[color=red][size=3][b]It's Official: Van HALEN inducted into RRHOF[/b][/size][/color]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiki-Tom
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

I could give a shit whether Spammy's gonna be there or not. I can easily ignore him as long as Dave and the rest of CVH can get along and give the fans something to be proud of. After this long one can't expect too much. Dave on stage with them in any form is better than VH with no Dave at all.
    [

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Sammy.

Originally posted by ppg960
      I would have to agree.
      They sold 18 million albums with him.
      Can't argue with the numbers.
      But none of those albums were 25 years old. Van Hagar should stand on their own in terms of eligibility.

Maybe they would make it. Paul McCartney got in as a solo artist, despite the fact that he hasn't written a decent song since 1976, so why shouldn't Eddie get in for his second band, and drag the Chedmaster with him.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Sammy.

Originally posted by FORD
        But none of those albums were 25 years old. Van Hagar should stand on their own in terms of eligibility.

Maybe they would make it. Paul McCartney got in as a solo artist, despite the fact that he hasn't written a decent song since 1976, so why shouldn't Eddie get in for his second band, and drag the Chedmaster with him.

Precicely and exactly!!! That's been the basis of my arguement, contestment and questioning of said credibility all along. It's fucking BULLSHIT!!! If Hagar's included, Cherone better be and while we're at it so ought Nicolette Larson (for contributing backing vocals on "Could This Be Magic?") along with Steve Lukather for all of his vocal contributions over the years.
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Fuck, let's throw Michael McDonald in too for helping out with "I'll Wait!!!"

This is the STUPIDIST thing I've EVER heard!!!

Question...

When Sabbath was finally inducted, was Dio also included? Just curious? Also, what about Jefferson Airplane? When they got in, was Starship also?

Again, this isn't sarcasm, I'm seriously curious?
          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• SparkieD
            Veteran
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bantonelli
            "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy ROTH Spirit."

Honor Thy ROTH.....Spam finally gets it? Hallelujah! Amen.
            No, Spam is just grasping as hard as he can for some of the limelight cuz he knows flapping his lip is the only way he'll get a piece of this. He might get to be there, but nobody will give a shit. Fuck, just a couple of days back he was talking shit about Dave's ego and Ed's ego and how he was gonna sit back in a corner and laugh when it all blew up. Now he's not even gonna go if he thinks that'll happen? Fuck Spammy and his little speech! He's had the mic for way too damn long now!
            Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
            Originally posted by rustoffa
            Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX

This is the STUPIDIST thing I've EVER heard!!!

Question...

When Sabbath was finally inducted, was Dio also included? Just curious? Also, what about Jefferson Airplane? When they got in, was Starship also?

Again, this isn't sarcasm, I'm seriously curious?
              It was definitely ONLY the original Black Sabbath, even though Dio and Vinny Appice would have both been eligible by the time of last year's induction. And as far as I can remember, Jefferson Airplane was for their classic lineup as well (Grace Slick/Marty Balin/Paul Kantner/Jorma/Cassady/etc.)

As far as Michael McDonald goes, if it were up to me, he wouldn't even get in with the Doobie Brothers. He was definitely the "Sammy Hagar" of that band.
              Last edited by FORD; 01-09-2007, 12:56 AM.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Re: Re: Sammy.

Originally posted by FORD

Yeah, what's up with that? Did they suddenly decide to throw the chronologial requirement out the window? By that logic I agree with Max--- Cherone SHOULD be there, he's about as deserving as Spam. And as for the other examples Max stated, they DID hold to the timeline in those instances, didn't they? WTF? :confused:
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2006

They sold 18 million albums with him.
                  And they sold a lot more without him. You can bet that most of the 18 million albums were sold because Eddie, Alex and Mike were on them and because of the strength of the original lineup and material. Sammy joined a legendary band with an already huge fan base.
                  And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

No, the Cherone cuntparison with Ched makes no sense.

Ga y Cherone was in the band long enough for a cup of coffee......

I'm no fan of Ched, and certainly not here to shill for him, but.....

HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN ASLEEP SINCE 1984?

Get over it for Christ's sake.

THEY'RE IN THE HALL.
                    THEY'RE AT LEAST CONSIDERING A TOUR.

Jesus tittie fucking Christ.......

"How dare they let someone in the band for 15 years stand on the stage!!!!"
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MAX

Time to change your pad, Maxi
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

What a fucking joke Spammy is going to be inducted into the RRHOF.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• WOAHYEAH
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

How nice to be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame at the age of 15, for a band you can't even name all the songs to.
                          Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

BTW...I'm Very Happy that Van Halen got in.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Now the above posts do have some truth: For all the other bands inducted, they went with the Classic Lineup.

I would be willing to bet they go with the original 4.

Spambulus Flatulus Cocksuckus does not deserve to be in the same building.

That goddamned fat klown-suit wearing sack of rotten shit is a waste of space.

Fuck that motherfucker!

Perhaps Ed (hating the Bloated One as he does) will be able to prevent Spambus from even attending....

I would say it is quite arrogant of Spambus to even think he is going to be allowed to speak at the event for ANY fucking reason!

Just who in the fuck does that egotistical asshole think he is?
                              :confused:

Comment

• bigdaddyb
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                                Technically, Van HAGAR isn't even eligible to be inducted until 2011.

finally someone said it...why the fuck is the yellow tele-tubby gonna be allowed on that stage!

eligibility is 25 yrs....Hagar's just a few yrs off

Comment

Working...