Eddie Van Halen ---> Final Meltdown in Arizona--->November 19, 2004.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabulous Shadow

Brett, Why are you here? You can have this conversation with all the YES men you want at YOUR site.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
      So the private life of a some dumb rock guitarist (that you have no knowledge of) is comparable to a catastrophic massacre in history? Wow now that's a stretch.
      can you spell "metaphor"? first lesson is free...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Switch84
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
        Brett, Why are you here? You can have this conversation with all the YES men you want at YOUR site.

I thought it imploded from the weight of Van Hagar's demise.......

LMAOBT! Just doing my part to lighten things up a wee bit...........
        "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Seriously, what's going on Fab? Are we at war?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

but all he gets is "baaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaa"...fab, he is not here to talk seriously about a subject...
            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by lms2
              Yes, Fab, I did get to see Wolf on this tour. There have also been numerous discussions on this board regarding Wolf. It has been said that his real talent is drums.

I am not passing judgment on Ed as a father, but he has been in his sons life since birth... the dependency gene is passed on biologically, whether the dad is around or not. Many kids who see what their parents become because of the drug of choice, are able to then make a concious decision to avoid that drug.

When I commented that Wolf had been fairly sheltered up until this tour, I was not referring to inside their household or in his private life, but from the prying eyes of the media in general. I guess that may be debatable, but so far everyone I have discussed this with has agreed.

FYI...I have been licensed by my state to be a parent. (scary ain't it!).
              Further, I have had indepth training in dealing with kids from situations where there parents are abusive and addicts. Much as I would love to take some of these kids and make damn sure they never see their parents again.... that is not the recommended course of action by any of the experts. Even for kids that will never be returned to that living situation.

Yes, I agree that your son is your responsiblity, and it is not my place to tell you how to raise your son, or to suggest what you should do about your situation. I am simply agreeing one step futher by saying you should also not judge Val for her choices. My mistake. I guess when you marry a rock star and have a child, the worlds gets to decide what is right for that child.
              You went and saw Sammy huh? That's news... Who said Wolf was better on drums? ED? LMAO! Every parent thinks their kid is the best there is.

As for ED, living in the house, does not make him in Wolfs life. It's been said that he basically lived in 5150. How interactive can you be when you drink all day? I know your not a blazing idiot! Have you been around someone who was drunk when you wern't? DISGUSTING!
              Have you smelled day old alcohol on someone? Watched someone DT? Driven in the car with someone who was drunk? Now that's being in his life isn;t it! Hey wolf, bring me one of those Heinekins... Yeah and grab a Haagen Daaz for yourself!

Licsenced to be a parent? well GOOD FOR YOU... Reading your previous post about letting kids see the good the good the bad and the ugly has me questiong the people who fucking gave you that license. Probably the same people who let KATY be a foster parent...
              Kids should be allowed to be kids! They should not have to bear the burdens of their parents problems.

Comment

• Switch84
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

So the private life of a some dumb rock guitarist (that you have no knowledge of) is comparable to a catastrophic massacre in history? Wow now that's a stretch.
                Well, judging by the 747 oversweep of your brain that my post made, I was right.

The reference was to FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE: Does one have to experience events first-hand to know that they exist. No, they don't.
                "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Seriously, what's going on Fab? Are we at war?
                  Whats going on is you coming into this thread where people were having cicilized conversation and directing those two posts at me. This is not a subject you want to get shitty with me on. Your first post was bad, the second one, questioning me on my pregnancy was fucking pathetic. I will take the HEAT on everything but my son and what I have done to protect him from alcoholism are NOT areas open for discussion. I loved his father and would have stayed and helped him to my death if it were not for my son. DONT FUCKING QUESTION ME ON THAT!

Comment

• Switch84
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

TASTY DAVE COMMERCIAL BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by Switch84
                      Whew... Thanks Switch... I needed that!

Comment

• lms2

I love commercial breaks...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Switch84
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Whew... Thanks Switch... I needed that!

You're welcome! I needed it, too!
                            Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Ladies, you're asking for this guy to be reasonable and rational... It aint gonna happen. He is never going to see any of the wrongs he done to people. He will always percieve himself as the victim and he will always find ways to justify it all to himself and guess what, thats the only person he really cares about proving anything to.
                              Don't say it ain't gonna happen. You never know.

speaking of personal experiences, I have personally seen alcoholics in worse shape than Ed (I am pretty sure he is still in control of his bodily functions) sober up a fly right. And when/if they do, they are usually pretty remorseful for hurting those who have cared about them.

Unfortunately they have to hit rock bottom, and each alcoholic has a different bottom. If Ed is still drinking after Friday night, well, that wasn't his bottom.

The question is, for Ed and for all active alcoholics, which will come first? his death? or his bottom? I'm hopin' for the latter.
                              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2004

Fuck Yeah!
                                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

Working...