Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

oh the blue thing is a chinese non-Jackson soloist, not a Robelli.

All have standard trems but are pro setup.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VanHalener
      I appreciate that bro. Maybe I could take you up on that in the Fall? Thrills shot me a pic of a nice guitar he's willing to sell me and I think I will start my electric adventure there.

Thanks Holmes
      Sure, let me know.

*Oh, and "pro setup" Carlo Robelli (Sam Ash's knockoff import brand) = oxymoron.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Maybe I'm not a pro but I set it up with a nice fret milling and these things played well, till I bored of em.

Carlo Robelli, Oscar Schmidt.. I really don't know WTF they are, were kinda given to me for a debt in a way.

Pics in yer box if you want one.

Comment

• Blackflag
          Banned
          • Apr 2006

I'm sorry, did Hale just knock the brand of the free guitar Gar is offering, while offering nothing himself?

What am I missing here?

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
            I'm sorry, did Hale just knock the brand of the free guitar Gar is offering, while offering nothing himself?

What am I missing here?
            Sure, it's a nice gesture - which first made me want to ask "Who are you and what have you done with GAR" but - have you ever played a Carlo Robelli there, Spanky? Last ones I saw made a Squier look like an Fender American Std by comparison...

Or are these more "upper-echelon" (not being a smartass, legitimate question) models? The initial post made it seem like they were $75 blow-outs like the crap they sell on holiday weekends...
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Blackflag
              Banned
              • Apr 2006

No. But I don't look gift horses in the mouth, either.

I assume you're offering a better guitar for free?

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                Sniper
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by GAR
                I can give him one of four Carlos Robelli strats I picked up for 75 each:

clear finish
                red
                black
                blue
                green

PM me if interested. No hardshell case, but I can probably pick up a blem HSC from G and G downtown for fifty bucks extra...

Dont ever say I never offered to help out.
                You said four Strats. You listed five colors.
                Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                  Sniper
                  • Oct 2009

Carlos Robelli guitars are actually extremely nice guitars. We have classical guitars made by them at my school and they're some of the nicest ones I've played on, and that speaks for a lot. I've played on many guitars. My cousin owns a Carlo Robelli SG copy from the late 70's or early 80's. Got a few good blemishes but it's in good condition! He was gonna sell it to me for $100...
                  Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                    If you put better pickups in it and Big-Block the Edge trem on that thing, you'd have quite the little shred-stick there...

Yeah the one I bought just arrived and after a quick play it definitely needs a new bridge pickup.

I'll probably try one of those DiMarzio Tone Zone ones.

Apart from that its fine, it's not going to be my main guitar but good fun.

I'll look into your 'Big block' theory again while I'm at it but not sure about the postage of sending a lead brick across the Atlantic...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Fucking hell a Tone Zone pickup is double the price in the UK than the US!

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Yeah the one I bought just arrived and after a quick play it definitely needs a new bridge pickup.

I'll probably try one of those DiMarzio Tone Zone ones.

Apart from that its fine, it's not going to be my main guitar but good fun.

I'll look into your 'Big block' theory again while I'm at it but not sure about the postage of sending a lead brick across the Atlantic...

The "lead brick" won't cost that much to ship slow-boat, and the brass ones are inexpensive to begin with - give 'em a try!

I've never been a fan of the Tone Zone...lots of people swear by them, but all my friends and I hate them...lol
                        You might want to consider a Duncan Custom Custom instead...?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• VanHalener
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

My guitar playing suffers because I haven't a technical clue how to play guitar, but making noise is fun after a session with Cheech & Chong much like I am about to do. Going to send Thrills some mula by morning and buy one of his. There's no rule against having two or three to journey with, so what chu got Gar?

Maybe the next time I drink a few I'll grab a camera and a guitar. Should be good for a few laughs and maybe an ~Awwww Yeah~
                          ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

I'll post some pics later I took this weekend of some clutter in storage for insurance purposes.. I didn't take the plastic all the way off so if you see something you like I'll grab it and take more pics for you.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GAR
                              Maybe I'm not a pro but I set it up with a nice fret milling and these things played well, till I bored of em.
                              You no pro? Gee.....funny you should say that, as you act like you know everything, and everyone else knows nada.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                                Sniper
                                • Oct 2009

I don't know, I think i'll just stick with the Peavey Vypyr for now. My Kramer's nice enough.

Comment

Working...