X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

as dave said in his book (on one of the stage fotos)...

"new years eve? try a regular tuesday"

bass player will be with sam on new yeas eve...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Well, looks like we have a new date to look forward to!

In 2000, we had SEVERAL dates thrown at us from supposed 'insiders'.

None of those dates came to fruition, of course.

Not sayin' the Guy won't deliver, but it sure as hell might be a very interesting Thanksgiving!

Here's to Thursday, November 23rd!
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• The Guy
        Banned
        • Sep 2006

On the Rocky Balboa soundtrack, the answer is no. Ed was never approached by Stallone and nor will there be anything from Ed on the soundtrack. This came directly from Ed himself.

On reunion with Dave, things are still going strong and very positive. Eddie is very excited about this and is hoping to make it official very soon. Perhaps not too far after Dave's tour wraps up in a week, but we'll see.
        Don't hold me onto the Thanksgiving date, we all know this is Van Halen, but it won't be too far from that on either side.

On Mike being involved, as he stated before the door is open for Mike. Its up to him, does he want to continue as a member of Van Halen or does he want to play with Sammy. Sam by the way is not a member of Van Halen anymore, someday it will be official on Van-Halen.com. If Mike does not want to do it, then it looks like Wolfie will play a part and/or someone else too.
        Eddie no longer has bad feeling toward Mike for his gigs with Sam, he still doesn't like how they labeled it as the "Other Half" though.

Ed has cut his drinking way down, his playing in the studio is top notch Eddie and he has been blistering through the old stuff note for note and dead on with Al and Wolfie.

That all I know right now.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Guy
          On the Rocky Balboa soundtrack, the answer is no. Ed was never approached by Stallone and nor will there be anything from Ed on the soundtrack. This came directly from Ed himself.

On reunion with Dave, things are still going strong and very positive. Eddie is very excited about this and is hoping to make it official very soon. Perhaps not too far after Dave's tour wraps up in a week, but we'll see.
          Don't hold me onto the Thanksgiving date, we all know this is Van Halen, but it won't be too far from that on either side.

On Mike being involved, as he stated before the door is open for Mike. Its up to him, does he want to continue as a member of Van Halen or does he want to play with Sammy. Sam by the way is not a member of Van Halen anymore, someday it will be official on Van-Halen.com. If Mike does not want to do it, then it looks like Wolfie will play a part and/or someone else too.
          Eddie no longer has bad feeling toward Mike for his gigs with Sam, he still doesn't like how they labeled it as the "Other Half" though.

Ed has cut his drinking way down, his playing in the studio is top notch Eddie and he has been blistering through the old stuff note for note and dead on with Al and Wolfie.

may the next truck run over you if you're lying
          Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
            may the next truck run over you if you're lying
            LOL!

Well, I'd give The Guy a little more credit, mostly due to the fact that he broke the news BEFORE Melodicrock about Dave and Eddie working together again. Also, in light of the recent news concerning the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, The Guy just might be right afterall.

We shall see.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Interesting news about Mike's involvement.

My guess is that the only way for Mike to know that the 'door is still open' is for Ed to call him and say so.

Good on Ed to throw it in Mike's court because he's so Sammy devoted these days.

Then again, Mike will see the big $$$$$ involved and seeing how he likes to please the fans, he will be there.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                LOL!

Well, I'd give The Guy a little more credit, mostly due to the fact that he broke the news BEFORE Melodicrock about Dave and Eddie working together again. Also, in light of the recent news concerning the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, The Guy just might be right afterall.

We shall see.
                credit? I'll pay that fucker a dinner if all this works out
                Roth Army Icon

Comment

• TheArchitect
                  Groupie
                  • Oct 2006

I'm confused. Everything I have seen elsewhere is indicating just a tour. Why are they so reluctant to do new music? I realize a tour is far more lucrative but is money really that big of a concern for any of them at this point? EVH was always flying the flag of it being all about the music but that really doesn't seem to be tha case anymore.

As for the door open to Mike, does that mean he works for a salary again like the last tour? It also sounds like they are forcing Mike to choose between VH or Sam to be a part of this the way you phrased it. Are they really trying to dictate who Mike spends his free time with as a requirement of being a part of this or am I misunderstanding you?

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

It'd be a damn shame if Mike wasn't involved after all the years trying to get this reunion official!

Comment

• sickman
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Aug 2005

Well I hope all that The Guy is reporting is true. As far as Dave still touring if everything is roses, He probably wants to stay on top of his game and keep up the stamina for a full VH Kick fuckin Ass tour, Of the likes we haven't seen since 1984.

Comment

• bru87tr
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                        All of it believable until the bullshit about "getting together to collaborate on lyrics". That will never happen.....no way Dave would accept any input from those two neanderthal brothers on lyrics.
                        thats truth!
                        "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• The Guy
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2006

Good news and bad news.

First with the bad, it doesn't look like Mike is willing to be a part of this as of right now. Things however are not set in stone. He is leaning to sticking with Sammy.

Now for the good news. Its pretty much a done deal now with Dave coming back. Wolfie as of now is in Van Halen. Like I said last week, they are absolutley ripping through the old material like crazy.
                          I have seen it personally and I can't believe that a kid his age has the chops he has, and not just on the bass.
                          I really think people will be very impressed by this and the doubters will become believers. Sad about Mike, but its not the worst thing to happen, trust me.

Comment

• Ellyllions
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

Um, The Guy...can I kiss you?
                            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• rockhead
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2006

I cant beleive that MA wants nothing to do with the reunion!.

The guy, 2 questions i have 1. When is this reunion supposed to be released to the media and when do dates for a potential tour get released?.

Comment

• Grant
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by rockhead
                                I cant beleive that MA wants nothing to do with the reunion!.
                                It wouldn't surprise me if Mike has his priorities with his family at the moment to even entertain the idea of joining for a reunion tour. Maybe when things real start to get going he may come round to join them. I hope so!

Despite what 'The Guy' has said, I dunno if I can handle Wolfie on bass over Mike, no matter how good the kid is.

Comment

Working...