[color=red][size=3][b]It's Official: Van HALEN inducted into RRHOF[/b][/size][/color]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
    CVH would probably perform their signature "JUMP" and you can bet that ED would introduce Wolfie on stage and have him on Bass.....cuz Ed doesn't give a rip what any of us think or how it effects BassPlayer.
    I think they won't perform at all.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

My take on it is, They will all be there to be introduced. Even Spambo. BUT, where it differentiates, is if they play live, it would only be w/ Dave. There is no way they could play a small set with Sam and with Dave. No way. Too many reasons to list.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
        My take on it is, They will all be there to be introduced. Even Spambo. BUT, where it differentiates, is if they play live, it would only be w/ Dave. There is no way they could play a small set with Sam and with Dave. No way. Too many reasons to list.
        After thinking about it, I have a tendency to agree with Vinnie Velvet, that they won't perform, because, think about it...........Who would be on Bass?:confused:
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

I predict that someone gets sucker-punched during the first few minutes on stage
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

It's gonna be painful to watch, Dave, Sped, and Hagar all going for the mic to give the acceptance speech,

Car-crash TV...
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
              I predict that someone gets sucker-punched during the first few minutes on stage
              I'm praying it's gonna be Sam.
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                I want 1 song by VAN FUCKING HALEN.....

seeing DAVID LEE ROTH MIKE ANTHONY EVH & SHEMP perform for the first time since 1984 will put van hagar in the dirt for good......
                And NOT Jump, for Christ's sake!!

In fact, no keyboards allowed on stage at all.

That way if we are forced to hear a Van Hagar song, at least it would be one of the more tolerable ones.

The bad news is that Cheesemaster got in, despite the fact that he's not eligible. The good news is that Eddie can't stand the tequila peddling bastard at the moment, so there probably WON'T be any live Van Hagar.

As for live Van HALEN.... I hope so. Would they risk a Wolfie train wreck in front of a house full of musicians, would they draft someone else out of the crowd, or will they do the right thing for 10 minutes and let Sobolewski take his proper place on stage?

I'll be watching the shit either way.......

Congrats to REM, Grandmaster Flash, and the rest of the nominees as well.....
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ellyllions
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

I'm with Ford on this one.

Can we ban the synth for the stage? I mean pretty please?
                  I'd just puke if they whipped out one of those shitty (read sappy) Sam tunes.
                  "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by the mentally challenged BritGunt
                    I have just heard that David has stepped down from the reunion tour as he was led to believe that it would be just him on stage with Ed, Al & Mike.

This is terrible news, I hope they can patch things up.

Peace

GUNT

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk
                    Go blow Tony Blair's poodle dick, you fucking GUNT.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      And NOT Jump, for Christ's sake!!

The bad news is that Cheesemaster got in, despite the fact that he's not eligible. The good news is that Eddie can't stand the tequila peddling bastard at the moment, so there probably WON'T be any live Van Hagar.
                      I agree.

And add to the fact that Eddie's just been playing CVH these days anyway, why would he want to bust into shit like "Right Now"???
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ppg960
                        Sniper
                        • Dec 2005

I never believed there would be a reunion tour anyway. If this puts the final nail in the coffin,so be it.
                        Now Mike is out of the picture, Sammy / Ed can't stand each other, Ed / Dave never happen. This has been a pipe dream all along.
                        RRHOF induction will cap an end to a fantastic career.
                        Put it to bed. Let these guys go on and do their own thing

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

- Van Halen (Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, Alex Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen, David Lee Roth)

Max, when can I expect the grand you owe me from our bet???

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ppg960
                            I never believed there would be a reunion tour anyway. If this puts the final nail in the coffin,so be it.
                            Now Mike is out of the picture, Sammy / Ed can't stand each other, Ed / Dave never happen. This has been a pipe dream all along.
                            RRHOF induction will cap an end to a fantastic career.
                            Put it to bed. Let these guys go on and do their own thing
                            Why does everyone think they still won't be a tour with Dave after the ceremony???

Sure, there will be.

The band doesn't even have to perform at the ceremony.

Mike and Sam can go their separate ways after the event and Dave, Ed and Al can go their way.

Done.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

It might just be Ed & Alex with Wolfie on bass. Eddie could sing or just do a song like Panama without vocals (It worked on Letterman years ago). Anyone remember how Fogerty played CCR songs with "his" band and the true band was left backstage only to listen? They all were onstage to accept the award, but only Fogerty played.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Why is spambo being inducted, he doesn't even qualify.

Comment

Working...