act. In doing so, he and his court earned the ire of conservatives.

"This was an activist court that you saw today," Tea Party favorite Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) told reporters. "Anytime the Supreme Court renders something constitutional that is clearly unconstitutional, that undermines the credibility of the Supreme Court. I do believe the court's credibility was undermined severely today," she said, later adding that Congress could now force you to buy Ikea furniture.

"The Supreme Court has abandoned us," Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) said.

"Today’s decision by the Supreme Court of the United States is simply disappointing," Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) said. "I stand with Justice Kennedy that the entire act should have been held invalid."

Outrage over Roberts' decision also blew up online. Former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer tweeted, "I miss Justice Harriet Miers," referring to the nominee who withdrew after being questioned by conservatives. Rep. Dennis Ross (R-Fla.) tweeted that he was "truly disappointed in Justice Roberts and others who allowed this assault on the Republic stand" -- and later deleted the tweet. Conservative writer Ben Shapiro tweeted, "Chief Justice Roberts was the worst part of the Bush legacy."

The sentiment was mirrored in the press, with The Daily Caller splashing: "ROBERTS REVOLTS! Chief Justice Roberts swings left." Founder and president of the Media Research Center Brent Bozell told the conservative online publication: "His reputation is forever stained in the eyes of conservatives, and there will be no rehabilitating of it. He will be seen as a traitor to his philosophy.”

Roberts began serving on the court in 2005, after being nominated at the young age of 50 by President George W. Bush. His court has previously ruled to ease campaign contribution limits, strike down D.C.'s gun control law and allow evidence obtained from unlawful arrests to be used in court -- decisions that outraged liberals.

But Roberts did not abandon all conservative legal arguments. He defended the individual mandate as a tax, but did reject the Obama administration's defense of it under the commerce clause.

"The individual mandate, however, does not regulate existing commercial activity. It instead compels individuals to become active in commerce by purchasing a product, on the ground that their failure to do so affects interstate commerce," he wrote. "Construing the Commerce Clause to permit Congress to regulate individuals precisely because they are doing nothing would open a new and potentially vast domain to congressional authority."

He later remarked, adopting a line from Justice Antonin Scalia in oral arguments, "Under the Government’s theory, Congress could address the diet problem by ordering everyone to buy vegetables."

Ultimately, however, Roberts sided against conservatives and upheld Obama's foremost domestic policy.

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

And now that I read the snippet, what was the context? What were the rest of the remarks?
                        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          It's exactly that.

The largest tax increase in US history.

"ruling that its key provision – an “individual mandate” to buy health insurance – is constitutional under Congress’s taxing authority." LINK

I wonder how The Obama campaign ads will spin that? The Romney campaign just got resupplied some potent ammunition. Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax
                          Actually, the fact that Opie Roberts is calling this a "tax" DOES raise an interesting issue.....

How the FUCK can the Supreme Court demand that a tax is paid to a predatory private corporation? Obvious answer: They can't.

Now on the other hand, a tax paid to the Federal Government for this purpose would be absolutely legal.

In spite of his own corporatist shilling, Opie Roberts just made a great case for why we need a national single payer, Medicare for all solution.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

You're full of shit, FORD...

Medicare is corrupt on so many levels...

It's the main reason healthcare is already sky high...

And this IS a tax paid to corporations, insurance companies and banks...

And now that we're over this bridge the nanny state will use this legislation to force the citizens to do basically anything they can dream up...

BTW, I thought you said you were done with the liberal party and the left / right propaganda bullshit ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Ron Paul comments on Supreme Court health care ruling

Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul issued a statement on Thursday, criticizing a U.S. Supreme Court ruling upholding the constitutionality of President Obama’s health care law.

“I strongly disagree with today’s decision by the Supreme Court, but I am not surprised. The Court has a dismal record when it comes to protecting liberty against unconstitutional excesses by Congress,” said Mr. Paul.

The Texas Republican said that Thursday’s ruling affirming the constitutionality of the health care measure would likely serve as the latest form of government intrusion, a move Mr. Paul has adamently opposed in the past.

“Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a ‘mandate.’ The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t,” said the Texas Republican. “The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.”

Mr. Paul, who remains in the race for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, has campaigned heavily against Mr. Obama’s key legislative accomplishment. Speaking Thursday, Mr. Paul told supporters that they should continue to work to oppose the health care law, saying it should be repealed and reformed.

“Those of us in Congress who believe in individual liberty must work tirelessly to repeal this national health care law and reduce federal involvement in healthcare generally. Obamacare can only increase third party interference in the doctor-patient relationship, increase costs, and reduce the quality of care,” said Mr. Paul “Only free market medicine can restore the critical independence of doctors, reduce costs through real competition and price sensitivity, and eliminate enormous paperwork burdens. Americans will opt out of Obamacare with or without Congress, but we can seize the opportunity today by crafting the legal framework to allow them to do so.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

You knew it was coming....

Former GOP Spokesman: 'Is Armed Rebellion Now Justified?'

Lansing attorney does not like Supreme Court Obamacare ruling
                                By TOM GANTERT | June 28, 2012 Follow Tom Gantert on Twitter

Matt Davis
                                The former spokesman for the Michigan Republican Party sent out an email that said armed rebellion was justified over the Supreme Court ruling upholding Obamacare.

Matthew Davis, an attorney in Lansing, sent the email moments after the Supreme Court ruling to numerous new media outlets and limited government activists with the headline: “Is Armed Rebellion Now Justified?”

Davis added his own personal note saying, “… here’s my response. And yes, I mean it.”

“There are times government has to do things to get what it wants and holds a gun to your head," Davis said. "I’m saying at some point, we have to ask the question when do we turn that gun around and say no and resist.

"Was the American Revolution justified?”

When contacted, Davis said the key word was “justified.” He compared armed rebellion to a situation where the government cannot get your money by way of liens or seizure of bank accounts is coming to arrest you for not paying an unconstitutional tax.

“You can’t have people walking with lattes and signs and think the object of your opposition is going to take you seriously,” Davis said. “Armed rebellion is the end point of that physical confrontation.”

Here’s his email:

Is Armed Rebellion Now Justified?

Implicit in Benjamin Franklin's fabled response at the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention was a dire warning: That the Republic would one day devolve into tyranny unless we the people prevented it.

In 2008, we the people elected Barack Obama as president, and the 100-year progressive trek to tyranny begun in 1912 with Woodrow Wilson's election was complete. It cannot be said too many times — for the purposes of emphasis and clarity — that the Constitution was possible ONLY AFTER the American Revolution; and that the war itself would not have been possible without the collective agreement, as so eloquently articulated in the Declaration of Independence, that the course of human events will sometimes justify one group of people to sever themselves from their oppressors.

In other words, America itself was possible only after its people summoned the will to risk their lives and their futures — as well as those of their children — for a freedom they did not enjoy but knew was their gift from God. Along with their desire to be free came their willingness to engaged in armed rebellion for their freedom.

If government can mandate that I pay for something I don't want, then what is beyond its power? If the Supreme Court's decision Thursday paves the way for unprecedented intrusion into personal decisions, then has the Republic all but ceased to exist? If so, then is armed rebellion today justified?

God willing, this oppression will be lifted and America free again before the first shot is fired.

Comment

Working...