Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I should clarify that most of the obese people I know are not very well off (not that I'm keeping score, it's all relative anyway) and they live off high fructose corn syrup and genetically modified food and unfortunately can't be told anything, and that's fine I guess. I'm not trying to generalize though or imply someone else's experiences are invalid.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
      I should clarify that most of the obese people I know are not very well off (not that I'm keeping score, it's all relative anyway) and they live off high fructose corn syrup and genetically modified food and unfortunately can't be told anything, and that's fine I guess. I'm not trying to generalize though or imply someone else's experiences are invalid.
      Exactly.....

Rich people who are fat are only that way because they choose to be. They can afford to eat better and avoid high fructose corn poison and other chemical additives in crap food which make you fat.

Now as far as people who can't drive in snow, the obvious answer to that would be Californians. Hell, some of them haven't learned to drive in the RAIN yet!

Seriously, I remember one heavy snowstorm here a few years back. Traffic moving ridiculously slow under these conditions. I'm on a three lane road and I see the cars in all three lanes in front of me have "foreign" license plates.

Lane 1 - California. Oh shit.
      Lane 2 - Arizona. Crap.... well maybe the dude's from Flagstaff or somewhere else up north, where it actually snows, but why chance it..
      Lane 3 - Colorado....... yeah Rocky Mountains.... this guy knows what he's doing.

Sure enough..... me and the Colorado dude got way out ahead of the rest of the snow-phobic pack.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I've lived in ski resort towns most my life and then I lived in upstate New York in the snow belt. So I have done a fair amount of driving in the snow. The scariest snow driving experience is when we were going to Seattle to spend the holidays with my wife's family. Snoquamie pass was solid ice and people were doing 80mph down it! Cars sliding and crashing everywhere. The Seattle area was so bad. My sister lived up in Pine Lake on the Redmond plataue just east of Lake Samamish and the road was so slick I was spinning my Goodyear Wranger tires in four wheel drive. I locked the brakes and the my truck was just sliding down the hill backwards.

I'm going to Bellevue to the mall there to buy some Christmas presents and people are just driving fast as hell on I-90. People have chains on and they are driving like 70-80 MPH and on some cars the chains had come loose and they were just beating the wheel well. I was just happy I didn't get in pile up that day. The problem is in Seattle it rains, that freezes and then it snows on that. Then of course there is no sand for traction and lot's of idiots on the road and it's hellish winter driving.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I was driving home from San Fransisco and I'm going through Sacramento. On I-80 if you get in the left lane thinking that is going to go straight it doesn't. The right lane goes straight and the left lane goes to Placerville and the Sacramento business loop. So I'm on the Sacramento business loop in rush hour traffic and it's raining cats and dogs. Cars are sliding and crashing all over the place. I want to get up and over Donner's pass and to Reno before dark and now I'm stuck with a bunch of idiots crashing all over the place because they don't understand fresh rain on a oil covered road can be slick as ice. Slow down assholes!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah... when it snows in the Pacific Northwest, there's always some amusing footage on the news of idiots who think they can drive on hills that haven't been plowed, sanded, or anything. In Olympia, they don't even bother with the worst hills. People who have lived here long enough know better than to drive on those streets, but they started putting up barricades for the benefit of the newer residents.

But compact ice.... there ain't nothing that makes that easy to drive on.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

It doesn't cost anymore to eat healthy. It can actually save you money. The processed foods are actually more expensive than the healthy food is. Of course you can spend premium for the so called organic stuff but a lot of that is marketing. Gardens are pretty cheap. It's all about being informed and knowing where to get your food. Dirt and shit and some seeds are pretty cheap.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

But to get back on topic.....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  But to get back on topic.....
                  I agree. Wisconsin sucks. What a painful place to ever live. And not painful in a tie me up daddy and spank me with your belt because I've been a naughty girl painful kind of way, but more of a toothache in your heel (to quote a Dylan line) kind of way.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Wisconsin has certainly taken a turn for the worse since the KKKoch Brothers took over the state.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Are Buffalo and Cleveland "rich" cities? There certainly is money here along with a fading middle class. But stereotyping people is sort of the first step towards herding them into murder-showers...
                      Here, the money doesn't live in Cleveland. The money lives AROUND Cleveland. Sure, the new owner of the Browns bought a house on the lake not far from the stadium for $4.1 million, but most of the players live on the west side, mostly in Westlake. Others have lived just south of Cleveland proper, in Chagrin Falls and Moreland Hills, and a few further out in the sticks where I used to live.

The only reason I'm looking forward to snow this year is so I can try out the new tires on my Jeep. My little village does a good job with the snow removal, and if they didn't it wouldn't stop me.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The Roth Army Disaster Relief Thread

With Hurricane Sandy bearing down on the East Coast with the possibility of an extended power outage for much of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions of the U.S., maybe this ain't a bad idea?

American Red Cross Link Here

They also have an App on their main site for donations: http://www.redcross.org/

Please post links for reputable international relief agencies to help in the Caribbean as well...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Here, the money doesn't live in Cleveland. The money lives AROUND Cleveland. Sure, the new owner of the Browns bought a house on the lake not far from the stadium for $4.1 million, but most of the players live on the west side, mostly in Westlake. Others have lived just south of Cleveland proper, in Chagrin Falls and Moreland Hills, and a few further out in the sticks where I used to live.

The only reason I'm looking forward to snow this year is so I can try out the new tires on my Jeep. My little village does a good job with the snow removal, and if they didn't it wouldn't stop me.
                          Same here for the most part, although there has been a movement of many to move back into the city in various high end apartment conversion projects and buying up some of the old money mansions that exist from the turn-of-the-previous-centuries. I'm looking into going downtown once things get settled a bit...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Its gonna be bad..We had a " derichio" wind storm here a month or so back..no power for a week and longer in some areas. 74 mph winds for a few hours..this one is gonna last days.Im inland a bit so maybe we get lucky this time.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This might be the first actual "Tropical Storm" that hits Buffalo in my lifetime. We usually get the tired and pissed out leftovers with some rain, this might roar through PA at full force and they're saying our power might be out along with everyone else. Then again, it might piss itself out before it hits here Tuesday. But I'm stocking up on canned goods today...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

But again, to get back on topic....

The victims of Sandy will find it a blessing in disguise that the storm happened prior to the election, 'cause if Romney actually wins, you can kiss FEMA goodbye.....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...