Eddie Van Halen ---> Final Meltdown in Arizona--->November 19, 2004.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brett
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeah I was, so? Why don't you see who addressed who first and who carried on for about 10 posts with childish insult after insult? I can play that game too, and not cry about it. So who cares. I know you live for this board drama, so go investigate. Maybe you'll get me banned. I don't think Natra and I will lose any sleep over it.

The answer I was expecting? Well if you felt like answering, the truth. Which you told me. Ok? What now?

You brought up your husband's addictions and your child on the board of your own free will, I did not. I simply asked a question about a situation that you admitted being in.

If you felt that was a loaded question, well that's your problem Fab. I've already explained no less than 3 times in this thread, and once to you that I have dealt with very similiar issues in my life (minus the child), so I certainly have no ulterior motive. You just want to find one, and there isn't one. Does it upset you that I was truly interested in your response?
    Last edited by Brett; 11-23-2004, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Okay, here's my two cents.

I didn't think either Natra or Brett were to blame in that fight. It was a typical forum disagreement that you'll see between any two people at any forum. So, I don't think BRETT did anything particularly wrong there.

Also, FAB, you know how I feel. I will reiterate this...this is NOT an attack on you. If anyone is being attacked by me, they know it. The way I saw BRETT's comment was he was defending his argument that parents can't always have foresight when it comes to putting their kids in certain situations. BRETT did not open up the topic of your home situation. You started that topic. All he did was point out to you, by asking that question, that of course you wouldn't be able to foresee your kid's entire future with that decision. That's how I took it, anyway. I don't think BRETT intended the insult you think he gave you.

Anyway, carry on fighting.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

No, what upset me is that you'd ask such an inappropriate question.
        Lots of us were opening up and disgussing our situations but there are just certain places you don't go. Well, most people don't anyway.

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Then you should have told me to fuck off and not answered it.

Personally I found the answer interesting. No biggy.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by Rikk
            Okay, here's my two cents.

I didn't think either Natra or Brett were to blame in that fight. It was a typical forum disagreement that you'll see between any two people at any forum. So, I don't think BRETT did anything particularly wrong there.

Also, FAB, you know how I feel. I will reiterate this...this is NOT an attack on you. If anyone is being attacked by me, they know it. The way I saw BRETT's comment was he was defending his argument that parents can't always have foresight when it comes to putting their kids in certain situations. BRETT did not open up the topic of your home situation. You started that topic. All he did was point out to you, by asking that question, that of course you wouldn't be able to foresee your kid's entire future with that decision. That's how I took it, anyway. I don't think BRETT intended the insult you think he gave you.

Anyway, carry on fighting.
            I'm not fighting, just clearing the air. I have always opened up in the discussions about Eds drinking because of the similarities I have experienced and because I am passionate about the topic. If anyone expects me to believe for one minute that Bretts reason for asking that question was for any reason other than to shame me, it isn't gonna happen. It was a cheap shot and a hurtful one.
            Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2004, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by Brett
              Then you should have told me to fuck off and not answered it.

Personally I found the answer interesting. No biggy.
              Well the last time I told you to fuck off you banned me. I'm sure it would not have went any better over here, seeing as I've had my ass chewed for simply argueing with you.

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Well you're 150% off base, and I'm done trying to justify and make you feel better. If you didn't want to answer it, you shouldn't have answered it! What answer could have you given that would have shamed you? I don't even understand. You don't think I have sympathy for someone who lives with an abusive alcoholic? Wow, unreal. You really haven't read anything I've read. Thanks.

Ugh fuck this, I'm out. "Smokey And The Bandit" is on AMC, and is of course my favorite movie since I was 7. But it sucks with all the damn foul language cut out. Fuckers. Now relax Fab, you can be the good guy, I'll be the villian. Better? Cool.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                  Well the last time I told you to fuck off you banned me. I'm sure it would not have went any better over here, seeing as I've had my ass chewed for simply argueing with you.
                  Jesus FAB...you're invited back. You get along with the people you were fighting with.

And now you're twisting the facts?? You did not have your ass chewed for fighting with Brett!!! You had your ass chewed because you were crying conspiracy just because a mod contradicted your declaration that someone should leave this forum.

You want to see someone just fighting with Brett? Okay: "BRETT, FUCK YOU!!!"

There, did you see that? That's someone just fighting with Brett.

It seems more to me like neither MAX or myself can disagree with an opinion of yours or we are just siding against you for biased reasons. And that is bullshit. I've known BRETT a long time on these forums. And I've had one blow-out with him that I can remember. But in all that time, I don't remember him ever being the kind of guy that relishes in insulting one's home situation. And yes I made peace with you, FAB. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to back Brett up if I think you misread what he was saying.

Jesus, if you want the war again, just say it. Otherwise, let people treat you the same way they would treat any other poster. And I would be saying exactly the same thing to ANY poster that made an accusation I didn't agree with.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Drop the abusive... He only hurt himself. I answered it because questions like that put things in peoples head. Why would a woman have a child with an alcoholic? Why would a woman bring a child into such a tragic situation? I suppose there is always VALS answer... I thought it would enlighten him and force him to grow up...

I agree, stop trying to justify it.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Jesus FAB...you're invited back. You get along with the people you were fighting with.

And now you're twisting the facts?? You did not have your ass chewed for fighting with Brett!!! You had your ass chewed because you were crying conspiracy just because a mod contradicted your declaration that someone should leave this forum.

You want to see someone just fighting with Brett? Okay: "BRETT, FUCK YOU!!!"

There, did you see that? That's someone just fighting with Brett.

It seems more to me like neither MAX or myself can disagree with an opinion of yours or we are just siding against you for biased reasons. And that is bullshit. I've known BRETT a long time on these forums. And I've had one blow-out with him that I can remember. But in all that time, I don't remember him ever being the kind of guy that relishes in insulting one's home situation. And yes I made peace with you, FAB. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to back Brett up if I think you misread what he was saying.

Jesus, if you want the war again, just say it. Otherwise, let people treat you the same way they would treat any other poster. And I would be saying exactly the same thing to ANY poster that made an accusation I didn't agree with.
                      No, I don't want to see someone fighting with Brett, but I want to be free to argue with him if I don't agree with him or happen to not like what he says to me. Again, I didn't tell him NOT to post here, I told him, to go to his site if he wanted to deal with yes men... Let's stick to the facts here shall we... Seems to me that it is I who can not disagree with either you or Max without being told that the war is back on. Here's the thing, I don't work that way. I want peace, but not if it means I need a labotomy.

Comment

• Switch84
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

Long overdue!

Hot DAMN!!! It's DEFINITELY time for a TASTY DAVY BABY COMMERCIAL BREAK!!!
                        "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Roth and Roll Switch... On that note... I'm off to bed...

Comment

• Switch84
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                            Roth and Roll Switch... On that note... I'm off to bed...
                            This is what it's all about, Grrl!
                            "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                            Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Yep! Let us NOT forget...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

NATRA, you are a cool fucking guy! You are my homie.

But BRETT is also my friend, and I want to make it clear that he is ALWAYS welcome to post here. In fact, he's encouraged to.

So, can you guys both kiss and make out?
                                sorry, that guy has a bad breath...too much sheep kissing...and he never cleans his shoes when he walks in and brings in the sheep-shit, too...
                                Roth Army Icon
                                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...