X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ace diamond
    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Pesky facts getting in the way of DisgrACE's stories...again... !

Safe bet there's NO video.
    there's an old saying.........never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
      Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by GAR
      If he got wet and made a direct-ground contact with the concrete it is also possible he got zapped by a ground loop thru a fucked-up amp.

Which is quite possible, seeing the way he he's cared for his stuff. Or if he splashed stuff thru the top of the amp, coulda got a ground loop that way too.

What was that thing Ace, Valvestate 100?
      75 watt solid state line 6 spider 3. i used it on my 3rd cd, "disasterpeace theatre"

since that thing went the way of the dodo bird, i went back to my 120 watt crate solid state.
      "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        What's very explainable to me the moment he posts on something, it takes you forever to explain or understand - so instead you RUN MAUF and call a fucker "liar liar pants afire" and then get proven wrong.

That is most unfair.

First the lighting: the way I understand this, he lived up in the High Desert until earlier in the year and if you've ever driven on the 15 freeway you know once it gets wet the lightning comes out. If he says "oh I had a lightnging bug moment" and he lived in a dangerous area why even doubt it.

Second, the stage props: he's 30 but living half his age - good on him. If his pots jack and switching got ruined by splashing stuff, and broke his truss rod from swinging the thing around, why is you don't understand this but anyone else who reads english except you makes no comment on it?

We've seen his videos, we've seen him take some chances but that's not good enough for you - you doubt everything. And according to Jay you have some performances you haven't shared with the rest of the class so why not help get us on the right path to criticizing Ace the correct way by showing us how it's done.

Again - this is not about my gear. Leave me out of it! Ace has nothing to prove and YOU are in dispute - so go ahead, humble yourself. I can't wait for the Grand Naysayer here to throw down - even Lounge has shown us his Myspaces and his clips. YOU got fuckin NOTHIN.
        gar, i lived in yucaipa for 9 1/2 years.
        that is off of I-10 and sr-38. it's in the mountains.
        it's nowhere near the high desert.
        it's on the way to palm springs, which is 45 minutes away. big bear is about 1 hour away.

as for the 4 lightning strikes, i was fucking kidding, people.
        chill the fuck out.
        i never got hit by a bolt of lightning in my life.
        i have, however, had 4 or 5 very close calls.

as for being barefoot........i hate wearing anything on my feet and i much prefer to be barefoot as often as possible.
        obviously there are certain times of the year that is ill advisable, namely summer and winter.
        as for on stage, i do not ever perform barefoot.
        i did it once, and unbeknownst to me, there were shards of broken glass on the fucking stage i didn't see before i fucking stepped on them and cut my foot up bad enough to require 8 sutures at redlands hospital.
        that was on 12/31/2000.
        so needless to say, i won't ever make that mistake twice.
        oh, and gar, i'm 33, not 30.
        i was born in saturday july 2, 1977.
        Last edited by ace diamond; 11-15-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond

as for being barefoot...as for on stage, i do not ever perform barefoot.
          i did it once, and unbeknownst to me, there were shards of broken glass on the fucking stage i didn't see before i fucking stepped on them and cut my foot up bad enough to require 8 sutures at redlands hospital.
          that was on 12/31/2000.
          so needless to say, i won't ever make that mistake twice.
          Man, you must have really been deeply into your performance (or merely oblivious) in order to somehow fail to observe that the audience was pelting you with beer bottles and ashtrays.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ace diamond
            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
            Man, you must have really been deeply into your performance (or merely oblivious) in order to somehow fail to observe that the audience was pelting you with beer bottles and ashtrays.
            actually chef, the shard of glass in question was already there before i arrived to perform.
            also, i wasn't wearing my glasses that day.
            that was my mistake.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Your mistake is leaving home and/or accessing the internets.

Please become a hermit.

Signed,

- The World.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• ace diamond
                Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                Your mistake is leaving home and/or accessing the internets.

Please become a hermit.

Signed,

- The World.

fuck the world.
                signed,
                ace diamond

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

That's the spirit.

Now, log off & make sure no one is aware of your presence anywhere ever again.

Stay home, cancel your internet & never talk to or see anyone any more.

Comment

• ace diamond
                    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                    That's the spirit.

Now, log off & make sure no one is aware of your presence anywhere ever again.

Stay home, cancel your internet & never talk to or see anyone any more.

your request is denied.
                    go fuck yourself.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

Let's drop the soap opera antics & get back on topic......

Comment

• ace diamond
                        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by matt white
                        let's drop the soap opera antics & get back on topic......
                        agreed.

Comment

• ace diamond
                          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
                          chef, whilst this is all well and good, not to mention rather hilarious, seeing as how i've been hit by lightning 4 times as a kid,
                          my amp is a 120 watt crate solid state, and i now use dean guitars exclusively.
                          i have a standard black flying v and a dave mustaine vmnt-ua signature model v.
                          the dave mustaine is my primary axe.
                          the regular black flying v is my back-up.
                          i do get a pretty good tone and sound out of my set-up, and i don't use pedals when i play live.
                          i also don't use wireless.
                          i get my sound the old fashioned way.........i dial it in on the amp.
                          i submit exhibit "A" into evidence.......a cover tune and one of my original tunes off of my 1st album.

Comment

• ace diamond
                            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Sweet! ACE takes his place among everybody else who cuntinue to play -

- Gospursgo
                              - Lounge
                              - Sesh
                              - Les

Thanks for sharing ACE, looks like you have alot of fun with it.

Comment

• ace diamond
                                Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                                Sweet! ACE takes his place among everybody else who cuntinue to play -

- Gospursgo
                                - Lounge
                                - Sesh
                                - Les

Thanks for sharing ACE, looks like you have alot of fun with it.
                                here is one where you can see and hear some of the issues with the electronics and whatnot with the les paul in the latter half of the video..........

Comment

Working...