Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

The Weather Channel is reporting that millions of homes and businesses are without power, with no clue as to when it will be restored. Hang in there folks.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Man just watched the news it looks horrendous , take care folks .
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Romney has rescheduled his visit here to the Ampitheater for Thursday night.... Literally a stone's throw from my house....

And no, I'm not going...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Romney has rescheduled his visit here to the Ampitheater for Thursday night.... Literally a stone's throw from my house....

And no, I'm not going...
          Ah but will this preclude you from throwing stones..?
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            Ah but will this preclude you from throwing stones..?
            Fuck them, I won't be anywhere near them....
            Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 10-30-2012, 01:45 PM.

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

This is, well, I was gonna say unbelievable, but then again, nothing is nowadays....

‘Heckuva job Brownie’ rips Obama for moving too fast on Hurricane Sandy
              Aliyah Frumin
              2:33 pm on 10/30/2012

Michael Brown doesn’t think President Obama is doing a ‘heckuva job.’ The problem, says Brownie? Obama’s disaster relief efforts are moving too fast.

George W. Bush’s FEMA director, who was ruthlessly mocked after the GOP president congratulated him for doing a ‘heck of a job’ while New Orleans sank in Hurricane Katrina’s aftermath, is no fan of the current president’s widely-praised response to Hurricane Sandy.

Brown spoke to the Denver Westward on Monday before Hurricane Sandy picked up speed, arguing Obama was acting with too much haste.

“One thing he’s gonna be asked is why did he jump on [the hurricane] so quickly and go back to D.C. so quickly when in … Benghazi, he went to Las Vegas?” Brown asked, referring to the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya, which left four Americans dead. “Why was this so quick? … At some point, somebody’s going to ask that question….This is like the inverse of Benghazi.”

Brown—who resigned amid accusations that he acted too slowly after Katrina, leaving thousands of New Orleans residents in harm’s way—charged that Obama’s Sunday press conference warning about the seriousness of the hurricane was merely political.

“My guess is, he wants to get ahead of it—he doesn’t want anybody to accuse him of not being on top of it or not paying attention or playing politics in the middle of it,” he says. “He probably figured Sunday was a good day to do a press conference.”

Obama, of course, has canceled all of his campaign appearances through Wednesday to deal with deadly Hurricane Sandy’s aftermath. So far, he has been praised for his reaction by Democrats and Republicans alike.
              Mitt Romney held a “disaster relief” event in Ohio Tuesday, which looked to many reporters very much like a campaign rally.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Brownie is a complete douchebag.. He's doing hate radio in Denver now. Guess even the Arabian horse people didn't want him back.

Meanwhile, maybe the most ironic thing about this whole storm so far is that KKKochwhore Chris Christie has completely gone off his usual script and is now bragging about talking to the President three times a day and getting help from FEMA.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Hate radio ??

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Calling Brownie a "douchebag" is an insult to all douchebags. He's scum. Yeah, the POTUS should've waited for bodies to start floating around NY & NJ....
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

Myself, and i know i can speak for Elvis, can truly understand what those that live up there are going through. Think about this though. We get this shit every yr. from a cat 1 to cat 4 storms. I can't stand a fucking hurricane no matter where they hit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                        Myself, and i know i can speak for Elvis, can truly understand what those that live up there are going through. Think about this though. We get this shit every yr. from a cat 1 to cat 4 storms. I can't stand a fucking hurricane no matter where they hit.
                        I was thinking the same thing this afternoon....

The damage in NJ/NYC is catastrophic, yes, but like you said, these storms hit the Southeast every year..... But it sure as hell appears that BECAUSE it's in NJ/NYC, the media attention is ten-fold....

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Two days after, I gotta say this:

For me, Sandy was like a lot of women I know...a whole lotta talk and not much action!
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Thought u were gonna say wet and wild
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Oh for fuck's sake....

Romney bought $5k of food for people to “donate” back to him at phony “hurricane” rally
                              10/31/2012 9:53am by John Aravosis

But the last-minute nature of the call for donations left some in the campaign concerned that they would end up with an empty truck. So the night before the event, campaign aides went to a local Wal Mart and spent $5,000 on granola bars, canned food, and diapers to put on display while they waited for donations to come in, according to one staffer. (The campaign confirmed that it “did donate supplies to the relief effort,” but would not specify how much it spent.)

Empty-handed supporters pled for entrance, with one woman asking, “What if we dropped off our donations up front?”The volunteer gestured toward a pile of groceries conveniently stacked near the candidate. “Just grab something,” he said.

Two teenage boys retrieved a jar of peanut butter each, and got in line. When it was their turn, they handed their “donations” to Romney. He took them, smiled, and offered an earnest “Thank you.”

No relief for you!

We’ve all been through it before. Grandma’s getting old. Mom goes and buys grandma’s Christmas gifts, or maybe mom even gives you a 20 and tells you to buy yourself something from grandma, then wrap it up for Christmas eve – and make sure you look surprised when you unwrap your gift in front of grandma!

And that’s okay, cuz grandma’s 90 years old and has a hard time getting around.

What’s Mitt Romney’s excuse?

Team Romney Admits “Relief” Event Was Staged for Political Reasons

I also found this part of the story fascinating. The Romney campaign admits that the intent behind the rally was swing state election visibility, not hurricane relief:

But Boston wasn’t quite ready to lose a full day of swing state visibility with a week left in the race. So, after some deliberation, the campaign decided to use their existing venue in Ohio to stage a makeshift, and nonpartisan, humanitarian project. It would be a way for Romney to show leadership — and get on the local news — without looking craven or opportunistic.

They weren’t willing to lose a day’s visibility in a swing state, so they came up with the event and crafted it in a way that would still get them political benefit, but would camouflage the intent. So, as I predicted, Team Romney saw Hurricane Sandy – saw the imminent peril of tens of millions of Americans – as a political “opportunity” to exploit.

And keep mind, the Red Cross doesn’t want these “donations.” The Red Cross specifically says on its Web site NOT to give it donations of goods. It needs money and blood donations. When people send goods, it requires staff time to go through, distribute them, etc – time that is better spent working on more efficient means of helping disaster victims. And I quote from the Red Cross Web site:

Unfortunately, due to logistical constraints the Red Cross does not accept or solicit individual donations or collections of items. Items such as collected food, used clothing and shoes must be sorted, cleaned, repackaged and transported which impedes the valuable resources of money, time, and personnel.

It’s the “Chinese Jeeps” of Charity Events!

Mitt Romney spent $5,000 on a political stunt when he should have simply donated the $5,000 to the Red Cross. But had he donated the money, it wouldn’t have been nearly as good a PR event, and remember, with Mitt Romney, it’s not about helping people – it’s about fueling his ambition.

Need more proof? Jennyjinx on Twitter just noted the following:

@aravosis Why couldn’t Romney have asked his supporters to write a check or plop money in a can?

The Romney people decided that you “had” to have food in hand in hand to donate, or they wouldn’t let you in. But if you didn’t have any food, they’d give you some food they bought – food the Red Cross doesn’t want. Why didn’t the Romney people at the very least ask people who didn’t bring food to write a check, or donate cash? They could have a laptop sitting there with a connection to the Internet, and people could have donated to the Red Cross via the Red Cross’ own Web site. But they didn’t. Because this event wasn’t about helping the Red Cross or Hurricane Sandy’s victims.

How long until Romney voters try to destroy this charity as well? Then again, by intentionally impeding the Red Cross’ hurricane relief work, they’re already off to a good start.

No TV cameras allowed. But, what – you say – the President isn’t trying to make hurricane relief a partisan media spectacle of opportunity? Clearly, un-American.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

BFD.

Like Obozo's photo-op in NY wasn't staged for political reasons. Then the Teleprompter-in-Chioef flew off to Vegas to party with Jay-Z after getting his hands dirty mingling with the "little people."

Besides, how much money do you suppose Obozo and that cheap-assed Biden donated? I'll bet not one thin dime.
                                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...