Has Spammy's Van Hagar actually sold out any shows yet ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Now, this is pathetic attendance figures!!!!

AmusementBusiness.com

Artist/ Event Van Halen
    Venue Hersheypark Stadium
    City / State Hershey, Pa.
    Date June 13, 2004
    Gross Sales $815,908
    International Gross Sales
    Attendance 11,345
    Capacity 21,572
    Shows 1
    Sell-Outs 0
    Prices $87.50, $35
    Promoter Clear Channel Entertainment

Artist/ Event Van Halen
    Venue HSBC Arena
    City / State Buffalo, N.Y.
    Date June 14, 2004
    Gross Sales $491,390
    Attendance 7,596
    Capacity 15,573
    Shows 1
    Sell-Outs 0
    Prices $85, $45
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

7,596 !

Im could be wrong, but that might be the record low attendance so far.
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

This tour is limping along. All shit aside..
        And the inside goss is that Sammy is the only one
        really trying ? Or are the other guys just so bad that
        they are making Spammy look good ?
        Thats a scary thought....
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

All will be revealed when Metal Sludge post the figures

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

The Sham Halen tour limps into DETROIT this weekend...and tickets are still available some 6 weeks after going on sale. Back in the glory days of DAVID LEE ROTH DETROIT SOLD OUT IN A MATTER OF MINUTES!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA! What a fucking joke!

Comment

• scottydabodi
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Eddie's Final Hurrah

So this is IT FOR ED?!? This is all he's got?!? Fuck him... AND his retarded brother. Mediocrity just doesn't float, huh? I just can't BELIEVE these figures... half full arenas?!? Whitesnake's last tour in the US did better than that!! AND THAT WAS LAST YEAR!! Goddamn! Serves Ed right. He shoulda just did the right thing! SERVES HIS DRUNK ASS RIGHT!!!!
              If you listen to fools
              The Mob Rules

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

Those attendances are pathetic and they confirm what Gslinger was telling us at the time.

Also, I read in an Indy Star article that only 13,500 turned up at Van Hagar's show in Indianapolis. The venue holds 24,000. I think that was the food voucher gig.

Comment

• justaxxxgirl
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                  Now, this is pathetic attendance figures!!!!

AmusementBusiness.com

Artist/ Event Van Halen
                  Venue Hersheypark Stadium
                  City / State Hershey, Pa.
                  Date June 13, 2004
                  Gross Sales $815,908
                  Attendance 11,345
                  Capacity 21,572
                  Shows 1
                  Sell-Outs 0
                  Prices $87.50, $35

Artist/ Event Van Halen
                  Venue HSBC Arena
                  City / State Buffalo, N.Y.
                  Date June 14, 2004
                  Gross Sales $491,390
                  Attendance 7,596
                  Capacity 15,573
                  Shows 1
                  Sell-Outs 0
                  Prices $85, $45

I agree with you, 1/2 empty venues for a Van Halen show is very pathetic attendance. Thxs for post.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Tarps!! Get your tarps here.....

Comment

• Carmine
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                      Tarps!! Get your tarps here.....
                      knew that was coming G.R.----LOL

Comment

• Figs
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

C'mon, don't you know they are "selling out all over the country?"

They expect over 25,000 at Joe Louis. That's more than two shows at the Meadowlands, in a smaller market, Hmmmm...I wonder...

VH reported the numbers for the Philly dates to Billboard, but no reports since...

Comment

• maskedmuffin

New poster here and i am going to tell you the way i see it:

Vh is dead....but not due to diamond dave as some of you feel it is, but rather the changing times. Vh was actually the bomb with diamond dave, but after he left it became even BIGGER in terms of revenue and hit singles (i think if you look it up in terms of number 1 hits and gold albums, etc.. van hagar #1 outdrew it)

After hagar left the first time and halen decided to try the new cherone style, what was essentially left of halen died off.. Then what happened was the 90's hit, and they hit hard.. Look around you folks! take a good look. I was a BIG hair metal fan, and after that (and still to this day..i know its sad) a BIGG gNR fan.. but after the glory days and nirvana came the face of rock changed. Original, true blue rock is gone. Out of the recesses of punk rock has come modern day, ugh..rock if you want to call it that, describing the anxt of this new society. And face it, the modern day rockers cant hit the chords of the rockers of the 80's, who THEMSELVES honed their skills from the GREATS of the 60's and 70's. Instead you are left with rockers spawned from the age of grundge, barely able to chime out more than a handful of chords...

Whats scary is that what velvet revolver is attemping to do is try to revitalize the rock scene with NEW rock that has some 80's style SPUNK to it, while at the same time bringing in the new age "themes."

Getting back on topic, and to you people's useless "spammy vs dave" argument, drop it and let it go. Of course halen sucks now, what the fuck do you expect? They ate 10 years away from their glory days, and getting back a member who was too buys goofing off with his red rocker shit..do you honestly believe he can sing his OWN classics now after all that time? (like poundcake, right now,etc). OF COURSE NOT..and dont even get me started on dave. The guy stinks as a pure singer nowadays, but man oh man does he TRY to hide that with, what i believe to be the 2nd best stage presence as a frontman (behind the ONCE famous axl rose, another topic i can get into later). To do what he does now at age 50 is amazing on stage, he has great charisma, but lyrically its just not there. FAce facts with that.

Thing about vocalists who are rockers, you notice it with them. When they sing their older hits they cant keep it in tune. So they try their newer hits, and with their newer band, and it sounds more "in" with "current day events" Go back to gnr for a second. Their 2002 tour was cancelled (again due to rose's arrogance mainly)..but if you actually listen to their music from that tour, except for 1 good performance (toronto 2002) axl was just not vintage axl on the older songs. But listen to him on his NEWER songs and you get a GOOD vibe going (like "the blues" or MADAGASCAR..which i believe really will be a hit when it finally comes out).
                          VELVET are capitalizing on that with their "newer adge theme", but keeping with 80's roots (slash on his guitar still being slash) with songs like "its so easy" and the song about the kids., whlie mixing in "falling to pieces, slither" (appeasing modern day genre).

Probably wondering my point in all of this. Point is this, diamond dave coming back wont MAKE van halen a name again. Van halen using the strong voice of hagar, or the frontman antics of dave along with a "new edge music" will make van halen VAN HALEN AGAIN. But most of you dont wwant that... most of you just love reliiving the 80's songs of classic vh, and lashing out at spammy, er sammy.

THE PROBLEM..folks..ruminate over the PROBLEM..and come up with the SOLUTION:

the problem: how to make ROCK RELAVENT AGAIN!

p.s.: NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING, beats iron maiden live in terms of "80's rock stars still reliving their glory years today"

P.ps: Eddie has lost something, just as i am sure slash has lost "Something".. but adapting to a newer style makes that "something" ..well.. nothing. But when a frontman cant play older hits, hes immediately branded a has-been...maybe the frontman and his cohorts should be urged to play their newer material, with a newer feel. Might actually appeal to this generation...and that might invigorate a band with a rich history.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by maskedmuffin
                            New poster here and i am going to tell you the way i see it:

Vh is dead....but not due to diamond dave as some of you feel it is, but rather the changing times. Vh was actually the bomb with diamond dave, but after he left it became even BIGGER in terms of revenue and hit singles (i think if you look it up in terms of number 1 hits and gold albums, etc.. van hagar #1 outdrew it)

After hagar left the first time and halen decided to try the new cherone style, what was essentially left of halen died off.. Then what happened was the 90's hit, and they hit hard.. Look around you folks! take a good look. I was a BIG hair metal fan, and after that (and still to this day..i know its sad) a BIGG gNR fan.. but after the glory days and nirvana came the face of rock changed. Original, true blue rock is gone. Out of the recesses of punk rock has come modern day, ugh..rock if you want to call it that, describing the anxt of this new society. And face it, the modern day rockers cant hit the chords of the rockers of the 80's, who THEMSELVES honed their skills from the GREATS of the 60's and 70's. Instead you are left with rockers spawned from the age of grundge, barely able to chime out more than a handful of chords...

Whats scary is that what velvet revolver is attemping to do is try to revitalize the rock scene with NEW rock that has some 80's style SPUNK to it, while at the same time bringing in the new age "themes."

Getting back on topic, and to you people's useless "spammy vs dave" argument, drop it and let it go. Of course halen sucks now, what the fuck do you expect? They ate 10 years away from their glory days, and getting back a member who was too buys goofing off with his red rocker shit..do you honestly believe he can sing his OWN classics now after all that time? (like poundcake, right now,etc). OF COURSE NOT..and dont even get me started on dave. The guy stinks as a pure singer nowadays, but man oh man does he TRY to hide that with, what i believe to be the 2nd best stage presence as a frontman (behind the ONCE famous axl rose, another topic i can get into later). To do what he does now at age 50 is amazing on stage, he has great charisma, but lyrically its just not there. FAce facts with that.

Thing about vocalists who are rockers, you notice it with them. When they sing their older hits they cant keep it in tune. So they try their newer hits, and with their newer band, and it sounds more "in" with "current day events" Go back to gnr for a second. Their 2002 tour was cancelled (again due to rose's arrogance mainly)..but if you actually listen to their music from that tour, except for 1 good performance (toronto 2002) axl was just not vintage axl on the older songs. But listen to him on his NEWER songs and you get a GOOD vibe going (like "the blues" or MADAGASCAR..which i believe really will be a hit when it finally comes out).
                            VELVET are capitalizing on that with their "newer adge theme", but keeping with 80's roots (slash on his guitar still being slash) with songs like "its so easy" and the song about the kids., whlie mixing in "falling to pieces, slither" (appeasing modern day genre).

Probably wondering my point in all of this. Point is this, diamond dave coming back wont MAKE van halen a name again. Van halen using the strong voice of hagar, or the frontman antics of dave along with a "new edge music" will make van halen VAN HALEN AGAIN. But most of you dont wwant that... most of you just love reliiving the 80's songs of classic vh, and lashing out at spammy, er sammy.

THE PROBLEM..folks..ruminate over the PROBLEM..and come up with the SOLUTION:

the problem: how to make ROCK RELAVENT AGAIN!

p.s.: NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING, beats iron maiden live in terms of "80's rock stars still reliving their glory years today"

P.ps: Eddie has lost something, just as i am sure slash has lost "Something".. but adapting to a newer style makes that "something" ..well.. nothing. But when a frontman cant play older hits, hes immediately branded a has-been...maybe the frontman and his cohorts should be urged to play their newer material, with a newer feel. Might actually appeal to this generation...and that might invigorate a band with a rich history.
                            I could only read half of your long winded post. I will just comment

on one thing. They are not ten years past their glory days, They are

19 years past their glory days. As for the state of rock? Who better

to fix it again than the band that saved rock the first time!!!!!

CVH!!!!! Oh yeah....fuck you!!

Comment

• DaveIsKing
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Spammy sucks eggs.
                              PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Comment

• scottydabodi
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

HUH?!?

Dude, you must've been on quaaludes when you posted that GARGANTUAN post... what the hell was it about?? Seemed like a whole lotta hooey that I can some up in 1 short sentence: Sam's a homo, Roth kicks ass, and Axl is a fucking DoucheBag.
                                If you listen to fools
                                The Mob Rules

Comment

Working...