Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Almost two-thirds of Scots think immigration should be cut, with women and older people more likely to be opposed to it, according to a BBC poll.

Almost two-thirds of Scots think immigration should be reduced, a poll commissioned by the BBC has suggested.

It suggests that Scots are almost as negative about immigration as the population in the rest of Britain.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• jacksmar
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

which one of you fuckups changed the title to the thread?

Comment

• jacksmar
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I never closely followed the whole Clinton email thing but at the RNC last week people were saying she should be shot for treason, screaming guilty and so I thought I would have a look.

I can see how she is not very likeable and keeps dodgy company, and seems to be more about opinion polls than convictions. I wonder if that last one is even such a bad thing in a modern democracy. If for example she is against gay marriage right up until the point that her constituency, the people that elect her become in favor of it, there is a pretty decent argument that is democracy in action. Not sure I agree but it's very arguable.

Anyhoo the email thing - like the Clinton blowjob before it, it seems to be getting way overegged...

What did Hillary do that was so bad?

What did Hillary really do that was so bad? In a word, nothing, as James Comey has said, though he flavored it with a bit of republican sarcasm when saying it.

To recap, when Hillary Clinton became Secretary of State, she asked for a mobile email device she could use for non-classified communications. She was told by the State Department that they could not accommodate her on that. She knew her husband had an email on a private server secured by the Secret service that he used for his communications and figured if it was secure enough for him she could piggyback on it for her non-classified communications as well. She asked Barack Obama and he said sure, that sounded reasonable to him.

Now James Comey says that that sever was not secure enough - that a gmail server would have been more secure. Saying that, knowing that the price to hack into a gmail account is $150.00, he still said it, because gmail is monitored for hacking 24-7. The Clinton's server, besides being accused of being hacked by several people, was never successfully hacked by anyone. We know the State Department servers WERE hacked several times by the Russians and Guccifer. Though Guccifer claimed he had successfully hacked the Clinton's server, when he was pressed for proof, he could provide nothing.

Now, because of the Republican investigation all of Clinton's fifty thousand emails have been released to the public. In those, there were NO emails marked classified. However, there were a few emails that contained snippets of information that the state department may have deemed as classified. One such snippet, which accounts for most of the classified information in her emails, was a link to a New York Times newspaper article about the downing of a drone over Pakistan, that several people in the State department emailed back and forth. That newspaper article has since become classified as top secret by the State Department, even though you can still read it if you have google. What's more, the information in that article came form a public press conference held by Barack Obama on the subject the day it occurred.

Hillary Clinton did not endanger National Security, nor did she send or receive any classified information on her private server. She assumed, if it was good enough for the Secret Service and her Husband, a former President, it would be good enough for her. While it was never hacked, Jame Comey says it could have been.He has nothing to substantiated that claim, but it is just something he feels.

Again, Hillary never sent nor received any emails marked classified on her private email server. She assumed, since her sever was the one used by a former President of the United Sates and secured by the secret service it was more secure than gmail. She was, as it turns out, right. James Comey may not think so, but it was never hacked - whereas the DNC servers and The State Department servers and the White House servers all were hacked - and that is what matters.

It is important to note that James Comey is a lifelong republican and would have done anything in his power to prosecute Secretary Clinton if he had found even the slightest evidence of wrong doing. He did not. End of story.
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-26-2016, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Terry McUseless admits that Hillary is LYING about "opposing" SHAFTA

Clinton friend McAuliffe says Clinton will flip on TPP, then walks it back

Terry McAuliffe tells POLITICO the Democratic nominee will support a deal with tweaks that Sanders' supporters hate. But the Clinton campaign calls the comments 'flat wrong.'

By Annie Karni

07/26/16 08:18 PM EDT

PHILADELPHIA -- Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, longtime best friend to the Clintons, said Tuesday that he believes Hillary Clinton will support the TPP trade deal if elected president, with some tweaks.

“I worry that if we don’t do TPP, at some point China’s going to break the rules -- but Hillary understands this,” he said in an interview after his speech on the main stage at the Democratic National Convention. “Once the election’s over, and we sit down on trade, people understand a couple things we want to fix on it but going forward we got to build a global economy.”

Pressed on whether Clinton would turn around and support the trade deal she opposed during the heat of the primary fight against Bernie Sanders, McAuliffe said: “Yes. Listen, she was in support of it. There were specific things in it she wants fixed.”

Later, McAuliffe’s spokesman sought to clarify the governor’s remarks after this story published, saying he was simply expressing what he wants Clinton to do if she is elected president. “While Governor McAuliffe is a supporter of the TPP, he has no expectation Secretary Clinton would change her position on the legislation and she has never told him anything to that effect.”

A top Clinton campaign official said the Democratic nominee never told McAuliffe she would be open to changing her position on TPP -- and campaign chairman John Podesta confirmed to POLITICO she never said anything like that to her longtime ally. “Love Gov. McAuliffe, but he got this one flat wrong,” Podesta tweeted. “Hillary opposes TPP BEFORE and AFTER the election. Period. Full stop.”

But Trump’s campaign immediately seized on the comments. “This should surprise nobody!” tweeted Donald Trump’s campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

The battle over TPP was one of the most notable to erupt on the floor of the convention Monday, as Sanders delegates protested the fact that language opposing the trade deal was excluded from the party platform.

Sanders delegates started a cheer, “No TPP!” as Rep. Elijah Cummings was speaking and hoisted a banner that read “Economic Justice, Climate Justice, Trade Justice.”

And McAuliffe’s comments played directly into the image of Clinton that infuriates Sanders' delegates -- especially after her selection of Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate, who vocally supports the Obama-backed trade deal. "I have no confidence she's against TPP," said Christine Pellegrino, a Sanders delegate from New York. "I haven't made up my mind about what options exist at the convention.”

McAuliffe said he feels confident Democrats will win back the Senate and even win back 30 seats in the House and be able to pass a tweaked version of the trade deal supported by President Obama. “If we get enough things done, enough opportunities to change TPP, I’m optimistic going forward,” he said. "We cannot let China write these rules for 11 other countries.”

Even as protesters headed for the exits of the Wells Fargo Center after the roll call made Clinton's nomination official, McAuliffe insisted the party was still on the road to unity.

"Sen. Sanders was a true champion," McAuliffe said. "He sent out texts, his speech last night said we have to come together. He's done everything we've asked him to do. This is a hard business, it just takes time. I think this convention made a lot of progress."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz4FaPucXCU
              Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The blatant theft of the nomination is backfiring - even at the convention itself!

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  I never closely followed the whole Clinton email thing but at the RNC last week people were saying she should be shot for treason, screaming guilty and so I thought I would have a look.

I can see how she is not very likeable and keeps dodgy company, and seems to be more about opinion polls than convictions. I wonder if that last one is even such a bad thing in a modern democracy. If for example she is against gay marriage right up until the point that her constituency, the people that elect her become in favor of it, there is a pretty decent argument that is democracy in action. Not sure I agree but it's very arguable.

Anyhoo the email thing - like the Clinton blowjob before it, it seems to be getting way overegged...
                  The email thing is largely bullshit as is the Benghazi attack. I find her very dislikeable, but again the attacks on her make me more inclined to support her because they're hypocritical shit launched by partisans with no basis in fact nor consistency...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Notice how you can't see Trump's hand as Micheal smiles?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm surprised to see that Drumf also employed Gobda from Octopussy.

There must be some sort of evil villain henchman job agency...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        The email thing is largely bullshit as is the Benghazi attack. I find her very dislikeable, but again the attacks on her make me more inclined to support her because they're hypocritical shit launched by partisans with no basis in fact nor consistency...
                        Ford says she's BCE and guilty of anything she's ever been accused of. That's good enough for me.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

FORD didn't say she was BCE. Chimpy said that himself....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

FORD, who is going to be your next President? HillBillary, or Trump?

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              The email thing is largely bullshit as is the Benghazi attack. I find her very hit launched by partisans with no basis in fact nor consistency...
                              As far as the e mail thing goes I guess that depends on who you believe. As far as Benghazi goes Hillary claims she knew nothing of requests for additional security and the denial of those requests was done by underlings without her knowledge. I find that very hard to believe.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                FORD, who is going to be your next President? HillBillary, or Trump?
                                He still thinks Bernie's gonna win.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...