[color=red][size=3][b]It's Official: Van HALEN inducted into RRHOF[/b][/size][/color]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roy Munson
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Will somebody explain to e why GArY Cherone is NOT included in this? I mean, seriously, what's the criteria that allows Hagar to be included but not Cherone? This is some fucked up shit. HAGAR HAS NO BUSINESS BEING INVOLVED IN THIS. And if he is, so should Cherone.

What a fucked situation this is.
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

How the Hall conducts business is strange.

Which is why many feel its a joke and overall doesn't matter much.

Only the original Sabbath got in last year -- no Dio, while many Sab fans like the Dio-led lineup just as much. Was it as successful as Ozzy?? In some ways, yes. Heaven and Hell is a classic album, right up there with Paranoid, yet it doesn't get recognized by the Hall.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Ellyllions
        Veteran
        • Mar 2006

Was Gary ever given writing credits?

Could be your answer right there. All along we thought that MA was a hired musician yet I see on my liners that he's been given writing credits. That means he has been a full fledged partner at some point.

Maybe Cherone never was...
        "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions

Could be your answer right there. All along we thought that MA was a hired musician yet I see on my liners that he's been given writing credits. That means he has been a full fledged partner at some point.

Not sure about the Gary writing credit thing.

Mike, on the other hand, was a founding member of the band.

Back in the old days, he was a full fledged partner -- not sure about the Hagar years but I would guess he was an equal for most of those years as well.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions

Cherone was credited for the VDIII album, and he wrote the lyrics. I'm guessing that the 4 way split in the publishing was something the band agreed on in the early days, as a way of avoiding fights on at least one subject. Though the reality is that neither Mikey or Alex ever wrote much of anything. In terms of songwriting, Van HALEN was all about Dave & Eddie, and Van Hagar was all Eddie & Cheddie. Ed claims he actually wrote his music TO Cherone's lyrics for VDIII, which explains at least one of the many reasons that album sucked.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ellyllions
              Veteran
              • Mar 2006

I wouldn't know what Cherone's credits were as I never even researched the band passed OU812.

But somewhere in the politics of the actual business structure is why Cherone isn't included in the induction.
              "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• wontjeffries
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Jan 2007

radical!! ive got to keep up with the news better. wow! never thought i'd see the day when the ronettes made it. great!!!!!!!
                http://www.m30.ca/movs/a-.banner.jpg

Comment

• pflo
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                  Cherone was credited for the VDIII album, and he wrote the lyrics. I'm guessing that the 4 way split in the publishing was something the band agreed on in the early days, as a way of avoiding fights on at least one subject. Though the reality is that neither Mikey or Alex ever wrote much of anything. In terms of songwriting, Van HALEN was all about Dave & Eddie, and Van Hagar was all Eddie & Cheddie. Ed claims he actually wrote his music TO Cherone's lyrics for VDIII, which explains at least one of the many reasons that album sucked.
                  hi

Comment

• pflo
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2006

Dont be so presumptuous, you dont know the extent of Als contributions, he may have a big hand in arrangements, as Ed wrote playing with Al. Mike got the coffee and donuts.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

e-online says that Ed, Al and Dave "made a joint statement" on the news of entering the hall.

Get the latest news on celebrity scandals, engagements, and divorces! Check out our breaking stories on Hollywood's hottest stars!

That's news to me, I thought Dave, Mike and Spammy only made indvidual statements, Hagar opting to talk about it in interview after interview.

Here's what the article said:

In a joint statement, Eddie and Alex Van Halen and Roth said, "It is an honor and a privilege and we would like to thank the fans and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame committee." Hagar, meanwhile, called the news "humbling" and said he hoped everyone would get along for the induction.
                      Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 01-11-2007, 11:17 PM.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                        e-online says that Ed, Al and Dave "made a joint statement" on the news of entering the hall.

Get the latest news on celebrity scandals, engagements, and divorces! Check out our breaking stories on Hollywood's hottest stars!

That's news to me, I thought Dave, Mike and Spammy only made indvidual statements, Hagar opting to talk about it in interview after interview.
                        Interesting how they say it's a "joint" statement, yet the quote is the one originally attributed to Dave only...:confused:
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by pflo
                          Dont be so presumptuous, you dont know the extent of Als contributions, he may have a big hand in arrangements, as Ed wrote playing with Al. Mike got the coffee and donuts.
                          If Al's contribution to the music writing was of any significance, then the music would not have changed so drastically when Dave left the band and Cheesehead stepped in.

Not that Alice hasn't had her occasional moments of brilliance, like the Hot For Teacher intro, but drummers aren't often the credited songwriter. Neil Peart only gets away with it because he's the lyricist, not because he's (arguably) the best drummer on the planet.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                            Interesting how they say it's a "joint" statement, yet the quote is the one originally attributed to Dave only...:confused:
                            Maybe the Van Heineken's smoked a joint, couldn't think of anything to say themselves, and finally said "Fuck it, we'll just say what Dave said".

Hence, a joint statement.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Feb 2004

Maybe the Van Heineken's smoked a joint, couldn't think of anything to say themselves, and finally said "Fuck it, we'll just say what Dave said".

Hence, a joint statement.
                              If Dave is writing the lyrics for the VH sisters, it can only mean one thing....
                              http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• thetoolrules
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2006

yawn.

Comment

Working...