Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

So the President is now going to ask for Congressional approval to act on Syria, although he admitted he's made his decision and wants to act.

I applaud this.

Let the Democracy do what it's there for, although I continue to be pissed that the United States hasn't formally declared war since 1942, not that has stopped about a dozen "wars" since then.....

So now the question becomes, will the Republicans, who've never seen a war they didn't love, stay on political lines and vote no to spite Obama ??
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

I doubt it, but let's hope the republicans spite him and enough democrats have sense to tell him no. And let's hope he abides by their decision.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's a weird situation because there isn't really a partisan divide on this. Many Republicans are both for and against a strike as are many Democrats. It should be a very interesting debate...

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

MSNBC has a "special report" on right now, featuring the "balanced" panel of Mrs. Alan Greenspan, Chuck Fraud, and Douche Gregory.

Last hour they had that ugly assed Frankenstein looking PNAC war criminal Mark Ginsberg blabbing away.

And this is the supposed "liberal" channel??
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's already all over CNN with the constant speculation and redundant factoids...

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

My take on Obamas speech today.

He wants to act tough, but wants congress to vote NO to bail him out of this jam.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist

He wants to act tough, but wants congress to vote NO to bail him out of this jam.

Act tough? Bail him out?

That couldn't be further from the truth....

He's "acting tough" because he wants to take action for a chemical attack that killed not only 1400 people but over 400 children ??

You know, I didn't want to go down this road, but fuck it....

If this happened during a Bush or Reagan administration, right wingers in Congress would be lapping this shit up.... Everyone knows it.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't think they're going too. I disagree, I think he wants to bomb. But the UK Parliament's rejection of any military action has put him in a bind...

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Act tough? Bail him out?

He's "acting tough" because he wants to take action for a chemical attack that killed not only 1400 people but over 400 children ??

If this happened during a Bush or Reagan administration, right wingers in Congress would be lapping this shit up.... Everyone knows it.....

Well here's the rub. We did lap it up, and got burned bad not all that long ago. And that was from a President that we figured would be ready for war. Now we are getting the same story from a Peace Prize winner? Someone who did nothing but slam the last President for doing the same things he is doing now. The hypocrisy is astounding. As for 1400 I'm not sold on that number. The Doctors Without Borders were saying 375 or something similar. Doesn't mean that a smaller number is better, it just means that no one really has a fucking clue what is really going on right now.

Obama made a red line he thought Assad wouldn't cross. It now appears it was crossed and Obama has no choice but to follow through. He does not want to but must. Therefore he says he wants to attack yet another country, but will allow congress to vote. That way when congress says no he won't look like a liar making fake red lines.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• WACF
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Act tough? Bail him out?

There is a real rub here...

Is it then Okay to just Burn, Rape, Torture, Shoot, Shell or Bomb the same people?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Someone who did nothing but slam the last President for doing the same things he is doing now. The hypocrisy is astounding.
                        The same thing?

Completely fabricating evidence for a war that killed 4,500 Americans, not to mention hundreds of thousands of Iraqis is equivalent to the launching of a chemical attack ??

Come on man......

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

The same thing?

Completely fabricating evidence for a war that killed 4,500 Americans, not to mention hundreds of thousands of Iraqis is equivalent to the launching of a chemical attack ??

Come on man......

Sure feels the same. That's all I'm saying. Who knows what poking at Syria will lead to. Very well could lead to us getting entrenched in another 10 year shit hole where we don't belong. But when John Kerry is selling us on what happened, I have flashbacks of Colin Powell doing the same thing.

I said this before somewhere around here, but we need to be the fuck out of the middle east. These civil wars are older than our constitution and in many cases our bible. Not our fucking place to be involved. And why is it if some country does something bad it's our job to punish them? That thinking is bad. We should be punishing countries that do something bad to us.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Sure feels the same. That's all I'm saying. Who knows what poking at Syria will lead to. Very well could lead to us getting entrenched in another 10 year shit hole where we don't belong. But when John Kerry is selling us on what happened, I have flashbacks of Colin Powell doing the same thing.

I said this before somewhere around here, but we need to be the fuck out of the middle east. These civil wars are older than our constitution and in many cases our bible. Not our fucking place to be involved. And why is it if some country does something bad it's our job to punish them? That thinking is bad. We should be punishing countries that do something bad to us.

Well, if you're going to immediately believe that Kerry is purposely lying and compare that to what Powell did, then any further debate is futile.....

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Well, if you're going to immediately believe that Kerry is purposely lying and compare that to what Powell did, then any further debate is futile.....

I don't think Colin was lying purposely either. I think he was believing the WRONG information given to him at the time.

Anyways....

Say we send in 100 cruise missiles. Then what? Syria will be broken & the rebels will have a surge & make a push to overthrow Assad? Great movie ending. Lemme tell you what is really gonna happen.

Syria will launch a barrage of missiles in to Israel. Iran may also assist them as will Hezbollah. Israel goes full strike mode, we are their top ally and assist them. Now we got Russia supporting Iran & Syria. We may be looking at a humongous full blown war unlike Iraq or Afghanistan ever were.

This is gonna open a nasty can of worms.

Who are our allies that want us to succeed against Assad? France, Hamas, Al Qaeda. Hmmm......

So what is Obamas plan after we strike? I wanna hear him talk about what he believes Syria will do AFTER we shoot in a bunch of strategic missiles. What's the end game here? I don't wanna know just what we are doing in the first quarter, I want the whole game plan.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually, Judas's little speech kinda sounded more like Rummy than Powell, when he claimed they know all the who when where why and what about this attack. Reminded me of this bullshit......

"We know where the weapons of mass destruction are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat."
                                At least Judas didn't bring up the known unknowns, or the unknown knowns, or all that other shit that Rummy did........
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...