Official thread for discussing the unconfirmed bulllshit Clear Channel tour rumors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
    If this is true, Dave will probably release an Open Letter.

If this turns out to be true, I'm glad I didn't get as worked up as some fans. Not that I blame those fans...it's just that some of us have lost total faith...

I'm not there yet...but if this tour is cancelled...
    If this thing is cancelled, I can't imagine getting fired up again down the road...
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• fullbug5150
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jan 2007

Eddie's girlfriend and spokesperson is just postponing the tour for a short period until she can complete the costumes she was designing for each member of the band based on their astrological signs. And to get a Stonehenge monument that was NOT in danger of being crushed by a dwarf.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by firestarter
        is pollstar a valid source??
        They're sometimes good about posting concert dates before TicketBastard does.

I don't know if Pollstar is owned by Clear Channel, but it's obvious that they DO accept whatever the behemoth company tells them as gospel.

Pollstar's "source" IS the questionable Fear Channel memo.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gunsnmotley
          IDk, theres just something I dont buy about this story.

The fact that it says it was never official. well if it wasnt, then why was it announced 18days ago?? if it wasnt then why are there official pics of the band together and an interview with DLR in an upcoming Rolling stone. and now its off??

Idk what to believe
          I would imagine that if its posted on the bands official site, then its official...right?
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
            If this thing is cancelled, I can't imagine getting fired up again down the road...
            If this is cancelled, I wouldn't even give a shit if we changed this forum to a standard music forum. Because I'll be so pissed with all the members of VH if they fucked this up.

Mind you, I have a feeling this could be Dave refusing to be an employee and Eddie and Alex saying, "No way you'll get percentage" and Dave walking out the door. And if that's the case, then all power to Dave.
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• perilousepete
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2007

yeah, pretty sure that if it's was released on van halen's official website, and it's still frickin there, i'm guessing that's the main source....just a shot in the dark.....so why is there even a discussion on this it doesn't mean shit until the website is changed
              http://geocities.com/sirdominic@sbcg...iestrat3yx.jpg

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Maybe it wasn't official because the actual tourdates hadn't been announced yet?

Fuck, I don't know.
                Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                  If this is cancelled, I wouldn't even give a shit if we changed this forum to a standard music forum. Because I'll be so pissed with all the members of VH fucked this up.

Mind you, I have a feeling this could be Dave refusing to be an employee and Eddie and Alex saying, "No way you'll get percentage" and Dave walking out the door. And if that's the case, then all power to Dave.
                  yup, all the power to him

"nobody puts Davy in a corner"

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                    yup, all the power to him

"nobody puts Davy in a corner"
                    Exactly exactly.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

I just went to eddievanhalen.com to see what was going on there about this subject and somebody posted a "masked profanity" and caught shit for it from some psycho moderator named Bonnie. Check this BS out:

GUYS!!!GUYS!!!!
                      I realize, that this "rumor" could be, and is, upseting and hard to take, but PLEASE refrain yourselves from using "masked profanity", as it IS NOT ALLOWED here!!!
                      No "asterisks" in place of letters, as that is what "masked profanity" is!!
                      Already, twice in one thread....enough....play nice....don't make me get out my paddle.......
                      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• gunsnmotley
                        Groupie
                        • Feb 2007

if that was the case, dave wouldve been out months ago. remember rumors of them talking started up in september

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by perilousepete
                          yeah, pretty sure that if it's was released on van halen's official website, and it's still frickin there, i'm guessing that's the main source....just a shot in the dark.....so why is there even a discussion on this it doesn't mean shit until the website is changed
                          Well, that promises to be slow and painful..

shit...Hagar was still up there a few weeks ago

Comment

• ModernDayWarior
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by fullbug5150
                            Eddie's girlfriend and spokesperson is just postponing the tour for a short period until she can complete the costumes she was designing for each member of the band based on their astrological signs. And to get a Stonehenge monument that was NOT in danger of being crushed by a dwarf.

Maybe if there's gonna be new songs they will be mixed in Doubley.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                              I just went to eddievanhalen.com to see what was going on there about this subject and somebody posted a "masked profanity" and caught shit for it from some psycho moderator named Bonnie. Check this BS out:

GUYS!!!GUYS!!!!
                              I realize, that this "rumor" could be, and is, upseting and hard to take, but PLEASE refrain yourselves from using "masked profanity", as it IS NOT ALLOWED here!!!
                              No "asterisks" in place of letters, as that is what "masked profanity" is!!
                              Already, twice in one thread....enough....play nice....don't make me get out my paddle.......
                              Oooohhhh...sounds hot...I'm going over there right now to make her get her paddle

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

I wish I invented this rumor. This would've been even funnier...
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...