WTF Kansas....and Arizona.....and Missouri.....and Georgia....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    No I wouldn't, because then you wouldn't posting bullshit on the internet morning, noon, and night...
    If I didn't you wouldn't have anything to bitch about. You don't give a fuck what I think about anything you just reply to my posts because you like talking shit about me.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
      If I didn't you wouldn't have anything to bitch about. You don't give a fuck what I think about anything you just reply to my posts because you like talking shit about me.
      Oh for FFS grab a Kleenex already! I'm glad you "hate" liberals actually!

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

I guess the Kansas hates fags story got lost somehow. I think it's stupid no matter who's behind it. Liberals and conservatives are the same thing. Someone who wants everyone else to think or act like they do.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Well people, you are witnessing the beginnings of the end of the Republican Party:

The Republican-dominated Arizona state Senate passed a bill on Wednesday designed to provide legal cover for businesses that refuse to serve LGBT people.

KPHO in Phoenix reported that bill sponsor Sen. Steve Yarbrough (R) claims that the legislation protects the “religious freedom” of private business owners, but critics of the measure say that conservatives are attempting to codify bigotry into law.

Yarbrough proposed an earlier draft of the bill in January, but legal experts warned that as written, the bill could potentially discriminate against single women and individuals who do not practice the Christian faith.

Across the country, same-sex couples are gaining the right to marry. Alarmed that same-sex couples will attempt to pay them to practice their professions, Christian bakers, wedding photographers, florists and other professionals have drawn a line in the sand, refusing on the basis of “conscience” to provide the goods and services they freely supply to the rest of the population.

Conservative lawmakers in several states have rushed to the beleaguered business owners’ aid by attempting to pass laws that allow them to legally refuse to perform their jobs if they are doing so on the basis of “sincerely held religious beliefs.”

The bills follow a pattern established by retrogressive lawmakers in multiple states — including Idaho, Tennessee and Kansas — who are attempting to throw hurdles into the path of marriage equality. Rather than openly declare their anti-LGBT intentions, right-wing lawmakers and operatives have cloaked their prejudiced agenda in the guise of a quest to protect Christians’ “religious freedom.”

On Tuesday, however, Republican lawmakers in four states saw major setbacks in their attempts to pass these types of exclusionary laws.

Facing intense pushback from colleagues and constituents, GOP lawmakers have voted down, withdrawn or backtracked on their proposed anti-LGBT laws in Kansas, Idaho, South Dakota and Tennessee.

Freedom to Marry president Evan Wolfson told BuzzFeed, “Our opponents have lost the argument about gay people, they’ve lost the argument about marriage and all they have left is distractions, diversions, and desperate attempts to carve out the license to discriminate as they have tried in every other civil rights chapter in our nation’s history.”

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Well, that pretty much confirms that this is another KKKoch Brothers/ALEC scam.

There's no goddamned way that this shit starts up in three different red states within the same week without it being scripted.
            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
              Well, that pretty much confirms that this is another KKKoch Brothers/ALEC scam.

There's no goddamned way that this shit starts up in three different red states within the same week without it being scripted.
              And it's not just the red states. The fucking teabagging bastards are even trying it here in Washington State.

Granted, it will never pass the state senate, and Inslee would definitely veto it, in the microscopically small chance that it did, but the fact that it even exists, prove that it's boiler plate KKKoch/ALEC bullshit.......
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

BTW, that's from Rocco's Pizza in Tucson.....

Great Chicago deep dish there, but they make the other kind too.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

The Daily Show Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook

Comment

• Satan
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Captain Hikaru Sulu Comments on the Arizona Bigotry Bill

February 21, 2014 By George Takei

Dear Arizona,

Congratulations. You are now the first state actually to pass a bill permitting businesses–even those open to the public–to refuse to provide service to LGBT people based on an individual’s “sincerely held religious belief.” This “turn away the gay” bill enshrines discrimination into the law. Your taxi drivers can refuse to carry us. Your hotels can refuse to house us. And your restaurants can refuse to serve us.

Kansas tried to pass a similar law, but had the good sense to not let it come up for a vote. The quashing came only after the Kansas Chamber of Commerce and other traditional conservative groups came out strongly against the bill.

But not you, Arizona. You’re willing to ostracize and marginalize LGBT people to score political points with the extreme right of the Republican Party. You say this bill protects “religious freedom,” but no one is fooled. When I was younger, people used “God’s Will” as a reason to keep the races separate, too. Make no mistake, this is the new segregation, yours is a Jim Crow law, and you are about to make yourself ground zero.

This bill also saddens me deeply. Brad and I have strong ties to Arizona. Brad was born in Phoenix, and we vacation in Show Low. We have close friends and relatives in the state and spend weeks there annually. We even attended the Fourth of July Parade in Show Low in 2012, looking like a pair of Arizona ranchers.

The law is breathtaking in its scope. It gives bigotry against us gays and lesbians a powerful and unprecedented weapon. But your mean-spirited representatives and senators know this. They also know that it is going to be struck down eventually by the courts. But they passed it anyway, just to make their hateful opinion of us crystal clear.

So let me make mine just as clear. If your Governor Jan Brewer signs this repugnant bill into law, make no mistake. We will not come. We will not spend. And we will urge everyone we know–from large corporations to small families on vacation–to boycott. Because you don’t deserve our dollars. Not one red cent.

And maybe you just never learn. In 1989, you voted down recognition of the Martin Luther King holiday, and as a result, conventions and tourists boycotted the state, and the NFL moved the Superbowl to Pasadena. That was a $500 million mistake.

So if our appeals to equality, fairness, and our basic right to live in a civil society without doors being slammed in our face for being who we are don’t move you, I’ll bet a big hit to your pocketbook and state coffers will.

George Takei
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

OK, now this is just ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that only about 6.66% of my demons are gay, and none of them are on Obama's payroll...........

Comment

Working...